Hecno's on going organics

Bloody grasshoppers . :cuss::cuss::cuss: They ate my seedlings the buggers . Seems as the sun came out I put them outside , I always keep a eye on them because of the hoppers , but this time I had to duck into town and while I was away the dirty rotten sod had lunch . Maybe I shouldn't have had that extra beer at the pub with me mate , Oh well such is life , Now the photo of the roots , the bigger one was in the tree soil .View attachment 714381 View attachment 714383
This next lot of photos is something I have been playing around with -- my own little worm farm -- Now these blokes are native worms and as I have spent a fair bit of time scratching around in the dirt for them and I have a good idea what they like -- so one day as I am digging the up the old brain had a bit of a flash ,
:cooldance: Why not see if I can farm them . Here is what I done , found some nice organic rich soil filled 2 buckets [ drain holes at the bottom ] covered with shade cloth so the little buggers don't run away . -- worked well -- Then I filled with dirt and placed a layer of well rotted banana plant on top with some fresh straw on top of that , --- Da Da -- Hecno has a worm farm . I do feed them now and again , they seem to like oats [ organic ] I place 20 odd worms in each bucket , I last time I checked there were baby ones in the soil , not sure if they are breeding or were in the soil already .
View attachment 714417 View attachment 714418
My soil , The worms that are in it have grown nice and big , I really love my soil [ just hope it works ] and it is full of life , The one I will be using first is going on 7 months old -- what did I put in it , what ever I could find around me and what is available on line , I have spent a long time studying soil biology , do I know what I am doing -- Narr -- but I will one day , have to start some where . @Eyes on Fire I credit you for this , with your time and effort you put in to teach . :thumbsup:
Now I just have to get them dam photo plants out of my room .:mrgreen: Bring on the autos . :woohoo1:View attachment 714426 View attachment 714427
Hi mate, hope you ok. If ya can find a grasshopper or two, grab em, smashem up and put all the body parts and fluid around the base of your seelings, that will stop the others coming near them. I made up a small frame with shadecloth to cover my sedlings, stops anything big getting to them, i used to have a problem with rats eating my seedings but not now.

Vas , me old mate , where ya been , Not hiding with the wombats . :biggrin: :smoking:
Hey mate, old computer shat itself, got a new ipad but it drives me a bit crazy all this touchy screen shit. Me and technology are drifting apart lol. Gonna run some critical mass autos over winter. Grew some more Blackskull Five-0 photo strain, good cash cropper. Ill be on more often when im used to this ipad :pass:

Vas , me old mate , where ya been , Not hiding with the wombats . :biggrin: :smoking:
Hey mate, old computer shat itself, got a new ipad but it drives me a bit crazy all this touchy screen shit. Me and technology are drifting apart lol. Gonna run some critical mass autos over winter. Grew some more Blackskull Five-0 photo strain, good cash cropper. Ill be on more often when im used to this ipad :pass:

Back