Hecno's on going organics

DSC_0089.JPG

I had a idea , :stir: No till sort of , :mrgreen: What we have here is my second attempt at organic soil , the soil is 5 months old , The pots are 27 ltr same as I have been using for a while now , The soil has been in the pots for around 6 weeks and will have another 4 to 5 weeks to go before I seed them ,[ Saving for some cob lights ] Which means the soil will be over 6 months old , All I have been doing is feeding the soil since the pots went in , I have it covered and keep a eye on the moisture of the soil and there are native worms in the soil and I have seen a number of baby ones , Outside temp is 34 c , but the soil is in semi shade and has been all the time , so the soil temp is 24 c - which I believe is a ideal temp for microbes . A lot of the inputs I have made myself and are local . I am also getting a better understanding what @pop22 is teaching on reusing soil and can be better with age . I also think I have more native microbes than you can pock a stick at . Photo 2 . @Eyes on Fire another teacher :thumbsup: , with knobbly knees shares like -- pop -- some amazing info for us , I have seen some of @pop22 :thumbsup: plants yield as little as 40 grams ,-- but what stunning plants , a top grower --. I do not follow the yield path as I have no interest in it , It is all about quality to me , hence only 4 pots . I smoked 4 strains today -- GG - LSD -- AM -- Amnesia -- GG , not for me , the other 3 I like depending on what I am doing . You may remember as while back when the Old Flower said Hecno what are ya doing , -- looking at he plants dear -- well she comes home today and says , bloody hell now ya staring at soil - What can a bloke say . :shrug: Now I may ruffle some feathers here --- Stop using Bio char --- It is environmental unsustainable product --- bottom photo shows natural bio char from bush fires , Not store bought . and yes you can get temps hot enough from wild fire to get bio char , just look for the big stumps burning , they can burn for up 2 weeks or longer . , Ya can tell by the sound when you drop it on a hard surface , you will here a -- plink type of sound . @Dankstyle J also has a lot to teach , what he does is awesome :thumbsup: @Jraven also doing amazing things in a really bad climate :woohoo1:@Waira gday mate . @Stinky Pete enjoy your path , you know you will all ways get a helping hand . That's it I'm done -- Peace and love . Hecno -- :cooldance:
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

I had a idea , :stir: No till sort of , :mrgreen: What we have here is my second attempt at organic soil , the soil is 5 months old , The pots are 27 ltr same as I have been using for a while now , The soil has been in the pots for around 6 weeks and will have another 4 to 5 weeks to go before I seed them ,[ Saving for some cob lights ] Which means the soil will be over 6 months old , All I have been doing is feeding the soil since the pots went in , I have it covered and keep a eye on the moisture of the soil and there are native worms in the soil and I have seen a number of baby ones , Outside temp is 34 c , but the soil is in semi shade and has been all the time , so the soil temp is 24 c - which I believe is a ideal temp for microbes . A lot of the inputs I have made myself and are local . I am also getting a better understanding what @pop22 is teaching on reusing soil and can be better with age . I also think I have more native microbes than you can pock a stick at . Photo 2 . @Eyes on Fire another teacher [emoji106] , with knobbly knees shares like -- pop -- some amazing info for us , I have seen some of @pop22 [emoji106] plants yield as little as 40 grams ,-- but what stunning plants , a top grower --. I do not follow the yield path as I have no interest in it , It is all about quality to me , hence only 4 pots . I smoked 4 strains today -- GG - LSD -- AM -- Amnesia -- GG , not for me , the other 3 I like depending on what I am doing . You may remember as while back when the Old Flower said Hecno what are ya doing , -- looking at he plants dear -- well she comes home today and says , bloody hell now ya staring at soil - What can a bloke say . :shrug: Now I may ruffle some feathers here --- Stop using Bio char --- It is environmental unsustainable product --- bottom photo shows natural bio char from bush fires , Not store bought . and yes you can get temps hot enough from wild fire to get bio char , just look for the big stumps burning , they can burn for up 2 weeks or longer . , Ya can tell by the sound when you drop it on a hard surface , you will here a -- plink type of sound . @Dankstyle J also has a lot to teach , what he does is awesome [emoji106] @Jraven also doing amazing things in a really bad climate :woohoo1:@Waira gday mate . @Stinky Pete enjoy your path , you know you will all ways get a helping hand . That's it I'm done -- Peace and love . Hecno -- :cooldance:View attachment 793891 View attachment 793892 View attachment 793893 View attachment 793894 View attachment 793895
I make my own biochar with leftover brush and sticks that falls in my yard. I have a drum I throw in a large steel tub (originally used to mix cement around here 50 years ago). Seal the drum, throw it in the tub, cover it with wood, set it on fire, roast some hotdogs with your mates while you wait. [emoji2]

I have some larger outdoor gardens so I use more then the average grower on here. I just started experimenting with this six months ago. I am really trying to build some microbial activity in the soil where chemicals have been used previously.

Speaking of microbes @hecno have you ever read Jeff Lowenfels book "Teaming With Microbes"? If not it is a must read. I am working my way through it for a second time. Extremely interesting. I think I would have paid more attention in biology class if they would have told me it could translate directly into growing as I like to call it "That Stinky Stanky Weed".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

@Tommy McCain No not read the book , but I am on the same page . I have spent many hours studying up on the the topic to understand .I find one thing is reading , but for me the main part is is doing it . I study what I see around me . There comes a time when reading has to stop and hands have to get dirty . :smoking:
I love this song . :thumbsup:

Hell i talk to my soil all the times.I run my fingers thru it ,smell it.Kind of like a girl friend.LOLHell its been a while for that kind of shit.LOLMy soil has been going for 2 years now.It gets better every year.I got another grow starting next week.Looking good brother.I will be watching.Peace please

ya man, making your own from simple source materials is always the way to go. I wished I could do more but I got too much happening.But I dont do any of the stuff I used to do anymore.I just cant maintain doing all that.so,I just keep mostly to myself,but ill add stuff.but I think most dont listen to me anymore anyways. But you guys are doing just fine without me certainly LOL :D

Thats the whole renewal deal Bio Char.you can use it just dont buy it is all. same with Peat for that natter. or anything containing peat really.Some ppl stil relay on it heavily and still use it religiously.that too we need to get away from.

various hardiness from various microbe populations will vary some depending on depth in earth RH and all sorts of thing.but thats a great temp.I personally like more of a 25.5C temp myself not quite 80F though. although 80 isnt terrible if it got an active rhyzospere or however the hell you spell it LOL which help air flow assuming all is on the up n up there should be little if ANY issues honestly with a well laiden soil.some of the best soil I personally used was a touch over a year old.kept indoors for much of the time. but it worked well and was easy to see shifts in feeding and growth characteristics imo.

Nice stuff man as always :)

Back