Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright all prices shipped
6x outlet plug= 11.49 Ebay
6x y outlet splitter 14.00 local hardware store
2x outlet strip 11.00 ebay
2 turkey pan reflectors 2.00 local dollar store
12x 23w cfl 33.00 shipped ebay

71.50 for two 600w equivalent lights what would be an equivalent or better light for near to the same money in other words how much LED light would you need to get the same or better results for close to the same money or if its more, how much more?

Alright all prices shipped
6x outlet plug= 11.49 Ebay
6x y outlet splitter 14.00 local hardware store
2x outlet strip 11.00 ebay
2 turkey pan reflectors 2.00 local dollar store
12x 23w cfl 33.00 shipped ebay

71.50 for two 600w equivalent lights what would be an equivalent or better light for near to the same money in other words how much LED light would you need to get the same or better results for close to the same money or if its more, how much more?

1 Mars Hydro 300 watt LED is about $80 U.S. and woild put the CFLs to shame. CFLs are good for very small areas like space buckets and micro grows but in a space 2'x2' or bigger LED rules I even got rid of my CFL side lighting, as you can get 15 watt LED spot lights off ebay for $5-7 each for Red/Blue lights

My first grow took like 4 months from seedling to harvest,, it's a great harvest and superb quality, 150grams buy tried and trimmed.:baked::jump:I like my light! Now my second grow has begun.:vibe: But it seems that the supplier has increased the price:smoker1:...

Attachments

• IMG-20150521-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20150521-WA0003.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20150521-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20150521-WA0004.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20150521-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20150521-WA0005.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 91
i have a 1200 watt COB led 660 watt draw from ledlightschina a ebay store I won it on bid for under 400.00 us It has been running 24 hours a day for months close to a year check out my grows I also use apollo 6 by cidly with out any problems I got them for 200 US a piece . I would not pay 1000.00 for 550 watts that lumigrow offers

I don't have their 550w model, they said it use Osram, Osram rocks, but my 400w 450R1 works really good already, the VEG is pretty good:frog:

Attachments

• veg-3.jpg
    veg-3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 82
You
I don't have their 550w model, they said it use Osram, Osram rocks, but my 400w 450R1 works really good already, the VEG is pretty good:frog:
You get what you pay for that is sure they will probably last twice as long as mine so in the long run it is a fair price but time will tell

Great idea for a thread :cool1: I myself have been thinking about getting into LEDs and was wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience with a line called Galaxyhydro? The one I'm looking at in particular has had some great reviews on amazon and on an LED review site (links below), but who's to say those reviews weren't made by the seller with different accounts:shrug: So just to be on the safe side I figured I'd make use of this great thread and ask directly from the consumers/growers what they thought. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As always keep up the good work. :toke:HB

Links:

http://ledgrowlightguide.com/galaxyhydro-300w-dimmable-led-grow-light-review

Amazon product

Hi guy, I'm afraid the true power out of the wall of that light(Galaxyhydro) is no more than 150w. Now many LED brands are running with lower diode wattages and lesser driving currents, this one I guess probably 450mA~500mA.
And there's no protection for the fans, only 2 wires, see? And the outlet design for daisy chain is no safe, CTlite has this design before, but it seems that they ve upgraded it. If first power cord has problem, all the lights will burn.
Galaxyhydro-300w-Dimmable-LED-Grow-Light-2.jpg

And the dimmable feature, it seems that they use the old technology, neither PWM or nor DMX, the light is dimmed vby changing the voltage, if the intensity is under 10%, it'll blink, not sure if it's truth, just FYI, pls let me know if you bought it:cheers:

Hi guy, I'm afraid the true power out of the wall of that light(Galaxyhydro) is no more than 150w. Now many LED brands are running with lower diode wattages and lesser driving currents, this one I guess probably 450mA~500mA.
And there's no protection for the fans, only 2 wires, see? And the outlet design for daisy chain is no safe, CTlite has this design before, but it seems that they ve upgraded it. If first power cord has problem, all the lights will burn.
Galaxyhydro-300w-Dimmable-LED-Grow-Light-2.jpg

And the dimmable feature, it seems that they use the old technology, neither PWM or nor DMX, the light is dimmed vby changing the voltage, if the intensity is under 10%, it'll blink, not sure if it's truth, just FYI, pls let me know if you bought it:cheers:
Too late. I bought it, but it seems to be working fine. I don't have any wattage or light spectrum measuring tools so I can't confirm or deny your suspicions. I can confirm that the power cuts out when the dimmable knob gets turned down to 10% or less, but I would never have it that low anyway, (currently running it at about 85-90% and my plants seem very content with that with no signs of bleaching) As for the true wattage I'd be lying if I said I fully expected the 300w as advertised, because as we all know that's always just "best case scenario advertising" But I am disappointed to find out about the 150w (was hoping for at least 200w) But like I said before it's doing it's job, my plants are maturing nicely and the light coverage is a lot better than my old light (150w fuloon ufo) so it's definetly an improvement. Either way I have a 2 year warranty and I'm running the lights at 20 hrs on/4 hrs off, so should anything go wrong it will probably happen within the next 2 years (hopefully lol) But hey, thanks for the info anyway :cheers: at least now I know what to expect in the way of possible issues. Should anything happen I'll be sure to post an update on this board so that others can avoid my mistakes.:toke: HB

Nice topic indeed, but make me understand guys. I didn't read it all, but at this point, regardless where you live usa/eu would it be good idea to buy anything else except Mars? Is china, is used by a ton of ppl...
I have a spider 90w from twilight with the heat of an HPS lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back