Jraven's Alaska Summer 2018

Well, stick finally made it here. Looking good J! Looking forward to seeing how your green house grows. I know you will rock it. Here for the rest of the season with ya.

I just dismantled my old 10' x 20' hoop house that went through too many historic wind storms here in the sticks, but have a new one to throw up. Much more satisfying building from scratch with material on hand like you are doing though.

Hope you have another productive day.

Peace,
Stick

Well, stick finally made it here. Looking good J! Looking forward to seeing how your green house grows. I know you will rock it. Here for the rest of the season with ya.

I just dismantled my old 10' x 20' hoop house that went through too many historic wind storms here in the sticks, but have a new one to throw up. Much more satisfying building from scratch with material on hand like you are doing though.

Hope you have another productive day.

Peace,
Stick
Thanks my friend. I'm hoping this greenhouse will weather a few storms lol it's going to have to! Glad to have you here...I'm hoping for much better conditions this year last year was awful lol. I think the g'house will help me through some of that stuff. :toke:

Thanks my friend. I'm hoping this greenhouse will weather a few storms lol it's going to have to! Glad to have you here...I'm hoping for much better conditions this year last year was awful lol. I think the g'house will help me through some of that stuff. :toke:
I have a lot of friends in the EU and UK who grow outdoors, some of them for decades. All said that last season was the worst they have ever seen. Here in Eastern WA. we had the hottest dryest July and August on record last year. Twas 120+ F. in the hoop house for weeks on end. The girls loved it.

Peace

I have a lot of friends in the EU and UK who grow outdoors, some of them for decades. All said that last season was the worst they have ever seen. Here in Eastern WA. we had the hottest dryest July and August on record last year. Twas 120+ F. in the hoop house for weeks on end. The girls loved it.

Peace
Yep there certainly seemed to be a lot of weather complaints last year. It's just standard here i'm afraid, we are lucky to get a good one when we do. I love it here but it's not a good place to grow canna. I'm one who just has to grow anyway! I love to watch the girls respond when the sun shines.

Peace

It was a nightmare season for me!! Autos dealt with rain and more rain!! Had some insane weather during flower of the photos...a tornado dropped down less than 1/2mile from the plants!!

It was a nightmare season for me!! Autos dealt with rain and more rain!! Had some insane weather during flower of the photos...a tornado dropped down less than 1/2mile from the plants!!
As usual we didn't really have extreme weather necessarily, just way more of the same old than usual. That's the challenge of growing here, it's just going to be a cool ,rainy, cloudy, mild combination of anti-canna tricks from ma nature. I don't set my sights real high but seeing what you've been able to do keeps me optimistic:toke:

As usual we didn't really have extreme weather necessarily, just way more of the same old than usual. That's the challenge of growing here, it's just going to be a cool ,rainy, cloudy, mild combination of anti-canna tricks from ma nature. I don't set my sights real high but seeing what you've been able to do keeps me optimistic:toke:

Slinging buds, under the rain, the sun, the mud, and sometimes the blood!! Ahh the life of the outdoor warrior!! ;)

Well friends I have started my season rolling. I started 9 seeds after 24 hrs all but one cracked. I've put another one to pop because I don't really like how the slower one looks. I'm doing this round in 1 gallon pots and these will be mobile plants...I'll give as much time as I can in the COB room, then they will be moved to the solarium when I'm ready to do the main group of seedlings, maybe around 20 or so.
On deck here under the cobs from @BigSm0 are DP Brooklyn sunrise, DP blueberry, Bubba Trouble from @Magic , Mephisto 24c Double grape and AvT. I'm assuming these will be small and hoping for them to finish up early so I have some good smoke for my fishing season which begins July 1. The slow starter was a 24C if it pops thats nice. The three pots on the right contain Sohum Soil. Can't remember why I got other than to test it so I have a side by side going with the 3 mephisto strains.
P_20180425_080508.jpg
P_20180425_080535.jpg

Last edited:
Back