New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Ok I know I'm not using this site correcttly I'm not the best with technology so sorry everyone! But I'm trying how do I go about it ❓ do I just stay in one thread ❓or what am I doing wrong ❓

Hi There ^_^

I've been moderating AFN for a very long time, and have seen a few thousand journals in my time. Maybe i could offer some advice (journalling advice, not growing as you've already got enough to get your head around from the respnders in here)

Firstly your thread is in "new growers grow journals" .. Which is perfect! :thumbsup:

The thread title ... Usually, i find having the strain name, and some details about the grow more appealing to members to look in on.
E.G "Mephisto 24 Carat in Coco with LED" (gets straight to the point)
I can change that for you if you come up with a title you like - make sure to quote me or tag me @blue or I won't see the request.

First Post: Usually i like to see info about what the grow is and where it's at.

Equipment:
Medium:
Light:
Days in:

Updates: What day are you on, photo, any issues or extra details.

Problems: If you've already got good and experienced people willing to help (i see Suki's been in helping), try tagging them in your updates with the @ and their name.
If that doesn't work, pop into live stoners chat and see if anyone in there can help with a link to your grow. Over 24 hours, usually 5 staff will pop in, and they may be able to help, and also there's some pretty seasoned growers in there that like to chat and help.

Just some ideas to make the thread more appealing and look a little less "all over the place" ^_^

Asking questions is how you learn ... experience is what makes you better, and finding the way that works best for you is the goal.

Ultimately, when you're starting out less is more. You're way more likely to have problems by throwing nutes at the problem. It's probably not a lack on nutes causing the problem.
I'd recommend growing in the easiest way possible. (Soil with an easy nute line up - Veg and Flower)

VPD .. PPFD ....DLI ..... Just weren't a thing when i learned to grow. Sounds like a scientific way of getting results. Mostly the meters caused me more issues than without them . I guess it's just the modern way of skinning a cat. (but not really essentail (IMO) for a new grower to grow a weed)

.....although i'd recommend knowing what your temps and humidity are generally like in the tent, and having a vague idea on your water PH

Hope some of this helps
Blue
:d5:

Edit: Seems like i couldn't help myself - this was supposed to be about journalling and not grow advice ... :rofl: .. it's a habit! ^_^

They keep telling me I'm all over the place.
hi bro nice to meet you :d5: so now this thread you can keep posting to it and make it your journal that means you will have your grow in 1 place as making lots of new threads just becomes messy and you can get most if not all your answers in one thread and if you want to tag someone just @St. Tom add there names by adding that in front @ also I grow in coco myself I've also done 1 grow in sohums live soil if in the future you need any tips

Ok I know I'm not using this site correcttly I'm not the best with technology so sorry everyone! But I'm trying how do I go about it ❓ do I just stay in one thread ❓or what am I doing wrong ❓
You're fine doing it this way! Its gonna be easier for you to keep track of the info if it's all in one place.

No need to tag me really, I never unfollow anything and I always click through all of my notifications :rofl: what can I say, most of my time is spent on here lol. The mods tend to have a lot on their plates so tagging them when you need them is necessary.

The 67 controller you're getting has some nice features, I've been eyeing it for myself, especially the ability to set a constant minimum fan.

As far as you buying new lights....If it makes you feel good, do it, but the lights you have now aren't holding you back at all. I've seen what a single $79 light can do, and its impressive.

If you don't already have, download a PPFD DLI app. I use 'PPFD Meter' you do have to set it to the correct color temperature to calibrate, but what it would be really useful for you to set the spacing of your lights to get even coverage.

Too much light is much worse than too little. You will be able to adjust your height and dimmer to more ideal settings.

Not wrong. As a new grower, you are drinking from a fire hose. Your enthusiasm is admirable and appropriate. Everyone has their own way of doing things. If it were me(and I’m nobody) I would give a recap to date. This will assist US in assisting YOU. Doesnt need to be an elaborate description , just the basics. That’s the beauty of AFN, take what u need and disregard the rest(including my 2 cents). One year ago, I was EXACTLY where u are.

- soil/coco
- water source (ppm)
- ph when watering
- lights (ppfd), manufacturing recommendation distances
- VPD
- Nutes and when u plan on feeding.
Got it

Hi There ^_^

I've been moderating AFN for a very long time, and have seen a few thousand journals in my time. Maybe i could offer some advice (journalling advice, not growing as you've already got enough to get your head around from the respnders in here)

Firstly your thread is in "new growers grow journals" .. Which is perfect! :thumbsup:

The thread title ... Usually, i find having the strain name, and some details about the grow more appealing to members to look in on.
E.G "Mephisto 24 Carat in Coco with LED" (gets straight to the point)
I can change that for you if you come up with a title you like - make sure to quote me or tag me @blue or I won't see the request.

First Post: Usually i like to see info about what the grow is and where it's at.

Equipment:
Medium:
Light:
Days in:

Updates: What day are you on, photo, any issues or extra details.

Problems: If you've already got good and experienced people willing to help (i see Suki's been in helping), try tagging them in your updates with the @ and their name.
If that doesn't work, pop into live stoners chat and see if anyone in there can help with a link to your grow. Over 24 hours, usually 5 staff will pop in, and they may be able to help, and also there's some pretty seasoned growers in there that like to chat and help.

Just some ideas to make the thread more appealing and look a little less "all over the place" ^_^

Asking questions is how you learn ... experience is what makes you better, and finding the way that works best for you is the goal.

Ultimately, when you're starting out less is more. You're way more likely to have problems by throwing nutes at the problem. It's probably not a lack on nutes causing the problem.
I'd recommend growing in the easiest way possible. (Soil with an easy nute line up - Veg and Flower)

VPD .. PPFD ....DLI ..... Just weren't a thing when i learned to grow. Sounds like a scientific way of getting results. Mostly the meters caused me more issues than without them . I guess it's just the modern way of skinning a cat. (but not really essentail (IMO) for a new grower to grow a weed)

.....although i'd recommend knowing what your temps and humidity are generally like in the tent, and having a vague idea on your water PH

Hope some of this helps
Blue
:d5:

Edit: Seems like i couldn't help myself - this was supposed to be about journalling and not grow advice ... :rofl: .. it's a habit! ^_^
Thank you your awesome

hi bro nice to meet you :d5: so now this thread you can keep posting to it and make it your journal that means you will have your grow in 1 place as making lots of new threads just becomes messy and you can get most if not all your answers in one thread and if you want to tag someone just @St. Tom add there names by adding that in front @ also I grow in coco myself I've also done 1 grow in sohums live soil if in the future you need any tips
So is sohum good soil or a waist of time I'm using happy frog right now with Dr.erath premium organic veg and flower dry amendments I want a good quality soil.

So is sohum good soil or a waist of time I'm using happy frog right now with Dr.erath premium organic veg and flower dry amendments I want a good quality soil.
I did very well with sohums but you have to layer your pot with lightmix soil for very young plants otherwise you may burn them so it's well worth a try with but I'd see how you get on with what soil your using

Back