Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you got those cool looking lights get a journal going BIGSmO. You know I ask question that too. How can such a light draw such high wall wattage and grow such huge plants. Best of luck with your new lights and that really sucks how KIND treated you maybe if I had ran into that kind of experience I would have gone the more expensive led. I expect to see some huge plants BIGSMO bro. Hows about a live grow off between you and me are you up for it you can even pick the strain. We have a live grow challenge section all in good fun so are you up for the challenge?
I am absolutely 100% down, But I do need a little time. This here is a little more of the commercial grow. I have 13 in trays now and 15 right behind them a couple weeks old and 18 hubbabubba seedlings going.

Don't get me wrong I own more lights than most grow shops. Hps always seemed to do well and like atulip said before you should always compare wall watts when going with led and that's exactly what I always done. For 100 bucks the galaxy are great same goes for Mars it's just nothing to brag about if you follow me. Just hanging right now I have 3 different lights and brands. In my basement I have probably close to 10 more. Expensive lights aren't the best option but when you get down to the real numbers a 100$ Mars isn't doing a whole hell of a lot for a plant. Atulip again said they will grow but you need more of them.
image.jpg
That's the same Mars I referred at lease a dozen people to. New growers, younger people, or people without the money. What BURNS MY ASS!!! Is when these people then see an oz or 2 come off a plant and then go to companies like I posted a pic of earlier. Or kind or some 1200$ Apollo when all it is, is a little bigger Mars with tons of advertising and deeper false claims that so many people fall for. A 1200$ light with 200 par watts is an absolute joke and for the money they could buy a real light or even 2. I'm not after the people who spend a few hundred I am against the companies that sell 1000-2000$ lights that are scams. They work but it's not what people pay for.

I know I may have come across a little harsh earlier but this is because I love to help people and I hate to see people get screwed. I was helped earlier in growing from someone on another forum and to this day I am still so great full. My message is not that you need to spend tons of money to grow good pot, it's absolutely the opposite. My favorite are Cree cobs just based on appearance, cost, efficiency, and performance. I went with Amare technologies but there are dozens of companies like tasty led, go green led, Area 51 that offer smaller and smaller lights for much less money then any of the commercial led companies and they out perform most. I recommend this to people who want more or want to start out going balls deep.

I run apollos too and 300 watt generic lights and a 1200 watt COB. I ran into mt fist problem with my COB three fans on one side stopped working, I will diagnose the problem and fix them the light is still working but I have turned it off lucky I do not need it right now . In my closer tom 5X9 I run 25 to 30 plants at and given time BigSmo, Will do a grow off this fall. I need to see if it is just the fans burnt out or if I have to go further not sure treading into unknown waters but I got aa head on my shoulders and a big brain like brad LMAO I should have her up and running in no time wit a fan upgrade. It was so hot on the one side I burnt my PINKY ouch LOL

It is the power supply I plugged the fans into the opposite side and they worked like a charm so I will get two new ones form the company i bought them off LED power supply model:NL 12w-121AB input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz output !A constant voltage 12V MAX output 12 WATTS. I need this ASAP any help would be appreciated if anyone know where I can get one better quicker then the company I am open to any help here thank you
20160610_124124_HDR.jpg

Is there a local Radio Shack or other electronic store? I would think those "universal" wall charger power bricks would be available in 12v/12amp capacities.

This is picture of it installed left upper corner I do not know how i could use that part from radio shack. I do not know how i got away with out a total burn out on the one side of all three cobs i have no clue how long they were running without fans. The unit was being cooled by three fans on the oppisite side. It was to hot to touch i got a slight burn on my finger. Those heat sinks did there job. I will just get the same ones from the company i bought them off. It is not a wall plug
20160610_125653_HDR.jpg
20160610_122018_HDR.jpg

As I was saying earlier it's not about the money. Not everyone needs to spend thousands to get good quality lights and finally as simple as eBay it's here. @50+%efficient these kits will out par a lot of cheaper units available.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222124289131

Edit. No fans needed on these with the pin heat syncs. They will run 100% silent too

The article is a bit old, mostly about UV led patent licensing from Cree to epistar.

I wouldn't call that light groundbreaking, just looks like generic 60x5w epi panel. Is it white light only? Looks like they show a Cree cob warm white phosphor spectrum on the webpage then say it uses 5w epi leds lol. Classic shady MFG tactics. I'm thinking this gives more lumens/watt than that. :smoking:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-...te-A19-LED-Light-Bulb-8-Pack-461961/207063617

Genetic 5w panels may be re-branded by some mfg. Should be priced around $.50 per actual watt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mars-300W-L...132274?hash=item33873b24b2:g:jjIAAOSwbPxXPoGr

Or you can buy em painted black sometimes. :biggrin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Hort...949270?hash=item2802940e56:g:17wAAOSwLVZVkcE0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back