New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

Good catch, Dream! Forgot you were an autopots gal. I agree that those shorter plants are catching up quickly! You've got things looking great in that tent! Keep doing exactly what you are doing, and don't change a thing! Keep Eden's bowels moving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Keep Edens bowels moving, eh? :haha: I love it.

If height is an issue on some plants, I agree with DG that supercropping will help. It's fairly easy, you want to gently knead the stem that you want to bend, between your thimb and forefinger, slowly working it to bend in the direction you are targeting. Try not to break the skin, but achieve a 90degree angle. Once bent, you should anchor down so it doesn't just pop back up. They usually recover pretty quickly. I didn't do much supercropping this round, because I found the stemtrainers that helped me control height and create tops, the same thing supercropping does.

Here was my GG before it's first supercropping:

IMG_0278.JPG

Here it is after I supercropped its five tallest limbs:

IMG_0283.JPG

Here it is a couple days later:

IMG_0305.JPG

Lots of great videos on YouTube. Big fan of supercropping to create more tops, also!

I’ve never tried super cropping. How’s it done? If there’s a thread can you point me toward it?
There are a hundred threads and YouTube videos. Select an internode portion of the stem about 6” below where you would like the height to be. Between your thumb and fingers, steadily squeeze and keep applying pressure, maybe using a gentle rocking motion. You will feel the stem grow soft under your fingers. Make a full inch or so nice and soft like that. Then, lay the cola down at a 90 degree angle, trying not to cover another especially productive part of the plant. It should stay down. Some tie them down, I never had to.

If you make a split in the stem (it will feel wet on your fingers) use parrafin tape to mend the area. If you don’t have it, duct tape works too. I’m going to try to make a short video showing you the 2 most pronounced main colas I supercropped in about the second week of flower on NL1. Between supercropping and regular defoliation, she’s an amazing plant as far as buds go.

Make sure you have some paraffin tape ready to repair any tears you do when trying, though!

OK so I’m embarrassed at the quality of the video, but I can’t believe the results myself. Here I am trying to show off the 2 main colas I supercropped on NL1:

This picture kind of shows it too. The blue shows the top of the supercropped cola, the red shows the location of the bend. The buds easily tripled on the portion that was laid down, as you can tell:
320226A3-7354-42D8-99FC-D88C09AEFFE7.jpeg

This picture kind of shows it too. The blue shows the top of the supercropped cola, the red shows the location of the bend. The buds easily tripled on the portion that was laid down, as you can tell:
View attachment 1002682
Wow! Thanks. I actually did do that before! On my Blue Dream photos - but I didn’t know it was called super cropping. I read though that it’s best not to use such high stress training with autos. That obviously isn’t true as it really worked well for you. When I did it on my Blue Dream photos, I used duct tape on the bend. I think I’m going to do that. I just need to get brave enough.

If height is an issue on some plants, I agree with DG that supercropping will help. It's fairly easy, you want to gently knead the stem that you want to bend, between your thimb and forefinger, slowly working it to bend in the direction you are targeting. Try not to break the skin, but achieve a 90degree angle. Once bent, you should anchor down so it doesn't just pop back up. They usually recover pretty quickly. I didn't do much supercropping this round, because I found the stemtrainers that helped me control height and create tops, the same thing supercropping does.

Here was my GG before it's first supercropping:

View attachment 1002666

Here it is after I supercropped its five tallest limbs:

View attachment 1002667

Here it is a couple days later:

View attachment 1002669

Lots of great videos on YouTube. Big fan of supercropping to create more tops, also!

Thanks! Yours also look amazing iriee! I can do this...

Wow! Thanks. I actually did do that before! On my Blue Dream photos - but I didn’t know it was called super cropping. I read though that it’s best not to use such high stress training with autos. That obviously isn’t true as it really worked well for you. When I did it on my Blue Dream photos, I used duct tape on the bend. I think I’m going to do that. I just need to get brave enough.

Thanks! Yours also look amazing iriee! I can do this...
Oh awesome! You can always try it on one branch too, just to see what happens. At the time I did my supercropping they were planning a mutiny and about to take over, so I had to squash it. Walked away from the tent that day and it looked like a tornado swept through LOL.

Back