New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Ok this answers why the PH stays so high even after passing through the RO.

If PH is the only reason to run the RO then don't. Just use your tapwater treated for chloramines. I have learned something new here and I apologize if we took a wrong turn. I falsly believed RO water was always 7 PH - Wrong.

Ok that part does not change the need to keep the PH in the root zone in tolerance. The strategy here will change in coco.

Remind me how much PH down you use on just your tap water?

692C1A75-9A3C-46E8-BE6A-55C8BD7F9D99.jpeg
I buy this & mix my own soil.

Have you checked the PH of the RO water after letting it sit open to the air for a day or two?

You could resort to real science and send a sample to a lab for agricultural analysis ?
Yes it stays at pH I left it or say it 6.53 it will only change to 6.52-6.54

Ok this answers why the PH stays so high even after passing through the RO.

If PH is the only reason to run the RO then don't. Just use your tapwater treated for chloramines. I have learned something new here and I apologize if we took a wrong turn. I falsly believed RO water was always 7 PH - Wrong.

Ok that part does not change the need to keep the PH in the root zone in tolerance. The strategy here will change in coco.

Remind me how much PH down you use on just your tap water?
Ok will do....my tap ppm is 150 I think is this to high?

Last edited:
Calibration solutions are 4.0, 7.0 and 10.01 and neither of yours is reading any of those. It's definitely off... Recalibrate using all three of the solutions and little jars it comes with. The defective apera I had would always be 0.2 off even after calibration causing me to constantly pH down without needing to and causing all sorts of problems
The L M H in left corner shows I calibrated three points...isn't that correct?

Calibration solutions are 4.0, 7.0 and 10.01 and neither of yours is reading any of those. It's definitely off... Recalibrate using all three of the solutions and little jars it comes with. The defective apera I had would always be 0.2 off even after calibration causing me to constantly pH down without needing to and causing all sorts of problems
That's what I did soon as I got it....I calibrated in all 3 solutions and that's why those 3 letters are there...I followed the instructions....

The L M H in left corner shows I calibrated three points...isn't that correct?
Yes but if it's calibrated correctly and still not measuring correctly then it's busted. If that's a pic in the 7.0 solution, and it's been calibrated I'd contact apera. Very similar to what was going on with mine. They'll have you so some tests and take some pictures, then they'll send a new probe. That still didn't fix mine so they sent a new meter and it's been spot on since

Have you checked the PH of the RO water after letting it sit open to the air for a day or two?

You could resort to real science and send a sample to a lab for agricultural analysis ?
No I havnt let it sit in open air...I will do that...I did check the water in my res last night and it was 6.75 pH....isn't that normal? I'll pH a bucket let it sit open and see what it does..... thanks

Yes but if it's calibrated correctly and still not measuring correctly then it's busted. If that's a pic in the 7.0 solution, and it's been calibrated I'd contact apera. Very similar to what was going on with mine. They'll have you so some tests and take some pictures, then they'll send a new probe. That still didn't fix mine so they sent a new meter and it's been spot on since
No it's in water not solution.....I was testing just water I phd

Back