Outdoor High Altitude/Desert Outdoor Organic Grow – Five Indica, One Sativa

Brainstorm...it might be feasible to use water bottles or dark containers filled with water as a heatsink for around the pots during frigid night temps to keep the roots warm....i find plants in the ground grow much better than plants in pots. Overheated roots then overcooled roots will certainly have a negative impact on growth.

Brainstorm...it might be feasible to use water bottles or dark containers filled with water as a heatsink for around the pots during frigid night temps to keep the roots warm....i find plants in the ground grow much better than plants in pots. Overheated roots then overcooled roots will certainly have a negative impact on growth.

You are soooooo correct! The plants that were in the ground did so much better than the ones in the pots. The root systems of the plants in the ground were twice the size of the ones in the pots.
Thank you so much for all of your advice back in January. It was inspiring and contributed to a very prosperous outdoor summer grow. I will be doing another one next year for sure!

I have been a very busy farmer the last month. Between harvesting, drying and trimming - the month of August disappeared in a haze of golden pollen. And what a lovely haze that has been!

Out of 12 plants, 8 of them did amazing! Big, heavy, sticky icky icky buds. Here are the totals after harvest, drying and trimming (per plant):

Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen: 143 grams / 5.04 ounces
This plant was in a raised garden bed.

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 50 grams / 1.76 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry # 4: 115 grams / 4.05 ounces

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]: 103 grams / 3.63 ounces

Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 77 grams / 2.71 ounces

Northern Lights x Big Bud [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 56 grams/ 1.86 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

Northern Lights x Big Bud [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]: 129 grams / 4.55 ounces

Royal Kush: 38 grams / 1.34 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

The Blackberry Kush (two plants), unfortunately, did not like the desert environment and did not get very big. But the buds that did form were beautiful in color and really tasty.

Blueberry [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] received an injury in the early phase, was completely abused and then planted seriously late. The tenacious little bitch survived to produce 70 grams of bud & trim. This whole plant will be combined with all the other Blueberry trim and turned into Blueberry bubble hash.

Daiquiri Lime # 2 suffered a serious nutritional deficiency in the beginning. It was planted in a spot that had NOT been amended with compost for 8 years. The area had contained a very large Russian Sage which was removed in the fall of 2016. It was planted only 2 feet from Night Queen. When we noticed the deficiency in the leaves, Mr. High Desert filled up a 5-gallon bucket of compost out of the pit and put it around the base of the plant. Billions of worms in that bucket! We watered in the compost and within three days the plant was doing much better. It got tall, but not heavy in buds. It totaled 40 grams of trim and bud. It is going to be combined with the 41 grams of trim I got from Daiquiri Lime [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and made into bubble hash.

All in all, for my first time growing Autos, I am very happy with my grow.

I have been a very busy farmer the last month. Between harvesting, drying and trimming - the month of August disappeared in a haze of golden pollen. And what a lovely haze that has been!

Out of 12 plants, 8 of them did amazing! Big, heavy, sticky icky icky buds. Here are the totals after harvest, drying and trimming (per plant):

Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen: 143 grams / 5.04 ounces

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 50 grams / 1.76 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry # 4: 115 grams / 4.05 ounces

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG]: 103 grams / 3.63 ounces

Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 77 grams / 2.71 ounces

Northern Lights x Big Bud [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: 56 grams/ 1.86 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

Northern Lights x Big Bud [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG]: 129 grams / 4.55 ounces

Royal Kush: 38 grams / 1.34 ounces
This plant was in a pot.

The Blackberry Kush (two plants), unfortunately, did not like the desert environment and did not get very big. But the buds that did form were beautiful in color and really tasty.

Blueberry [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] received an injury in the early phase, was completely abused and then planted seriously late. The tenacious little bitch survived to produce 70 grams of bud & trim. This whole plant will be combined with all the other Blueberry trim and turned into Blueberry bubble hash.

Daiquiri Lime # 2 suffered a serious nutritional deficiency in the beginning. It was planted in a spot that had NOT been amended with compost for 8 years. The area had contained a very large Russian Sage which was removed in the fall of 2016. It was planted only 2 feet from Night Queen. When we noticed the deficiency in the leaves, Mr. High Desert filled up a 5-gallon bucket of compost out of the pit and put it around the base of the plant. Billions of worms in that bucket! We watered in the compost and within three days the plant was doing much better. It got tall, but not heavy in buds. It totaled 40 grams of trim and bud. It is going to be combined with the 41 grams of trim I got from Daiquiri Lime [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and made into bubble hash.

All in all, for my first time growing Autos, I am very happy with my grow.

Absolutely astonishing results!! Very well done!...max repping now! Please drop by the Dutch Passion high yields thread with some pics and weights of your biggest...some of these will be on the list!

Absolutely astonishing results!! Very well done!...max repping now! Please drop by the Dutch Passion high yields thread with some pics and weights of your biggest...some of these will be on the list!

Thanks so much! I will work on getting pictures up this weekend and giving props to the Dutch Passion breeders :bighug:

I am very tempted to try auto night queen next season outdoors...little worried about mold though, but your results with the ANQ are amazing. I am definitely running cindy jack again next season

You are soooooo correct! The plants that were in the ground did so much better than the ones in the pots. The root systems of the plants in the ground were twice the size of the ones in the pots.
Thank you so much for all of your advice back in January. It was inspiring and contributed to a very prosperous outdoor summer grow. I will be doing another one next year for sure!

Even cinder blocks might help? Our photoperiod garden is lined with them for a three foot wall on the one side. They heat up in the sun during the day and stay warm for a really long time. We have giant ones but you could probably stack the smaller ones (better mobility) around the pot, too?

Way to go on your harvest! Those numbers looked pretty good!!!

I am very tempted to try auto night queen next season outdoors...little worried about mold though, but your results with the ANQ are amazing. I am definitely running cindy jack again next season

Here are a few pics of what the Night Queen looked like before harvest. It really grew heavy, dense buds despite the hot temps.

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 120
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0837.jpg

This is the Northern Lights x Big Bud. The two Blueberry plants pretty much look exactly the same. The plants stayed low and grew over the water sources.

Back