Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

I didnt even know hummingbirds went that far north! good luck bro I hope u get all the fish lol
Yep, lot's of hummers here, both early transients and then some nesters.
We will be trying to catch all of em the fish that is!... 100% chance we won't but that's good lol.
Thanks for stopping in brother, I've been enjoying your breeder thread:pass:

hope ya have a great season mate . and get a big pile of fish . be safe . :thumbsup:
videobg.jpg
Those look just like ours, hoping to have a big pile soon hehe. Thanks for the good wishes my friend

Everything bites on the 4th @Jraven I can think of 40-50 fish days on topwater smallmouth in Prineville Reservoir and Billy Chinook, multiple tags filled on summer steelhead in the Wilson River in 100F weather, kids swimming in inner tubes everywhere, and I can fool 6 or so summers into biting size 18 Hare's Ears (and land most of them) on a pegged cork float in like 18 foot of water (that requires lots of well spaced split shot), bottom fish galore, and catching nickel plated springers in tidewater all on the 4th. I have probably caught fish elsewhere then as well, but those are vivid. You guys are gonna tear em' up! :smoking:

I didnt even know hummingbirds went that far north! good luck bro I hope u get all the fish lol

I remember the hummingbirds in Bellingham and Lummi Island WA state. They were super playful. At least that's how I choose to interpret the behaviors. They make a laughing sound, fly straight up in the air really high and dive bomb at you only to stop a few inches or feet from you and laugh again. They would do it for twenty minutes if you laugh with them.

Of course others suggest that they are just exhibiting territorial behavior, but as they are harmless at worst and beneficial at normal times, so what! they make me laugh. I choose to believe the Natives in these parts who say Hummingbird is the avatar of Beauty; or as I think of it, empathetic fascination with the forms of creation.

I remember the hummingbirds in Bellingham and Lummi Island WA state. They were super playful. At least that's how I choose to interpret the behaviors. They make a laughing sound, fly straight up in the air really high and dive bomb at you only to stop a few inches or feet from you and laugh again. They would do it for twenty minutes if you laugh with them.

Of course others suggest that they are just exhibiting territorial behavior, but as they are harmless at worst and beneficial at normal times, so what! they make me laugh. I choose to believe the Natives in these parts who say Hummingbird is the avatar of Beauty; or as I think of it, empathetic fascination with the forms of creation.
They are a lot of fun lol, always a good sign of spring. One of the cool things they do here, since there are no nectar sources when they arrive early in spring, is take advantage of the holes that red-headed sapsuckers make in the trees, feeding on the sap that seeps out.
It seems like the more feeders you have hanging up the more hummingbirds will hang around...it can get chaotic if you have several hehe.

thats awesome, there so fun to watch!

In my tribes creation story it was hummingbird who stole fire to bring to the people.... I have a lot of reverence and respect for these silly little birbs. :bow::smoking:

They are a lot of fun lol, always a good sign of spring. One of the cool things they do here, since there are no nectar sources when they arrive early in spring, is take advantage of the holes that red-headed sapsuckers make in the trees, feeding on the sap that seeps out.
It seems like the more feeders you have hanging up the more hummingbirds will hang around...it can get chaotic if you have several hehe.

Thats awesome! I wish the hummingbirds in my area liked the feeders I put up... they wont touch them, my guess is because I have so many types of flowers, blooming all over the yard and in the neighborhood (were also 2 blocks from the river) that they prefer the sugar ratio in the real deal over my sad excuse for an artificial flower lol
plus my huge hibiscus is right next to it and they seems to love that so.... yea probably not as tasty.. idk:shrug:

thats awesome, there so fun to watch!

In my tribes creation story it was hummingbird who stole fire to bring to the people.... I have a lot of reverence and respect for these silly little birbs. :bow::smoking:

Thats awesome! I wish the hummingbirds in my area liked the feeders I put up... they wont touch them, my guess is because I have so many types of flowers, blooming all over the yard and in the neighborhood (were also 2 blocks from the river) that they prefer the sugar ratio in the real deal over my sad excuse for an artificial flower lol
plus my huge hibiscus is right next to it and they seems to love that so.... yea probably not as tasty.. idk:shrug:

Good stuff.... Thanks for that my friend.
We have to taper them off now that we are heading out on the water, and there is plenty for them to eat.

Back