Hecno's on going organics

Guys I just want to share this with you . This is my next batch of soil for my next grow , I have put all the amendments I want in it . I don't have info on what I have put in as in the amount , again a lot of it is home made -- [ I have spent a lot of time researching but ] -- It is no less than 4 months old at this stage and will be another 2 months till I use it . One thing I have done is introduced worms about a around 4 weeks a go -- native ones -- this is one thing I spent time on learning about by sitting in the dirt and finding them . Another interesting thing I was thinking about was feeding them to produce different nutrients to the soil . Now @pop22 I came across a bit of info you posted , I wanted to reply but I could not find the bloody post again , If you have time could reply with your thoughts on this . Makes sense to me . -- So where am I at now with it , all I do is feed the microbes when the soil needs watering and feed the worms . In the first photo in the middle you will see a worm , but trust me there is heaps there , the second photo is worm feed with native microbes growing [ not introduced by me ] The worms are fed by food I have seen them eat in the wild . Now the soil smells sweet and earthy and for want of a better word a fluffy texture , and I have not disturbed the soil in over 2 months . Guys all what I do is by observation and having big ears . I have said this before , read in between the lines of what @pop22
and @Eyes on Fire are sharing with us . :thumbsup:
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

Time for a joint . :smoking: :thumbsup: :vibe:

Its that time again - update - Photos taken yesterday at day 14 .They have only had plain water plus 1 feed of worm casting tea , which I will be doing every Sunday and Lactobacillus with growth enzyme tea . There is one issue @Eyes on Fire The 3rd and 4 th photos - Mexican Airlines - the new growth seems to be yellow , same soil as the others , do you think this is a issue :shrug: Soil ph is around 6.7 .
DSC_0096.JPG
DSC_0097.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0099.JPG
DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG

First time I have seen this little bloke in the yard .
DSC_0094.JPG

Apart from the concern about the Mexican Airlines I am happy the way things are going so far . :thumbsup:

Its that time again - update - Photos taken yesterday at day 14 .They have only had plain water plus 1 feed of worm casting tea , which I will be doing every Sunday and Lactobacillus with growth enzyme tea . There is one issue @Eyes on Fire The 3rd and 4 th photos - Mexican Airlines - the new growth seems to be yellow , same soil as the others , do you think this is a issue :shrug: Soil ph is around 6.7 .View attachment 758476 View attachment 758477 View attachment 758481 View attachment 758482 View attachment 758485 View attachment 758486

First time I have seen this little bloke in the yard .
View attachment 758487

Apart from the concern about the Mexican Airlines I am happy the way things are going so far . :thumbsup:
I grew a Mexican Airlines plant a few months back and found her to be quite temperamental. She did not like too much nitrogen was one thing for sure....I ended up with a pitiful 44 g yield but easily the best smoke out of my four plants. Anything you learn about this strain while growing her please share with me. I want to try this strain again in the fall and use a different nutrient delivery strategy, but it would help to know more about the nature of this strain and her typical deficiencies as well as pH needs....good luck to you!

Well , here we are at day 21 and all is good so far , . The lights I have are Mars hydro , I hope to have some Cobs one day . But you have to do with what you can afford . I have to say for the price I am happy with them , now to the plants , for me this is the best I have ever had them at this stage [ Day 21 ] All I have been doing is watering them , and once a week with Lactobacillus - worm tea - and the Mexican Airlines have had a wee bit of nitrogen . [ Home made fish hydrolysate ]
Thanks @Eyes on Fire and @509Blazer The M.A is no problem at this stage .:thumbsup: I do believe the work I put into the soil is paying off so far . And the next batch will be better again . So the first stage is great , Now I will have to wait and see how the stretch goes [ 2nd stage ] :pop:
DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG
DSC_0130.JPG

I love Sundays , I get to spend the whole day in the garden . Here is my veggie patch 2 weeks later . and my afternoon chill out spot . :biggrin: As I make my own soil each year the veggie patch will get bigger . :thumbsup:
DSC_0131.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG
DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0136.JPG
DJI_0298.JPG
DJI_0282.JPG

Back