Hecno's on going organics

Yup, gotta pay attention to those weather "trends". Although we know Mother has us by the short hairs and Luck is always put n the "spin" on.
Still, we do our best:pass::cheers:
:biggrin: -- which is especially bad if you happen to shave,... :nono: :face: :crying: ...see? See what @RivetGrrl has done to me?!

Ok , we are away , 7 days old today , Gorilla x Cream Cookie that @Skunkist -- Urban Legends -- kindly sent me to try , Thanks to @syd barrett got me onto . It has been 2 strains I have been wanting to grow for a while now , this way I get 2 for one . :biggrin: I'll start with the soil -- I am thinking this is the best one yet [ time will tell ] The reason I say that is because of the local inputs I am finding out about and break down time in the mix , Plus a better understanding of microbes and how they work . -- Now I will have to tell you it is not a stand alone soil , I still will have to use nutrients , But and a big but , The amount I now use is way down . The soil is just over 4 months old and I have around 300 litre of other soil cooking which will be near on 6 months old by time I use it . I have the plants in 27 litre pots , @Waira I am unsure if the pot size is to big , but I am working on root growth with this grow , again we will see the results at the end . Plus I am lazy , I would like to get more out of 4 instead of having a full room :smoking: I also will be doing a lot more basic training this time around because I have the room . :thumbsup:
View attachment 1091368
View attachment 1091369 View attachment 1091370
And here is another thing I am mucking around with , Desert Rose sculpture . I like doing this when I am stoned . :smoker1:
View attachment 1091372 View attachment 1091371

That soil mate, that soil,....:glutton: I'll take 2 scoops! Is it my eyes, or is this batch a little bit more fluffy? I expect each batch you make will be better and better- :bow:... in fact, I rather wouldn't mind it not being totally "water only", I think some wiggle room for stage-to-stage, week-to-week tinkering is wise... Strains being so diverse nowadays! 7gal pots, maybe you're right mate, the extra soil is extra nutes and processing capacity :coffee:.... Is lava, pumice or perlite a no-no for you? I'm just speculating on that pot size, and facilitating some extra breathing for the core zone,...
You have a solid plan my man! :d5: If these strains are big enough by design, they will make use of every spoonful.... going fewer, larger is a smart test too, especially with some nice sexy LST planned- :hump:..... the strain looks killer Hec', so do the other crosses,.. Are the "local"?

cool2.gif
taking the desert roses to a new level! :d5: ...stoned eyes, skilled hands mate- :baked: :wiz: :rofl: those will turn out great! That is tricky work man, I surprised the wood is that flexible on that plant.... You know people will be mental for those,...:eyebrows: $$ -just sayin'!
@hecno , Searles even has a garden soil with ph 6 -7.5 which sounds nice also ( i think that is what you mean by their organic soil or the potting mix as well) . I will be using it right from the shelf. So i left the soil cook in the bags or under a tarp mixed up for the next grow. Great for the guerilla grow to condition the soil for October planting - start them at home then up to the hill :woohoo:
:pass:Smokey, you schemin' for the upcoming season? :eyebrows: :woohoo1:

Here the shizzle, a fresh sample from a friend greenhouse : View attachment 1092663
:drool: drooool,... is that the GCC? ...yum! how's she smell mate?

:biggrin: -- which is especially bad if you happen to shave,... :nono: :face: :crying: ...see? See what @RivetGrrl has done to me?!

That soil mate, that soil,....:glutton: I'll take 2 scoops! Is it my eyes, or is this batch a little bit more fluffy? I expect each batch you make will be better and better- :bow:... in fact, I rather wouldn't mind it not being totally "water only", I think some wiggle room for stage-to-stage, week-to-week tinkering is wise... Strains being so diverse nowadays! 7gal pots, maybe you're right mate, the extra soil is extra nutes and processing capacity :coffee:.... Is lava, pumice or perlite a no-no for you? I'm just speculating on that pot size, and facilitating some extra breathing for the core zone,...
You have a solid plan my man! :d5: If these strains are big enough by design, they will make use of every spoonful.... going fewer, larger is a smart test too, especially with some nice sexy LST planned- :hump:..... the strain looks killer Hec', so do the other crosses,.. Are the "local"?

View attachment 1093276 taking the desert roses to a new level! :d5: ...stoned eyes, skilled hands mate- :baked: :wiz: :rofl: those will turn out great! That is tricky work man, I surprised the wood is that flexible on that plant.... You know people will be mental for those,...:eyebrows: $$ -just sayin'!

:pass:Smokey, you schemin' for the upcoming season? :eyebrows: :woohoo1:

:drool: drooool,... is that the GCC? ...yum! how's she smell mate?

Now you gone and done it, and in Hecno's thread. Poor guy!

Have to post this song, you made it pop in my head. On a side note, saw this guy live, awesome dude. Chatted with him a few times at a festival we attended.

Ok , we are away , 7 days old today , Gorilla x Cream Cookie that @Skunkist -- Urban Legends -- kindly sent me to try , Thanks to @syd barrett got me onto . It has been 2 strains I have been wanting to grow for a while now , this way I get 2 for one . :biggrin: I'll start with the soil -- I am thinking this is the best one yet [ time will tell ] The reason I say that is because of the local inputs I am finding out about and break down time in the mix , Plus a better understanding of microbes and how they work . -- Now I will have to tell you it is not a stand alone soil , I still will have to use nutrients , But and a big but , The amount I now use is way down . The soil is just over 4 months old and I have around 300 litre of other soil cooking which will be near on 6 months old by time I use it . I have the plants in 27 litre pots , @Waira I am unsure if the pot size is to big , but I am working on root growth with this grow , again we will see the results at the end . Plus I am lazy , I would like to get more out of 4 instead of having a full room :smoking: I also will be doing a lot more basic training this time around because I have the room . :thumbsup:
View attachment 1091368
View attachment 1091369 View attachment 1091370
And here is another thing I am mucking around with , Desert Rose sculpture . I like doing this when I am stoned . :smoker1:
View attachment 1091372 View attachment 1091371

Love that training btw! Do you find this species takes well to it or is it something more plants can tolerate?
I'm looking forward to seeing how your soil mix performs as well, I wish I could do the same but lack the local inputs selection at the moment. One day maybe!

Now you gone and done it, and in Hecno's thread. Poor guy!

Have to post this song, you made it pop in my head. On a side note, saw this guy live, awesome dude. Chatted with him a few times at a festival we attended.

I was a big fan of industrial music back in the 90's! Einsturzende Neubauten and all that good stuff. Music was so much more diverse, unique and interesting back in the 80's and 90's than today. You really had to work much harder to find good bands back in the day.

Hi @hecno can I ask a question. It’s been a while but the soil experts seem to congregate at your fine thread!

I just mixed up some soil in fabric pots and just covered the top with their saucer. Like the below. They were drenched with Wood vinegar, EM1 and EM4.
9d4cf8dc069de8ac000faba9799b05e1.jpg

2 days later, I lifted up saucer and saw these white fluffy fungus looking layer on top. Some pots more than others. The pot is made up of around 60% potting soil with zero nutes. 15% or so perlite with about the same amount of Worm poop. The rest are amendments such as mykos, azomite, rock phosphate, neem cake, garden lime.
e53ee3ce7dd315df8b41396b753cee0d.jpg

baef735f25b2c4124098af00e9cf0da7.jpg

Is this good or bad? Should I lift the saucers? Keep it as it is? Or?

I was a big fan of industrial music back in the 90's! Einsturzende Neubauten and all that good stuff. Music was so much more diverse, unique and interesting back in the 80's and 90's than today. You really had to work much harder to find good bands back in the day.

Awesome, I still listen to all the older stuff and all the new stuff. There is still some good stuff to be found, especially attending the live shows and finding new bands at festivals. I still remember the fist time I heard Skinny Puppy....

Hi @hecno can I ask a question. It’s been a while but the soil experts seem to congregate at your fine thread!

I just mixed up some soil in fabric pots and just covered the top with their saucer. Like the below. They were drenched with Wood vinegar, EM1 and EM4.
9d4cf8dc069de8ac000faba9799b05e1.jpg

2 days later, I lifted up saucer and saw these white fluffy fungus looking layer on top. Some pots more than others. The pot is made up of around 60% potting soil with zero nutes. 15% or so perlite with about the same amount of Worm poop. The rest are amendments such as mykos, azomite, rock phosphate, neem cake, garden lime.
e53ee3ce7dd315df8b41396b753cee0d.jpg

baef735f25b2c4124098af00e9cf0da7.jpg

Is this good or bad? Should I lift the saucers? Keep it as it is? Or?

I will let the experts weigh in, but I believe that is mycelium, specifically, hyphae growing. Probably the Mykos, if so, it's good shit :smoking:

Awesome, I still listen to all the older stuff and all the new stuff. There is still some good stuff to be found, especially attending the live shows and finding new bands at festivals. I still remember the fist time I heard Skinny Puppy....

I will let the experts weigh in, but I believe that is mycellium, specifically, hyphae growing. Probably the Mykos, if so, it's good shit :smoking:

Thank you so much sis! Like I said, the experts are all here!

I remember seeing hecno post a similar picture a long time ago. I think he was making some fungus. Forgot the details on whether it was good or not? Thanks for enlightening me! Any further advice?

Thank you so much sis! Like I said, the experts are all here!

I remember seeing hecno post a similar picture a long time ago. I think he was making some fungus. Forgot the details on whether it was good or not? Thanks for enlightening me! Any further advice?

Oh crap I'm no soil expert!!! I'm a hydro whore :smoking:

But I use these components in my grows, and my outdoor veggies. But I'm not one of the experts. I was gonna say all have hypha (or many hyphae, not like there is only one filament). Just is it good or bad hyphae? I use Myco-Grow on many things, including starting seeds and I get the mycelium mat forming until I have misted enough to disperse it more. Damn you should see the tap root!

Just wait for the real guns to come by. I just didn't want you to chuck the soil if you were really concerned. Plus this stuff excites me in ways it shouldn't :crying:

Back