Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late. I bought it, but it seems to be working fine. I don't have any wattage or light spectrum measuring tools so I can't confirm or deny your suspicions. I can confirm that the power cuts out when the dimmable knob gets turned down to 10% or less, but I would never have it that low anyway, (currently running it at about 85-90% and my plants seem very content with that with no signs of bleaching) As for the true wattage I'd be lying if I said I fully expected the 300w as advertised, because as we all know that's always just "best case scenario advertising" But I am disappointed to find out about the 150w (was hoping for at least 200w) But like I said before it's doing it's job, my plants are maturing nicely and the light coverage is a lot better than my old light (150w fuloon ufo) so it's definetly an improvement. Either way I have a 2 year warranty and I'm running the lights at 20 hrs on/4 hrs off, so should anything go wrong it will probably happen within the next 2 years (hopefully lol) But hey, thanks for the info anyway :cheers: at least now I know what to expect in the way of possible issues. Should anything happen I'll be sure to post an update on this board so that others can avoid my mistakes.:toke: HB

I have a 300w Galaxyhydro, it's the non-dimming version but i can confirm it's true wattage is about 135w. My thought is that hopefully this will lead to a longer life for the light but that may just be wishful thinking. The ladies however seem to enjoy it. Either way at $0.89 US per watt I think its not a bad buy.
LED n SD.jpg

Humming Bird that is on the high end of the wattage 150 for a 300 watt generic grow panel. Marshydro and as said above galaxyhydro is around 135. But they work great I have one 300 watt panel and it shows more frost on the plant under then my apollo 6 and my 1200 watt cob which only has a draw of 660 watts. They have to run them at 1/2 or just above in wattage to maximize the life of the led. In other words you are doing great with 150 watt draw. Here is a pic of my leds any questions fire awayIMG_1653 (1).JPG

i havetwo of the original 300 watt "old style" marshydro lights. they were much better than the current ones. mine test at 175 and 180 watts!
Humming Bird that is on the high end of the wattage 150 for a 300 watt generic grow panel. Marshydro and as said above galaxyhydro is around 135. But they work great I have one 300 watt panel and it shows more frost on the plant under then my apollo 6 and my 1200 watt cob which only has a draw of 660 watts. They have to run them at 1/2 or just above in wattage to maximize the life of the led. In other words you are doing great with 150 watt draw. Here is a pic of my leds any questions fire awayView attachment 486905

Does anyone have experience with the Hydrostar brand?? They have a 600w Mars II equivalent selling on ebay for $132 but the price seems too good to be true, thoughts??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HydroSTAR-6...r-5W-LEDs-Chip-Plant-Panel-Lamp-/281665960941

VIPAR is using these now. looks very basic compared to a Mars II. i'm getting the 900 watt version of this light from vipar. its half the price of Mars reflector series. i suspect its 1/2 the quality also though and no selectable spectrum. i'm doing a write up on it when it arrives.

I can't seem to post to a thread or write a reply without using someone else post to quote then edit... odd...

just wanted the LED community's thoughts on this new cheapo ebay find i'll be adding to my collection on led lights

they called it a SunSpect 600
http://www.topledseller.com/goods.php?id=60

LED Layout:
● 650~660nm,
● 620~630nm,
● 460~470nm,
● 450~460nm,
● 3500-4500K,
● 7500-9000K,

Key Features:

• ● No optical Lenses but Reflectors Design maximizeing light output,increasing yields
  • ● High Power Efficiency 5Watt LEDs, Low Energy Consumption

• ● Active Cooling System: Heat sink and Cooling fans
    ● Revolutionary Heat sink, Run 70% cooler than high intensity discharge (HID) lights
    ● All LEDs with a Zener to ensure One LED Goes Out the Rest Continue to Operate
    ● Plug and Use, Power Plug Type: US Plug
    ● USA/CHINA one year warranty

Parameter:

Brand Name:

TOPLEDSELLER

Input Voltage:

AC85-264V

Model Number:

SunSpect 600

Operating Frequency:

50Hz/60Hz

Power Consumption:

284W±3%

Working Temperature:

-20 to 40 degree

LED Quantities:

120pcs 5W LEDs

Dimensions:

380x320x75mm

View Angle:

90 degree LED

Gross Weight:

12.0Lbs(5.5Kgs)

Life Span:

≥50,000 hours

Warranty:

One year

Last edited:
I have one of those, it grew this maiden
CameraZOOM-20150928192146716.jpg

It's a DutchDutch Passion Auto Ultimate, 160cm tall even though it was supercropped countless times, so yeah, I think you bought a light that will grow a decent plant!

they've been sold also as Hydromaster, Hydrostar, and a couple other. Seems to be an ok, low end light. My Vipar 900 watt ( 435 actual ) is likely the same maker. Seems like it performs good. Finishing a grow with mine that will end soon. Next I'll be trying to grow a 1 pound+ auto with it, THEN we'll see how good it is...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back