Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply pop22.:toke: There are 2 main reasons I was looking at that model.
The first being that I have some major grow space limitations. Not that I'm complaining, my homemade 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 3 ft. cupboard is just about enough for my medical needs (chronic back pain). However my plants do tend to get a little close to the grow light towards harvest. And while I've started getting good results with my beginners/basic small grow (canna coco plus growing medium, Canna nutes range, no LST or topping yet but will do next grow) with a 150w fuloon ufo LED growlight (also from china). A new light with a little more power/coverage and some plant training really seems like it would be the best way to make the most of my grow (plus it would free up my old lamp for a possible second grow cupboard for plants with compact genetics or just a nursery/cloning box. And a dimmable control option seems ideal for a limited space like mine. Should the plants have an unexpected growth spurt it would give me peace of mind to know that I can lower the intensity of the light and avoid bleaching of the main colas and leaves.

The second reason I was circling around this model was options. I simply don't have many. Budget is a factor but the fact that I'm Europe based means I just don't have access to the same online options I would if I were based in America or Canada when it comes to reliable LED grow lights (or growing equipment in general):nono: . Seriously if you're based in the US you have no idea how much better you have it as far as your amazon.com options are concerned (and don't get me started on the prices)
So yeah, even though it is on the pricey side I think I'm going to give this a go. I'll follow up on this thread after I've tried it out on a grow in case anyone else is interested in this model. I won't be ordering for a few months so should anyone come across this post having had firsthand use of this model please feel free to chime in with your experience/opinion especially if it's a bad one, might just save me 140 euros! :lol:

Thanks again for your honest opinion pop22 :cool1: and know that if it all goes tits up with the light I won't be angry or hurt if you say "I told you so" :thumbsup:
As always happy growing to all and good luck.
HB:toke:
P.S. Sorry about the long ass post:shrug:

The second reason I was circling around this model was options. I simply don't have many. Budget is a factor but the fact that I'm Europe based means I just don't have access to the same online options I would if I were based in America or Canada when it comes to reliable LED grow lights (or growing equipment in general):nono: . Seriously if you're based in the US you have no idea how much better you have it as far as your amazon.com options are concerned (and don't get me started on the prices)
So yeah, even though it is on the pricey side I think I'm going to give this a go. I'll follow up on this thread after I've tried it out on a grow in case anyone else is interested in this model. I won't be ordering for a few months so should anyone come across this post having had firsthand use of this model please feel free to chime in with your experience/opinion especially if it's a bad one, might just save me 140 euros! :lol:

Thanks again for your honest opinion pop22 :cool1: and know that if it all goes tits up with the light I won't be angry or hurt if you say "I told you so" :thumbsup:
P.S. Sorry about the long ass post:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Can u get on any of the China direct sites Like Banggoods.com or Cheapchinashit.com I know there are several maybe pops can help you out Banggoods is the only one I can think of but i know there are a few I also use Fasttech for emitters when I was building flashlights

Kind of partial to Amazon because they're really good when it comes to returns or getting you a refund if the seller tries to screw you with a broken product. Trying to cut down as much as possible on the risk factor that comes with ordering from china. But I'll check out those sites, you never know, might find a gem there:thanks:

I'm not going to say I told you so...lol. It may well be a very good light. However, I do know that Mars Hydro ships to and I beleiev has a warehouse in the UK so you may want to look at their website. Alsao, contact one of their reps, they are quite helpful.

If you buy this light, we look forward to your grow thread!

:pass:

Thanks for the reply pop22.:toke: There are 2 main reasons I was looking at that model.
The first being that I have some major grow space limitations. Not that I'm complaining, my homemade 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 3 ft. cupboard is just about enough for my medical needs (chronic back pain). However my plants do tend to get a little close to the grow light towards harvest. And while I've started getting good results with my beginners/basic small grow (canna coco plus growing medium, Canna nutes range, no LST or topping yet but will do next grow) with a 150w fuloon ufo LED growlight (also from china). A new light with a little more power/coverage and some plant training really seems like it would be the best way to make the most of my grow (plus it would free up my old lamp for a possible second grow cupboard for plants with compact genetics or just a nursery/cloning box. And a dimmable control option seems ideal for a limited space like mine. Should the plants have an unexpected growth spurt it would give me peace of mind to know that I can lower the intensity of the light and avoid bleaching of the main colas and leaves.

P.S. Sorry about the long ass post:shrug:

So I checked out Mars Hydro.:cool1: Really impressed with their stuff and should I decide to go bigger with my grow I will definitely check them out again. Unfortunately they don't have a dimmable model and they're only about 10-20$ cheaper than my local distributors (shipping to Europe is 25$!) so it looks more and more like I may just get the galaxyhydro model. But still happy to have gotten the info and from what I've seen, Mars hydro do look like they know what they're doing, so should anyone else be looking for reasonably priced LEDs that seem very reliable and come with great customer service/info I would say they're definitely worth a look. Thanks again to pop22 for the tip.:cheers: And it will be my pleasure to follow up with a grow journal using said LED light, I'll also be topping and LSTing for the first time on my next grow soon so I may just post a journal on that for other beginners out there who want to learn, even if it's just from my mistakes :doh: Will follow up soon with my final decision on the light choice. Thanks again for the site tips and may we all have bountiful gardens this summer now that the final night freeze date is a mere few days - weeks away from passing (depending on where you are obviously) :goodluck:
HB :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back