La Buena Hierba La Buena Hierba Seeds Grow N Show of 2021

Chugging along

0BA97AEC-3E70-4F2B-9808-553FB1D73205.jpeg
ED9EB8FE-9BF3-4099-932C-B6F9758EBC19.jpeg
15C298FA-7CDE-4964-B048-0586C63A5628.jpeg

Rain this season has been crazy! I'm clipping every damn bit that could give mold a foot hold. Good thing both remaining girls are very healthy.
I had rain from late afternoon to just a little bit ago. Rain gauge shows 4.5 in. Seems my cover worked fine for the smaller Haze in 15gal pot.
Both girls got sprayed with Phyter a little bit ago after getting home from a visit to a vampire lady at the doc's office.
IMG_20210818_090552998_HDR.jpg

Her buds are developing very nice.
IMG_20210818_090600427_HDR.jpg

Big Haze is doing great. I had to clip a bud at close to the top. Damn spider had woven leaves together around a bud and those leaves turned brownish in one day. Not wanting to take a chance, I tried to clip it with just my thumbnail, but that wasn't happening. I got my knife out and took care of it. I've noticed that she is MUCH more tough than the other haze. I've given her 3 doses of Microbial Mass that's supposed to help with making flowering nutes available. That may have helped, but I can't see that being a big reason for more silica in the plant to toughen it up. This was fairly new growth, so I don't see how it could be quite that tough.
IMG_20210818_090623832_HDR.jpg

Does Chitin toughen up the plant like silica? With the abundance of helpers in the Earthbox, namely the compost mites, I would imagine there's quite a bit of chitin being made available with what I assume is a pretty short lifespan of the compost mite.

Rain this season has been crazy! I'm clipping every damn bit that could give mold a foot hold. Good thing both remaining girls are very healthy.
I had rain from late afternoon to just a little bit ago. Rain gauge shows 4.5 in. Seems my cover worked fine for the smaller Haze in 15gal pot.
Both girls got sprayed with Phyter a little bit ago after getting home from a visit to a vampire lady at the doc's office.
We're giving them a proper test Bill, all kinds of conditions! And that's exactly what LBH wants- :thumbsup:
Big Haze is doing great. I had to clip a bud at close to the top. Damn spider had woven leaves together around a bud and those leaves turned brownish in one day. Not wanting to take a chance, I tried to clip it with just my thumbnail, but that wasn't happening. I got my knife out and took care of it. I've noticed that she is MUCH more tough than the other haze. I've given her 3 doses of Microbial Mass that's supposed to help with making flowering nutes available. That may have helped, but I can't see that being a big reason for more silica in the plant to toughen it up. This was fairly new growth, so I don't see how it could be quite that tough.
I this is more about her size than anything else... the plant responds to stresses from weight, wind, etc. by fortifying the structural anatomy... Smaller plants may be less stiff/tough because they aren't bearing the weight and wind force stress.
I stake mine always because it's windy at my spot, but I can tell after a week from putting them there, the stems bulk up quickly! Si is a big help though, and it's best used when available in a consistent manner. The plant incorporates it like a mortar of sorts into cell wall celluloses... Si does several other good things though, and is a key component in nutrient uptake/tranpsort...

Chugging along
:greenthumb:Looking good SOOT, I'm just glad they didn't fragg' out after the nasty spill they too when seedlings!
Let me guess-- the blooming one is the ChemDSDHz?
Dude, everything is so fucking late to get going for me this year! Only the Chem' and a fast photo x auto cross are acting normal, and even so the Chem is slow blooming.... The late transplant may be part of why she's slow, getting busy below-? She was already blooming when done,... The rest of the crew, even the WLD's seemed to stall out for 10 days before surging forward again... But it kept them smaller so that at least worked! Now to see how well the KIS soil lasts through bloom,... I'm still feeding, but lightly, to keep ahead of the curve some coz they all went into 7gal, not 10's after all, not enough soil to go around plus the 3 "back-up" late runners that were not planned...:doh:
It's going to be a nail-biter finish man! I'm praying for good Croptober weather = :goodluck:

oops! Forgot these... :baked:

ChemD/SDSHz-- promising resin signs!
lbh1.jpg
lbh2.jpg
lbh3.jpg

We're giving them a proper test Bill, all kinds of conditions! And that's exactly what LBH wants- :thumbsup:

I this is more about her size than anything else... the plant responds to stresses from weight, wind, etc. by fortifying the structural anatomy... Smaller plants may be less stiff/tough because they aren't bearing the weight and wind force stress.
I stake mine always because it's windy at my spot, but I can tell after a week from putting them there, the stems bulk up quickly! Si is a big help though, and it's best used when available in a consistent manner. The plant incorporates it like a mortar of sorts into cell wall celluloses... Si does several other good things though, and is a key component in nutrient uptake/tranpsort...

WEEKLY UPDATE
Yeah, Quite the test! I've had high 90's an both keep on truckin'!
Funny thing with the 15 gal pot. I knew we were in for a rain, so I made the cover and it served its purpose quite well. I forgot one thing.............fabric pots sitting on soil. :biggrin::haha:
IMG_20210821_085629968_HDR.jpg

The pot did end up being perfectly watered! LOL! I do need to get some FFJ down her throat to keep her buds going well, but I do have a little bank built up. Still lots of fresh bud growth. Frost is pretty good and bud structure is getting denser, but still open. It looks like it will be a fairly easy trim.
IMG_20210821_085648171_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210821_085702832_HDR.jpg

It says quite a lot for the breeder and I do think Phyter is working

Big girl is very healthy. I've taken a few fan leaves and almost all were the very oldest ones. Spread out two more of the very top branches. Wish I had some of those v-notch spreaders. They'd come in handy keeping the top open. I just don't want it to form one big ol cola up there........outside.

Still drinking the rez dry in 48hrs!
IMG_20210821_085527424a_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210821_085540667_HDR.jpg

WEEKLY UPDATE
Yeah, Quite the test! I've had high 90's an both keep on truckin'!
Funny thing with the 15 gal pot. I knew we were in for a rain, so I made the cover and it served its purpose quite well. I forgot one thing.............fabric pots sitting on soil. :biggrin::haha:
View attachment 1357865
The pot did end up being perfectly watered! LOL! I do need to get some FFJ down her throat to keep her buds going well, but I do have a little bank built up. Still lots of fresh bud growth. Frost is pretty good and bud structure is getting denser, but still open. It looks like it will be a fairly easy trim.
View attachment 1357866View attachment 1357867
It says quite a lot for the breeder and I do think Phyter is working

Big girl is very healthy. I've taken a few fan leaves and almost all were the very oldest ones. Spread out two more of the very top branches. Wish I had some of those v-notch spreaders. They'd come in handy keeping the top open. I just don't want it to form one big ol cola up there........outside.

Still drinking the rez dry in 48hrs!
View attachment 1357863

View attachment 1357864
This was done this morning. I check the girls 3 times a day............lol....at the minimum.

Diligence does pay off. I DID find some bud rot on the smaller Haze on my last check. Not exactly good news, but there is a silver lining of sorts. I'm pretty sure this was a spot that didn't get covered with Phyter, despite the many applications. This was on a bud that was resting on one of the corners of the cage. That one tiny area didn't get coated and it didn't get proper air flow. It was a very tiny area. I'm just lucky I moved that branch and spotted it.

As easy as this damn crap is coming up, I think the Phyter is working. It's gonna take diligence to get these girls to chop.

Given how innocent looking the spot was where the rot developed, I changed the ends of the LST ties to soft wire. I didn't see any problems when I switched them out.
I'm just trying to proactive as possible.

Evening check finds a small piece of rot just starting......very tiny. Performed partial budectomy, sprayed some soda water on the area.
Not really in a hidden area. It's not in an area that wouldn't get hit. It COULD be very new growth.
LOL! I do think it was not there last night. I do pretty much know this girl VERY well. We are very close!:eyebrows::biggrin:
IMG_20210822_191209163.jpg

So I mixed up some more Phyter at dusk and sprayed both with 2l. Sprayings are going to be every third day.
IMG_20210822_194720283a.jpg

Every third day may go to every other day if the big Haze keeps bushing up that has really started to increase quite a bit the last couple of days. Unlike the little one, this one is beginning to take the form that comes to my mind when ya say Haze...............I don't know how to describe it, but kinda like fine leaf bushyness fattening up! LOL!

:cools:

That's exciting and cool, but it makes me nervous as hell! LOL!
I still haven't ruled out putting one of my shop fans out there! I used to supply my customer's electrical power at the drag strip when I held a track day or attended an event with my customers. I've got some expensive extension cords..............good write off!:eyebrows:

Back