Status
Not open for further replies.
thougtht I posted pics, but guess i didn't..lol! so here are a couple:

vipar3.jpg
vipar5.jpg
CAM02005.jpg

The grow space is 4'x4'7'. I've come to the conclusion that these square lights of this size will NOT properly light a 4'x4' space, so I have an old style Mars 300 watt lighting to the left of the apollo 900.

Hey Pop22 what sized tent are you using that in? I just saw this company on ebay and found their site. I have 2 300w old style leds and want more for my 4x4 tent

The grow space is 4'x4'7'. I've come to the conclusion that these square lights of this size will NOT properly light a 4'x4' space, so I have an old style Mars 300 watt lighting to the left of the apollo 900.
Cool so i can grab one of those pretty cheap and slap my 300 watters on both sides and be pretty good in your opinion pop22?

Great way to start I think. This is the first time I used it as a supplement but it has definitely helped. I had a couple plants at the edge of the Apollo's light field and they've budded well!

But It seems the real way to go with LED if you have the money, is DIY LED's using Cree COBs! I will be playing with some cheap ebay COBs then I'll build my next light.

Cool so i can grab one of those pretty cheap and slap my 300 watters on both sides and be pretty good in your opinion pop22?

Great way to start I think. This is the first time I used it as a supplement but it has definitely helped. I had a couple plants at the edge of the Apollo's light field and they've budded well!

But It seems the real way to go with LED if you have the money, is DIY LED's using Cree COBs! I will be playing with some cheap ebay COBs then I'll build my next light.
Hey Pop22 i sent you a message cause i didn't want to hijack the thread lol

Does anyone have experience with the Hydrostar brand?? They have a 600w Mars II equivalent selling on ebay for $132 but the price seems too good to be true, thoughts??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HydroSTAR-6...r-5W-LEDs-Chip-Plant-Panel-Lamp-/281665960941
I have 2 600 watt Wellspar leds... Different name but same product as the hydrostar. I am growin in a 4x4x6.7 grow tent with 5... 5 gallon buckets and 2... 2 gallon smart pots! This is my first led grow... So far these leds are killing it. Very minimal heat kick off... And all my plants are huge and bushy! I have one supernatural og at 49 inches with a 15 inch cola... And she has 19 secondaries very close to the same size as the main cola! My supernatural og #2 is topped and is still 32 inches tall and 29 inches wide! Her 2 colas are huge and almost 14 inches long... But all her lower bud growth is ridiculous! My Tyrone Special is 36 inches with a little stretch with her cola... My Toof Decay is 34 inches tall... And my Ripleys Og is now 35 tall and super super bushy. My blackcream is 31 inches tall with tough rock hard clusters of purple buds with almost perfect nodal spacing on the cola. My blackjack is 12 inches but has a big fat hard dense cola..... Needless to say that I am thoroughly happy with my purchase of my 2 Wellspar 600 watt led grow lights... I think any deficiencies that are I am experiencing with this grow is attributed to not growing in 3 years and using all new equipment and nutrients. Once I have everything dialed in I think these lights will be killer. I have 2 grow logs in Mephisto Genetics forums and one in sweet seeds. Feel free to stop by and check em out! 420 Luv and Happy Growing

Last edited:
I have 2 600 watt Wellspar leds... Different name but same product as the hydrostar. I am growin in a 4x4x6.7 grow tent with 5... 5 gallon buckets and 2... 2 gallon smart pots! This is my first led grow... So far these leds are killing it. Very minimal heat kick off... And all my plants are huge and bushy! I have one supernatural og at 49 inches with a 15 inch cola... And she has 19 secondaries very close to the same size as the main cola! My supernatural og #2 is topped and is still 32 inches tall and 29 inches wide! Her 2 colas are huge and almost 14 inches long... But all her lower bud growth is ridiculous! My Tyrone Special is 36 inches with a little stretch with her cola... My Toof Decay is 34 inches tall... And my Ripleys Og is now 35 tall and super super bushy. My blackcream is 31 inches tall with tough rock hard clusters of purple buds with almost perfect nodal spacing on the cola. My blackjack is 12 inches but has a big fat hard dense cola..... Needless to say that I am thoroughly happy with my purchase of my 2 Wellspar 600 watt led grow lights... I think any deficiencies that are I am experiencing with this grow is attributed to not growing in 3 years and using all new equipment and nutrients. Once I have everything dialed in I think these lights will be killer. I have 2 grow logs in Mephisto Genetics forums and one in sweet seeds. Feel free to stop by and check em out! 420 Luv and Happy Growing

Hey Big Jay, really happy to hear the Hydrostar's worked out so well for you! I love my hydro star too, I've grown both purple kush and anesthesia and both plants had extremely hard nugs that were coated with resin, the Anesthesia especially. I currently have a Girl Scout Cookie growing in a 3 gal smartpot with FFOF soil and Nectar for the Gods nutrients and praying the nugs turn out just as well if not better than the PK and Anesthesia. I was initially skeptical of Hydrostar after reading horror stories of poor quality LEDs on Ebay but Hydrostar's 5w panels are legit!!

Heck yeah @SourDeezDC... I can definitely relate! I just yielded 164 dry grams off of one Supernatural Og that was grown with these lights in a 4x4x6.7 Apollo grow tent. All my buds are rock hard... Specially the blackjack and Blackcream and Tyrone Special... The Ripleys Og is has beautiful buds but they are not super hard yet... And the Toof Decay has beautiful purply buds but they are not to hard either. Getting there... But they are chunky though. Definitely no issues with my leds!! And I am running mines 24/7..... Im sorry but I just don't see the benefits of spending 600 to 800 to 1000 bucks!! To each is own.

Heck yeah @SourDeezDC... I can definitely relate! I just yielded 164 dry grams off of one Supernatural Og that was grown with these lights in a 4x4x6.7 Apollo grow tent. All my buds are rock hard... Specially the blackjack and Blackcream and Tyrone Special... The Ripleys Og is has beautiful buds but they are not super hard yet... And the Toof Decay has beautiful purply buds but they are not to hard either. Getting there... But they are chunky though. Definitely no issues with my leds!! And I am running mines 24/7..... Im sorry but I just don't see the benefits of spending 600 to 800 to 1000 bucks!! To each is own.

I'm 4wks into a Girl Scout Cookies grow with them, I can't wait to see how the buds turn out. GSC is known to be a frosty strain already. She's responded extremely well to LST and with the increased number of "main" budsites, I think I'll beat my usual 1oz per gal stat and get over 3oz in the 3gal smartpot! :smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back