La Buena Hierba La Buena Hierba Seeds Grow N Show of 2021

Just coming back from looking at my big Haze outside and I just have to make this statement.

I love how EM1 keeps the rez in the EarthBox so pretty and clean. The plastic shines back at you. You can clearly see the big ol' water gathering roots at the bottom.
She's getting her last feeding of FFJ in a few. She's starting to get that trich pile up at the edges of the sugar leaves.....where it outlines the edges in white. :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
Tonight will get a bit nippy at 49*F, but after that it's lows in the 50-60 with 80s for the highs, rH below 50% for 8 days and a UV index of 8 each day. I might have a really good outdoor that gonna get to finish.

....saw this at the Comp, you are cleared for a phat landing mate! :hump:

:jointman:- time for a pic dump.... @La Buena Hierba
This girl is a stinker, just that one little bud in a bag funked up the air in my room for 2 days 'til it calmed down, what the whole plant is gonna do kinda scares me- :rofl:
.... holding up against mold pretty well, granted the contribution made by Phyter... I hope to see signs of readiness in a week, but still lottsa whities and
clear-ish trichs, so we wait wait wait... she's in week 6 of bloom.

lbh1.jpg
lbh2.jpg
lbh3.jpg
lbh7.jpg
lbh6.jpg
lbh8.jpg
lbh4.jpg

Waira
REGULAR UPDATE
La Buena Hierba Asian Haze

DAY 117
Buds are coming along nicely. Only one small bit of rot and that was caused by a spider. Don't have many spiders since there's no prey bugs! :biggrin:
She didn't like the 47*F morning low this week. It took her a little longer to finish up the rez. It did add to her end of life fade a little. Still vigorous bud development. Colas are getting the heavy sway when shook or blown.

Weather on Wed. will take a bit of a downturn with humidity, but still good day temps ans mild lows in the 60s. Looks like the weather will be the deciding factor if rot tries to set in. I don't think it will with the coverage of the Phyter I maintain every other day. With these conditions, I don't feel safe letting it go for a longer period between spraying.
IF I get to let the trichs ripen well, I'm gonna take her at some amber on the bud itself. Should make some REALLY good hash and I'm sure the rosin will be one of those 'hit ya behind the eyes' dabs. I noticed it really hit my auditory part of my brain. At first, I thought it was a fluke, so I packed my vape again with some of the little Haze. Same effect. Not racy at all. Should be a good day smoke. If I get the Elephant in, canna coffee with that for pain and some Asian Haze hash to keep me active.
I'll see tomorrow if she picked back up on her water usage.

Kinda on that water use..............I do think that EB girls do develop essentially two root systems where one mainly is for water uptake with the big fat roots and the other that is mainly for the uptake of nutes. Root structures are different. Roots in the rez are big fat roots and the nute roots are fine and thin.
I think this lets the girl uptake and find nute as needed. She's not forced to uptake nutes while getting the water it needs that's driven by the VPD. I know I probably topdress too often, and I have been hitting that pretty heavy with nutes. and some hormones.........aminos, FFJ, SST, Blue Gold flower, brewed teas with kelp and alfalfa. To keep with this modded KNF and keep the two systems separate and nutes out of the rez, the liquid nutes are mixed with compost into a slurry. This helps keep nutes out of the rez. There's a pretty good sized bank with LOTS of nutes in it. Once I get both systems established, I continue to examine the root structure in the top layers. As the grow continues and the top dressings accumulate, the fine search roots don't make it to the surface like I've seen in my and others grow that don't develop the two root systems. And this is with top moisture levels high enough to support this. They begin to appear about a half inch down and it has been this way the entire grow. I think this supports my theory that the two root system lets the girl take the nutes it needs at that point in it's life. The roots are moving into the topdressings as it needs to do.

I might be totally of o this, but I think my observations back my theory.

Anyway.......This sure as hell wouldn't be possible without Phyter! I'm sure of that. This upcoming week will be a VERY good test
IMG_20210926_092726120.jpg
IMG_20210926_092710589.jpg
IMG_20210926_092638733.jpg
IMG_20210926_092621811.jpg

I can't wait to hop in on this with the Diesel Deluxe, Panama Haze, and Copacabana Haze. Still good to participate in this @Waira ?

Finally worked out the issues water switching to sub irrigated coco, waiting on more cuttings to develop to SOG the 4x4 and fill out the 5x5. Still too hot with no AC to run two tents and mother plants.

20210924_192529(1).jpg

Diesel Deluxe at the back and Copacabana in the front.

They've been super cropped to let the laterals catch up but I've had a slight run in with spider mites and root aphids(Panama Haze, 1 plant) so everything has been hot with DE. I have several cuts of everything but waiting to hit about 20 cuts per cultivar.

20210924_192431(1).jpg

One Diesel Deluxe pheno is funky with little branching and 5" node spacing while the other is perfect. Panama Haze is branchy with thin leaves, very resilient to pest so far. Copacabana Haze has a beautiful structure and everything clones SO easily. Cleaning lowers and general pruning is giving me 5-7 day turnaround on my clones.

20210924_192456(1).jpg

Panama Haze at the back with several cuttings of everything.

20210924_192514(1).jpg

Copacabana Haze

Death The Cultivator
I like to see some indoor and cutting action with these strains. I took some cuttings from Asian Haze just for S&Gs and tried to reverse them with STS. Nothing happened, so I flipped them to 12/12.......they started to flower! LOL! So I'm just running them to see what they do.

Death The Cultivator
I like to see some indoor and cutting action with these strains. I took some cuttings from Asian Haze just for S&Gs and tried to reverse them with STS. Nothing happened, so I flipped them to 12/12.......they started to flower! LOL! So I'm just running them to see what they do.

They seem well bred so far imo, uppers are practically 100% root with the lowers being closer to 70% but they take off on transplant. It will be great to see the time dif between the cuttings and the seed plants.

I saw that, no experience with STS myself but still curious why it didn't take.

They seem well bred so far imo, uppers are practically 100% root with the lowers being closer to 70% but they take off on transplant. It will be great to see the time dif between the cuttings and the seed plants.

I saw that, no experience with STS myself but still curious why it didn't take.
I haven't contacted Twenty20 yet on input for the STS, but I guess she had to be flipped to 12/12 before reversal could occur.
Maybe the plant has to have the ability to go into flower before the STS can have an effect on hormone production.
I'm TOTALLY happy with the breeding with the Asian Haze!!!!!

Last edited:
I haven't contacted Twenty20 yet on input for the STS, but I guess she had to be flipped to 12/12 before reversal could occur.
Maybe the plant has to have the ability to go into flower before the STS can have an effect on hormone production.
I'm TOTALLY happy with the breeding with the Asian Haze!!!!!

That is great to hear. This is my first foray into Hazes - Ace Killer A5 x LBH Copacabana maybe, we'll see - I like to believe I'm a cultivator rather than a breeder lol.

Idk, I'll leave the breeding to others in the mean time I can't even recall what STS is :shrug: . When will you grow the crosses out?

Back