Status
Not open for further replies.
I pick up the popular grow is basically a mars hydro 300 watt 3 watt model no problem with ir and it has UV and it and cost me way less so I'm all for the eBay China lights all for it and the model they pitch like kind and black star can be found with out the logo but the guts so both model are the same and work like the big brand grow light i think imma give it a try kind brand I'm looking at

Last edited:
Most of these companies mentioned use epistar and brigelux LEDs which are bottom of the barrel. Efficiency of these diodes are very low which means there is little advantage over using hps. The claims of using less wattage for higher par is just a claim.

There are very few companies using Cree diodes but when you find them there is real savings. In the canna world if it sounds to good to be true it definitely is.

A 200 watt panel using epistar LEDs with a 600watt hps equivalent is like saying a 80hp 1985 Hyundai Accent can beat a 600hp Bentley. Now if you had a 120hp crotch rocket there is a chance. The difference is efficiency. How a super bike turns the crankcase to produce raw power is amazing. There is quality there and it's real like Cree.

I'm far from a car guy and I'm also not a mad scientist but I to fell for claims and ended up with 3000$ worth of kind led door stops.

I have several grows with using epistar leds lights. I bought 1400 true watts of the so called cheap not efficient at all lights and have grown monsters I have been blogged on sensi seeds in joe's blog. I constantly grow plants bigger than they seed co. says they can go. I have ran them 24/0 never turning them off I have not lost one led every light works just as good as the day i bought them. I know they run at half the power but I have produced huge dense plants. They are two years old too. I can and have grown 100 plus gram plants using a 75.00 300 watt galaxy hydro actual draw is 140 watts give or take a few watts. I use a 5X9 tent too

Last edited:
Not saying they won't grow but the facts are cheaper diodes, cheaper drivers and undersized heat sinks equals less efficiency/par watts. Slamming any light at 1400 wall watts with a 25% efficiency is like adding 25% to your electric bill and subtracting 25% of the usable light the plant receives. Where spending a few additional dollars you could ha e upgraded to Cree and avoided all of this and had a longer like fixture.

I have a closet filled with blurple LEDs and my recent epistar encounter cost me 3000$. The company wouldnt even fix then since they were damaged in shipping and wanted me to pay to get them sent back. All I wanted was my 2 week old purchase to work like it should. It makes me sick to my stomach to see people fall for the claims

People buy these and grow stellar plants all the time. Does it make is a good purchase? Not in the least. My info here is only to help enlighten people of the truth about lights. Not claims but the hard facts. It's not about previous grows, buddies grows, YouTube grows it's about plants need light and the light companies lead people to believe that LEDs are some miracle like the picture below. Having a light that can produce more and use less boils down to efficiency and efficiency only.
image.jpg

Forgot to add the one of the best ways to increase efficiency is truly with LEDs. I love them and will continue to use them for the rest of my growing career. But not inefficient ones:thumbsup:

Jolly good for you have a great day
Not saying they won't grow but the facts are cheaper diodes, cheaper drivers and undersized heat sinks equals less efficiency/par watts. Slamming any light at 1400 wall watts with a 25% efficiency is like adding 25% to your electric bill and subtracting 25% of the usable light the plant receives. Where spending a few additional dollars you could ha e upgraded to Cree and avoided all of this and had a longer like fixture.

I have a closet filled with blurple LEDs and my recent epistar encounter cost me 3000$. The company wouldn't even fix then since they were damaged in shipping and wanted me to pay to get them sent back. All I wanted was my 2 week old purchase to work like it should. It makes me sick to my stomach to see people fall for the claims
Tough luck that is a fact I feel for you but I am still growing huge amounts of pot for very little cost I have not lost one led little alone a light. In order for them to sell you there product they have to make it sound like it will outperform anything out there, Check this video from 2012 he is using first gen ufos and as far as I am concerned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIjJ5nZUZw This guy sure nows how to rock BLURPLE as you put it lol funny stuff. I also incorporate apollo 6 lights three of them bought from a supplier in the USA and a 1200 watt cob actual draw 660 watts and four 300 watt cheap led style ufo type light from ledlightschina ebay store but all are powered by epistar and bridgelux and inexpensive drivers. Have a great day. I hope the best for you in your future grows

Last edited:
You will grow huge pot and a 1985 Hyundai Accent will get you back and forth to work just fine. I'm not trying to argue I'm just trying to help people understand the truth about these so called super LEDs that draw little watts, create no heat and equal 1000w hps all for 99.99 free shipping on eBay. You switched to led to save power and to lower heat but you were lied to because they don't. Now that I know you don't get free electricity you should really look into it a little more and trust me you won't defend any company once you understand the basics.

Show me some comparison grows using cree CXB leds meanwell drivers up against cheap drivers and cheap leds and expensive passive cooling systems against fans and heat sinks. I would love to see a comparison grow or grows but I have not yet if you could direct me to some I would appreciate it. I really mean that I am not being smart. That video is pretty good he is using I think 180 watt probably 90 watt draw from the outlet and produces huge amounts of copious quality BUDS

If I videoed my last 2 grows you would be a believer as well. Under the kind I did terrible. I'm day 40 from seed and plant size is already double. More efficient lights have higher Umoles, ppf, ppfd, and par. On another site a grower has a side by side journal and the yield was double with a lower wattage higher efficient Amare tech light. Another guy admitted after kissing kinds ass that they were trash after a month with an Apache tech. Par watts on more efficient light are higher is the wattage is the same. Par is what makes plants grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back