Lighting HubbaBubbaSmelloscope + HS1 ms0006 combination

I'm sure you're right bro, but I just don't like the idea of heat and material in contact with eachother, no matter how small the risk.

I have the humidity tray under her, and a fan blowing directly over a bowl of water, these two additions are doing enough to keep me in the mid 30% so it's not too bad.
Keep in mind that one of the most basic attributes of oil-filled heaters is that they are simply inherently safe, including having people, even babies and pets, touch them. They don't and can't get all that hot. Towels and other fabrics get hotter in clothes dryers. Cotton is composed of cellulose, like paper, wood, etc. and will start to combust/burn until mid-400s˚F, with melting point even higher. I doubt any oil-filled heater even gets up to 140˚F, or else people would commonly get burned by them. Many times I've dried pieces of wet clothing (including synthetics with melting points way lower than cellulose combustion point) on an oil-filled heater with no problems.

Bottom line -- Draping wet, or even dry, towels or other fabric over an oil-filled heater is way safe, zero risk.

Day 20 sports fans!

Explosive upward growth over the last few days, she's a greedy girl, already demanding 500ml of water a day.

5-6cm vertical growth in 24 hrs...

Maybe need to rethink hanging the HS1 60cm above the grow.

Not complaining though, I like the healthy progress.

032c6be79baf61e01804a0580261f3f2.jpg

1ca8fa15916d4754a9048560cf90aa58.jpg

6090eb8b24e91c41da5c9881db359424.jpg

c79400a07321e0e51f4811f6b0bbbb69.jpg

Tata till Day 25!

Last edited:
Spoke to soon...

I knew it was all going too well.

Last night I noticed the leaf tips clawing on about 50% of the foliage.

f4cd257a35e0ab72a3c9b03574285a5a.jpg

808bb4814da1794a1b3167e90b7b1be5.jpg

a34913342632b1bda470238562a58675.jpg

No vertical growth over the last 24hrs either.

Fuking pisses me off, was feeling good about this grow.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I have given her a 30+ litre flush, with the garden hose, and put her away.

I'll give it till Monday to decide on her fate, but if she's not picked back up, it'll be off to the compost heap in the sky.

Cheers

Looks great still! She's standing tall. HBSS can get really big, so not to worry . I'm not sure I even see any clawing are the leaves real dark?(you could take a daylight shot) I would wait until after stretch in another two weeks. And bear in mind I have seen these plants produce in nearly any circumstance. Your certainly not in the position my current plants are which were really over fed by accident and stunted. Keep on keeping on.

Looks great still! She's standing tall. HBSS can get really big, so not to worry . I'm not sure I even see any clawing are the leaves real dark?(you could take a daylight shot) I would wait until after stretch in another two weeks. And bear in mind I have seen these plants produce in nearly any circumstance. Your certainly not in the position my current plants are which were really over fed by accident and stunted. Keep on keeping on.

Thanks Bro, I appreciate the input.

The leaves are not really dark, I hope I've nipped it in the bud (pun intended)

I checked her this morning before work, and a lot of the leaves have recovered already!

And she's grown 1.5cm in the last 10 hrs, so with a bit of luck she's on the mend...

I'm a little embarrassed about whining like a pussy, when you're cracking on with your grow through far worse problems.

I just wanted a decent grow for once, I always remember that Durban poison you grew...

Gimme one like that!!

That Durban was a special Pheno! Your HBSS is going great guns. And with the weather hopefully warming and humidity stabilising your environment should be spot on! (Even in a garage). I definitely have a close eye on this girl. Laters

That Durban was a special Pheno! Your HBSS is going great guns. And with the weather hopefully warming and humidity stabilising your environment should be spot on! (Even in a garage). I definitely have a close eye on this girl. Laters

Don't sell yourself short bruv, it could be the Bruce Lee of phenos......

but if the grower is crap, so shall be the yield.

Last edited:
Back