New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Yes but if it's calibrated correctly and still not measuring correctly then it's busted. If that's a pic in the 7.0 solution, and it's been calibrated I'd contact apera. Very similar to what was going on with mine. They'll have you so some tests and take some pictures, then they'll send a new probe. That still didn't fix mine so they sent a new meter and it's been spot on since
I will check it when I get home....

I think we're all going to learn something when this gets figured out.
Fuck I hope so...I'm going crazy....lol not really...just don't like seeing them look like this...I want them nice and green with fat juicy buds....

Ok this answers why the PH stays so high even after passing through the RO.

If PH is the only reason to run the RO then don't. Just use your tapwater treated for chloramines. I have learned something new here and I apologize if we took a wrong turn. I falsly believed RO water was always 7 PH - Wrong.

Ok that part does not change the need to keep the PH in the root zone in tolerance. The strategy here will change in coco.

Remind me how much PH down you use on just your tap water?
It took almost 1/2 ml to treat 3 liters.....is that bad? Brought it to 6.79....ppm of 114...
IMG_20220515_191449510~2.jpg

Last edited:
Have you checked the PH of the RO water after letting it sit open to the air for a day or two?

You could resort to real science and send a sample to a lab for agricultural analysis ?
Ok I phd a 3 liter jug with almost 1/2 ml of down to 6.79 ppm of 114 just my tap I added 0.05g of absoric acid and I'm going to leave cap off for 24hr and retest...I'll let you know the outcome....

Even only 50ppm added to what’s in your tap could be overdoing it! Too much calcium can lockout Mag/Phosphorus and 1 other I’m forgetting at the moment! Maybe K but not positive! MoG will know tho he’s a freaking pro at this stuff!
Hey is living soil good for sip buckets? Like sohum cannabis soil? Water only? I just want to figure out what is best for sip buckets? I have 20 of them and plan on using them all...plus I want what's easiest.... thanks for your help yesterday too I appreciate it...
Screenshot_20220515-202630.png

Hey is living soil good for sip buckets? Like sohum cannabis soil? Water only? I just want to figure out what is best for sip buckets? I have 20 of them and plan on using them all...plus I want what's easiest.... thanks for your help yesterday too I appreciate it...View attachment 1459461
Ya it is but never used that brand! And no problem at all man I still need help frequently! :rofl:

Hey is living soil good for sip buckets? Like sohum cannabis soil? Water only? I just want to figure out what is best for sip buckets? I have 20 of them and plan on using them all...plus I want what's easiest.... thanks for your help yesterday too I appreciate it...View attachment 1459461
I'm not familiar with sip buckets aside from a Google search I once did five minutes ago. But I was watching a video log in Buildasoil a few weeks ago when they were talking about how to use those rectangular pots with the water on the bottom. They said that you should sparingly top-water until the seedling is well established - a couple of weeks in. Because of all the food (like ground grains, etc.) in the soil, dampening off is a possibility. You might consider waiting a week or two before filling the reservoir.

That is unless you're up-potting a fairly good-sized plant.

Ok I phd a 3 liter jug with almost 1/2 ml of down to 6.79 ppm of 114 just my tap I added 0.05g of absoric acid and I'm going to leave cap off for 24hr and retest...I'll let you know the outcome....
What was the starting PPM?

Back