Fuggzy's little happy trees!

@Fuggzy They look pretty cool. I am finding this type of thing a lot. these companies are set up to sell to industry/business.
Two main options are open as far as I can see.
One is to buy multiple chips and start selling grow lights or Two buy multiple chips and ebay them.
There are gonna be other people like us who wan't to get their hands on components , who also don't wanna buy in bulk.
DIY kits could also be sold, for people to put together themselves.
I will keep looking to see if I can find them being sold as single chips and let you know if I do find them.
I wanted to buy two chip holder from digi-key or Farnel can't remember which, ech was £2.75 plus £5 postage and an additional fee of £25 just to send me two chip holders :nono:

@arty zan Some of the guys I spoke with at Ic where doing bulk buys together so they could get the top bin CXA. I have had the same thought as you before. In reality it wouldn't be hard, just time consuming to get them put together. Even as a weekend project though, you could recoup that money quickly. However, $525 is to much for this fucker w/o seeing it in action. I'm going to have a look around too.

I just noticed the stats.... They look to be constant voltage, not constant current. That would require different drivers, strange.
Current - Test 3.2A
Temperature - Test 25°C
Voltage - Forward (Vf) (Typ) 2V
Lumens/Watt @ Current - Test 63 lm/W
Current - Max 27A
3.2a @ 2v would only be 6.4w.... @27a it would be 54w. So for of how most LED run, lets call it a 25w unit, argument sake. 25w watts at 624nm red, on a chip measuring 10mm x 11mm sounds pretty good.

The blue would be
Current - Test 3.15A
Temperature - Test 25°C
Voltage - Forward (Vf) (Typ) 3.4V
Lumens/Watt @ Current - Test 17 lm/W
Current - Max 27A
so a rang of 10.71w-85.05w and a medium of ~37w.

The current rating looks weird, but if it doesn't require a special driver, or at least a stupid expensive 1, I'd like to try some out. This would be so much nicer than stringing up 3w diodes all damn day. I'll have a look around too, and see if I can get any info.

Now this here is a happy rabbit. He has been bugging of for about 20 minutes now. I love this little guy.

Attachments

• 1460652929895-934855552.jpg
    1460652929895-934855552.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 320
full
My ol' buddy Merlin. He's been feeding the comfrey grove for several years now, fun bun he was.
That a good looking bunny! Sorry to hear hes not here anymore, but it sounds like you two enjoyed each other. How old was he? Carbonfoot is only about 16 months now. He loves my son, who happens to be a hyper toddler who on occasion yells right at the bunny. He gets so excited the bunny want to be near him, and bellows one out, but the bunny doesn't seem to care. Oh, he scares my wife's cat too, so that kinda awesome.

We had rabbits in the house for about 20 years, it was great run. They can be real personalities. The first one was a refugee looking for a home. It took a while to figure him out but the House Rabbit Society was a big help. We soon got him a girlfriend and always had a pair after that. They were much loved...It was a tough decision to not replace the last one. Haven't had any hairy critters for a rew years.

We had rabbits in the house for about 20 years, it was great run. They can be real personalities. The first one was a refugee looking for a home. It took a while to figure him out but the House Rabbit Society was a big help. We soon got him a girlfriend and always had a pair after that. They were much loved...It was a tough decision to not replace the last one. Haven't had any hairy critters for a rew years.
Thats pretty awesome @Jraven. I want to get another, however the wife did put here little foot down. I can have another male, or I can clip Carbonfoot, and get a female. No BABIES! My wife is a small woman, but I swear, when she means it, she grows like 2 more feet, and looks damn serious.:rofl:
Although we where looking at some, I think they where English lops, and she almost caved in. One took a particular liking to her, and when she picked it, I thought for sure we just got a new pet. Shes a strong woman. That bunny already had a name in my head.

Just a bit of updates on the tent.

My first seed to show itself from the new batch was SourMango by N.W. It only took 24 hours in the soil. I'm pretty happy to try this lasy, as I believe it is my only strain by NW. I am hoping to get a tall pheno, I saw a few that NW posted and they looked to be man size. So far, as of bed time, thats the only to break ground.
DSCN2428[1].JPG

So I'm pretty happy, and a bit proud to report everything in my new soil looks good. No nute burn, no signs of struggle, just happy green plants. They have only received 1 feed of molasses, and tm-7. Everything else has just been straight water. This is actuall 2 days ago, I guess I forgot a group shot last night. I'll get 1 with white light today. I did remove the 2 runts to make more room for the Bubba Kush auto. They are outside for now, and may go in the micro cab.
DSCN2421[1].JPG

So far I have 2 suspected males, both CA (2&5, I believe, was rather tired) Every CA male has shown sex by day 20 so far.
DSCN2429[1].JPG
DSCN2430[1].JPG

This leaves me with 2 AR, and 2 CA to show sex now. I really hope the other 2 CA are females, and atleast 1 is a stunner. I will be making a bunch more seeds, and continue the breeding. These are my last CA seeds, and I have a lot of faith in a good mom.

They whole tent should get their first taste of compost tea in the next day or two.

So I went ahead and dumped my no-tills. Although happy with them, I didn't feel they where all they could be. I am doing a up-cycle with the soil ratios as the current soil. I was pretty happy to see this soil, and get the chance to inspect it. I found TONS of worm castings, lots of fungi, and just loose, nice smelling soil. Oh man it was like being a proud father to a bunny again, lol. Although lots of people think red wigglers are the best thing for a gardener, and they can be, they are just not for pots. They are surface dwellers, and will escape the first chance, lesson learned here. However, Canadian Night Crawlers are subterranean dwellers, and will only come up to eat. Rest of the time the tend to stay at the bottom of the pot. By doing this they keep the soil very aerated, and leave trails of casting all through the soil. I'll be catching lots more of these when I an to add to the new no-tills.
DSCN2422[1].JPG
DSCN2423[1].JPG DSCN2425[1].JPG

Thats about it for now. Still waiting on some of the gear to move the tent. Amazon messed my order up, and sent me the wrong silencer... So till next time, take care guys.

Back