Status
Not open for further replies.
also come with 3 IR invisible. 135 for each. let see wassup in a few weeks.

nwtrading - i keep deleting your link posts.

You're coming accross like a link spammer (no offence if not) - 5 post in 10 minutes not saying much and 2 dodgy looking links to (unbranded?) LEDs.

Please cool it or I'll need to temp ban you while someone looks into it.

:thank:

im just sharing with you guys cuz i thought ive found a good shop. so everyone can enjoy. thats my point

Whats big ,blue & smashes nails ? :rc:

im just sharing with you guys cuz i thought ive found a good shop. so everyone can enjoy. thats my point

Okay - But becuase you're a new member with no intro, no grow, 10 posts, 3 link posts and 2 posts with only 3 words in ..... you can see how it looks.

The posts will re-appear once a tech savvy mod has checked em out if they're legit. :) okay! :)

:Gary: Das großen blauen Hammer!! :pimphand::pimp: --hhyaaaahhh,... :crying: 'Cocha-- too funny!

I'm just trying to give as much info as I can so anyone out there can make the right decision. I understand that it must be really annoying to pay 500 bucks for a light and have someone come here and claim they have the same light for 150. That is exactly why I posted the pics. I am NOT claiming I have the holy grail of lights, quite on the contrary. But what I AM saying is that there is NO such thing as an "original" Blackstar.

I sincerely think that is more misleading than what I posted.

For example, take Apple.... they sell computers with components from a dozen different manufacturers. They actually have some stuff custom built, but others, like RAM or HD, are special deals with OEM companies... they get only grade A++ quality control out of the factory line. But the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) keeps on producing, for example RAM, and label it with 2 or 3 different "brand names", and sell it at different prices, according to quality. Its the exact same scenario here.

Sorry, I dont want to be a d*ck about this, but there is no such thing as an "original" Blackstar. What you have is a huge country called China, which in fact has no "LED grow factories". It does have huge quantities of assembly lines. You have a massive country that produces all sorts of LEDs, power supplies, enclosures, cables that get shipped in huge quantities to the assembly lines (a.k.a factories). These behave like typical OEM manufacturers. They seeks out wholesalers, draft a deal, a produce for them. In this case, the Guangdong province has a special economical status (hence the open business to the outside world, ebay etc...) and Shenzhen city is the major port that services the province, where all things LED come from.

So what you have then is wholesalers that strike a deal for (X) number of units per year, and ask/require custom builds. Be it specific spectrum ratio's, better/worse lasting PU, better/worse LED optics and angles, custom design on the faceplate, better/worse screws etc etc etc.

You get what you pay for!

There is no question about that at all. I have no doubt my lights will last 3 years and that other's will last 10 years. But there is no patent for the design or build or specifications of a Blackstar unit. There is a misconception about this and people will get ripped off by the likes of Cammie McKenzie a.k.a LEDGirl and her company Hydrogrowled (who even called the police on a complaining customer).

Every single "Blackstar" comes from an assembly line in China. There is no "Blackstar" factory, there are dozens and dozens of them, hundreds!!
People who sell "Blackstar LED" in Europe/USA (just to name a few) just bulk-buy-to-specification from China and re-sell with a margin. Perfectly legit business, and you get
a guarantee that someone is taking the time to sell you a quality unit.

http://www.blackstarled.com/ (notice the star on the faceplate)
http://www.lighthousehydro.com/ (exact same star as above)
http://www.gothamhydroponics.com/
http://www.growledhydro.com/ (They call it "spectra")
http://sonlight.biz/led.html
https://growershouse.com/
http://www.oregongardener.com/ (same star faceplace... coincidence?)

etc etc etc... all of the above sell branded "Blackstars" ... which of them is the "true" Blackstar?

Its as easy as having 5000 bucks to start a website and buy a few units a puke out some fancy pancy color spectrum graphs.
Just head to www.alibaba.com, the major website where wholesalers can seek out so-called chinese "OEM" to strike deals... and type in "Blackstar", and keep on scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to have a sense of what is really happening.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I'm just trying to share the info I have collected from my own experience to aid anyone out there in making a right decision.

Buy from a quality provider and you will have a good quality product. Which is exactly why I would buy an Apple computer nowadays, but when I was 16 I had the time and patience to custom build my own PC's to my own specs at 1/3 of the price. Nowadays I just head down to the shop and buy a premium product at a premium price, and my mind is clear of troubles.

Please take no offense at this. I sincerely hope most people DON'T do what I did, it was a calculated risk, and I am paying the price to fix my "cutting-corners". And if someone actually has, that not everything is lost.

The most important this is that, in the end, weed be grown. :smokeit:

I'm just trying to give as much info as I can so anyone out there can make the right decision. I understand that it must be really annoying to pay 500 bucks for a light and have someone come here and claim they have the same light for 150. That is exactly why I posted the pics. I am NOT claiming I have the holy grail of lights, quite on the contrary. But what I AM saying is that there is NO such thing as an "original" Blackstar.

I sincerely think that is more misleading than what I posted.

For example, take Apple.... they sell computers with components from a dozen different manufacturers. They actually have some stuff custom built, but others, like RAM or HD, are special deals with OEM companies... they get only grade A++ quality control out of the factory line. But the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) keeps on producing, for example RAM, and label it with 2 or 3 different "brand names", and sell it at different prices, according to quality. Its the exact same scenario here.

Sorry, I dont want to be a d*ck about this, but there is no such thing as an "original" Blackstar. What you have is a huge country called China, which in fact has no "LED grow factories". It does have huge quantities of assembly lines. You have a massive country that produces all sorts of LEDs, power supplies, enclosures, cables that get shipped in huge quantities to the assembly lines (a.k.a factories). These behave like typical OEM manufacturers. They seeks out wholesalers, draft a deal, a produce for them. In this case, the Guangdong province has a special economical status (hence the open business to the outside world, ebay etc...) and Shenzhen city is the major port that services the province, where all things LED come from.

So what you have then is wholesalers that strike a deal for (X) number of units per year, and ask/require custom builds. Be it specific spectrum ratio's, better/worse lasting PU, better/worse LED optics and angles, custom design on the faceplate, better/worse screws etc etc etc.

You get what you pay for!

There is no question about that at all. I have no doubt my lights will last 3 years and that other's will last 10 years. But there is no patent for the design or build or specifications of a Blackstar unit. There is a misconception about this and people will get ripped off by the likes of Cammie McKenzie a.k.a LEDGirl and her company Hydrogrowled (who even called the police on a complaining customer).

Every single "Blackstar" comes from an assembly line in China. There is no "Blackstar" factory, there are dozens and dozens of them, hundreds!!
People who sell "Blackstar LED" in Europe/USA (just to name a few) just bulk-buy-to-specification from China and re-sell with a margin. Perfectly legit business, and you get
a guarantee that someone is taking the time to sell you a quality unit.

http://www.blackstarled.com/ (notice the star on the faceplate)
http://www.lighthousehydro.com/ (exact same star as above)
http://www.gothamhydroponics.com/
http://www.growledhydro.com/ (They call it "spectra")
http://sonlight.biz/led.html
https://growershouse.com/
http://www.oregongardener.com/ (same star faceplace... coincidence?)

etc etc etc... all of the above sell branded "Blackstars" ... which of them is the "true" Blackstar?

Its as easy as having 5000 bucks to start a website and buy a few units a puke out some fancy pancy color spectrum graphs.
Just head to www.alibaba.com, the major website where wholesalers can seek out so-called chinese "OEM" to strike deals... and type in "Blackstar", and keep on scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to have a sense of what is really happening.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I'm just trying to share the info I have collected from my own experience to aid anyone out there in making a right decision.

Buy from a quality provider and you will have a good quality product. Which is exactly why I would buy an Apple computer nowadays, but when I was 16 I had the time and patience to custom build my own PC's to my own specs at 1/3 of the price. Nowadays I just head down to the shop and buy a premium product at a premium price, and my mind is clear of troubles.

Please take no offense at this. I sincerely hope most people DON'T do what I did, it was a calculated risk, and I am paying the price to fix my "cutting-corners". And if someone actually has, that not everything is lost.

The most important this is that, in the end, weed be grown. :smokeit:

I lived in China for 18 months spent time in Shenzhen, Guangdong, Guangzhou etc. I can attest this is exactly how business is done even when making a product for a patented name they still sell out the back door the same products. The biggest difference in electronics is always going to be the soldering or as you put it quality control. I remember seeing these lights not long ago on a chinese direct site for 20$ then I went back because saw the price other people were charging and they were 72$ third trip back they were 140$. Its just like buying a house, you can get one from a real estate agent or you can hire a contractor who will employ sub-contractors or you can manage your own sub-contractors or build it yourself the headaches go up accordingly. God help you if you have a woman waiting to get into the house and you decided to build it yourself, likewise God help you if your Lady is waiting for sweet Budz and you convinced her to save a couple hundred bucks by letting you build lights or buy cheap ones.
Hell hath no fury like a woman with an empty stash jar...

Last edited:
Exactly. On Ali express and Alibaba you can find lights that has a striking similarity to MarsHydro, from the color, buttons, sizes, specs and what not from many different suppliers and at different prices. Same goes for Apollo, UFO and others.

They only thing that differs between suppliers is how prevalent pidgin English is in the descriptions and how many differences in warranty, actual power consumption, lumens/W and such they manage to make in the very same description.........

here's an example http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/300pcs-3W-Size-1174-283-85mm_1768672125.html there's plenty many more.....my personal favorite from below is 3. To protect the light, Pls cut off the power when there is a lightning strike.

Get Quotations
Products
LED Lighting > LED Professional Lighting > LED Grow Lights " style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline-block;">Home > Products > Lights & Lighting > LED Lighting > LED Professional Lighting > LED Grow Lights (197763)

300pcs_3W_Size_1174_283_85mm_apollo.jpg_350x350.jpg

See larger image
300pcs*3W Size:1174*283*85mm apollo 20 led 900w plant grow light (CE,RoHS,FCC,PSE)
FOB Price: US $ 100 - 200 / Piece | Contact Supplier

Leave Messages
Report Suspicious Activity

Quick Details
Light Source:
LED
Item Type:
Grow Lights
Input Voltage(V):
AC100~240V
Lamp Power(W):
Lamp Luminous Flux(lm):
12000lm
Working Temperature(℃):
-20 - 40
Working Lifetime(Hour):
Lamp Body Material:
Aluminum
Certification:
CE, FCC, PSE, RoHS
Place of Origin:
Anhui, China (Mainland)
Brand Name:
TARY
Model Number:
APOLLO 20
Size:
1174*283*85mm
PAR:
700umol/1m 420/1.5m
Actual Power:
670W~725W
Output Current:
700mA
LED Quantity:
300pcs
LED Type:
3W
Color:
Red(630nm)/Blue(460nm)
Lumens:
12000lm
LUX:
20000lux/1m 12500/1.5m
Outer Carton Size:
1345*380*175mm/pcs
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging Details: Normal packing , or packing as client's request
Delivery Detail: WITHIN 5 DAYS
Specifications

670W~725W LED grow lamp
3W Single Chip LEDs
Help hemp and plants grow
Unique technique of Standard module design

Characteristics:

1. Use 3W high quality LED lighting source, the lifespan is over 50000 hours.

2. Replace 3~5 times of the HPSL power, 80% electric energy saving than the tradition HPSL and MHL.

3. High lighting effect, 90% of the light will be absorbed by the aquatic plant, but to the traditional HPSL and MHL, the lighting effect is just 8%~10%.

4. The input voltage is AC100V~240V,suitable for the world standard. Built-in power supply. No need other equipment, just access AC100~240V voltage from the plug, the lamp will be working smoothly, don't need the reflector and ballast either.

5.Revolutionary heat dissipation design, availably alleviate the internal thermal cycle, 10-15°C lower than its precursor in performance.

6.Intelligent monitor system, ensure the whole equipment in a good working state.

7.Using advanced isolated power driver, UL standard output voltage which is lower than 45V DC.Soft starting protection to avoid the transient currents impact, effectively protecting the LEDs from high voltage damage.

8.Aluminiumface shield design, housing available for various colors.

9. New product is lighter and more convenient for shipping,modular assembling very convenient for maintaining.

10.Modular assembling, no glue and glass design, very easy for repairment and maintenance.

11.New technology in fans will be more long-lasting,decreasing 50% noise.

12.Built with optical lenses, the penetration is more outstanding.,can be as much as 10-15 times powerful,available four options of lenses(90 degree,120 degree).

13. The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments, the same as the parameter .

14. Environment-friendly, no mercury and other harmful heavy metal.

15. Appearance features are also can be customer design,available shell colors:red,black,white.Face shield colors:red,black,silver,blue.Vents colors:red,black,ivory white,grey.

16. Customers can choose the different ratios, Our suggestion is red: blue=8:1 or 7:2, red: blue: orange=7:1:1. The suggested wavelength of the red is 620-630nm, the blue is 460-470nm and the orange is 610-615nm. With the mixture of red ,blue, orange, yellow, UV, IR and white lights, provide the plants needed nutrient light. The red LEDs are good for sprouting and flowering, while the blue LEDs promote the growth, at the same time, customers also can choose the more suitable wavelength and LED colors.

Application:

Ideal for all phases of plant growth, and works well with water solution culture and soil culture. Can be used in house garden, pot culture, garden, sowing, breeding, farm, flower exhibition, bonsai, garden, green house, sowing,breeding, farm, greenhouse cultivation, water soluble breeding, greenhouse cultivation, pipeline cultivation and so on.

Attention:

1. Do not use the lights in dripping water or anywhere where they will get wet, water and electricity can be a dangerous mixture.

2. The working environment for the light is -20~40°C,45%RH~90%RH.

3. To protect the light, Pls cut off the power when there is a lightning strike.

4. Don’t touch or move when the light working.

1200224162_282.jpg
1200224165_742.jpg
1200224167_259.jpg
1200224169_677.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back