Outdoor Forbiddenx's 2018 Late Start

I should have labeled this years outdoor journal "Little Green Caterpillar Battle 2018" or something more profane along those lines...

FSA # 1 Day 24, FSA [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 22, FSA [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Day 21, AK47 [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] Day 21, Mystery Sprout [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] Day 10, DeadHead OG [HASHTAG]#6[/HASHTAG] Zero Day.
DSCF2151.JPG DSCF2151.JPG DSCF2153.JPG DSCF2154.JPG DSCF2155.JPG DSCF2156.JPG

The soil mix I settled on is a 90/10 mix of Organic soil (peat moss, vermiculite, pumice, bone meal, blood meal, cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal and earthworm castings) & Worm Gold Casings. The soil is right at 5.6 Ph and hoping to raise it up slowly with the increased RO Ph 6 w/Nutes +.5 which is what I typically get when testing water PH. I plan to do a test on the runoff from the Airpots this week just to make sure I'm dialed in and documented in my personal grow notes. This years soil mix retains water well and with the 80f+ days we had recently I'm good for 2 waterings a week. As well I still get about a 10% runoff so I'm personally happy with the runoff/retention i'm seeing. I'm sure as the season rolls on, June Gloom disappears, and the girls get thirsty I will moving right along nicely.

FSA#1&2&3 Seem to moving along nicely and hit them all with 3/4 strength feed of 3Tbs BB & 2Tbs GB yesterday with no signs of issues so far other than the critters.
DSCF2151.JPG DSCF2157.JPG DSCF2152.JPG DSCF2158.JPG DSCF2153.JPG
AK47 [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] is an Advanced Seeds Auto Skunk and it got munched by the caterpillars and almost a goner. I'm going to see if it recovers but so far I was not impressed with Adv Seeds I received. 2/3 seeds sprouted very slowly and one would not release the husk properly and died off. This one wasn't looking so good to begin with before the critters. I wouldn't buy this again.
DSCF2155.JPG
Mystery Sprout [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] it survived the pests and recovering so I hope it doesn't stunt it. Waiting to see sign of sex and determine what I'm going to do.
DSCF2154.JPG
DeadHead OG [HASHTAG]#6[/HASHTAG] After the C99 tragedy I decided to pop one of these from Cali Connection. Its a sativa dominate hybrid photo period that I grew last year and yielded nicely and smoked even better. It sits in a jar because its pretty strong and friends and family would rather smoke the Kilimanjaro. I think I know what to do to increase last years yield and have a person in mind for this medicinally.
DSCF2150.JPG DSCF2156.JPG

I moved everything out of my organic vegetable garden area because of the buggers to a different S Facing part of the yard that doesn't have that issue which I grew in last year. Once my squash & swiss chard are done I will move them back. Part of my Urban Crop Rotation! Which by the way I've had to deal with rats this year... The body count stands at 10 but I had heavy vegetable casualties this year with my eggplants and Japanese cucumbers The veggies i have eaten have been awesome and have a plum tomato plant that's about 7ft tall and growing and the blackberry bushes are looking good too.
DSCF2159.JPG DSCF2160.JPG

I also have some Dutch Passion Durban Poison Auto's and Humbolt Blue Dream Auto's in route. Really looking forward to doing these and if anyone has grown either outdoors I would love to hear your feedback.

The one thing I have learned this year is keep the sprouts in doors a little longer and bring them in at night like last year for the first few weeks. Would have definitely prevented my Caterpillar casualties.

Day 26 - Everyone got a nice dose of Sensi CalMag 1Tbs / 2G of RO and today it's looking like a made a slight difference. Will now be introducing that into the feeding rotation below. Will probably also add in some Bush Dr to help prevent lockout 1-2x a month. The relocation away from the pests has paid off. The DH OG is just cracking the surface and looking forward to the transplant in a couple weeks as its a photo period grow. Didn't finish until late Oct last year.

Feed - BB/GB
RO Water
Feed - BB/GB
RO Water
Feed - CalMag
Water

Day 27 - Nice Sunny Day Today and the Flash Super Auto's are looking good. Reaching up to the sky!
DSCF2163.JPG

FSA [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] Day 27 - Reaching for the Sky at 8"+ and the main is getting fatter and the internodes are buidling nicely.
DSCF2161.JPG
DSCF2164.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF2162.JPG
    DSCF2162.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 133
They are growing and stretching out really nicely right now. I think they are really liking the airpots outdoors and the weather has been in the 70-80's range. They are also sucking up the nutrients very well. Very excited to see how these super auto's!

Day 30 AK47 Auto Skunk
I was able to get this girl transplanted before I went fishing this weekend. Did some additional trimming of the lower two nodes so that It would put everything into the top of the plant. It looks like its recovering from the insect trauma and might actually pull though.
Still not strong enough for a 2018 grow battle submission
:redcard:

Day 20 Mystery Sprout
I'm think this is looking and smelling more like Green Crack and just waiting for sex.

Day 30-33 Flash Super Auto's are looking really good and did a little minor trim on the lower portion but these are looking like they will turn into some substantial bushes. Will be interesting to see how long before they flower.

All the girls got more BB/GB today with their RO and are show no signs of any nutrient issues.

Wholy crap these girls are growing fast!

FSA [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] Day 35
DSCF2210.JPG DSCF2215.JPG
FSA [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 33
DSCF2211.JPG DSCF2216.JPG
FSA [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] Day 31
DSCF2212.JPG DSCF2217.JPG
Mystery [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] Day 23
DSCF2213.JPG DSCF2218.JPG
AK47 [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] Day 31
DSCF2214.JPG DSCF2219.JPG

It topped out at 112F & 35% today @3pm in this weird 1-2 day heatwave. I wasn't sure if the girls would like the heat but at 1pm they were looking great and loving the sun but did move them to the shade and gave them a good watering / feeding so that the 5Gal Airpot didn't overheat the root ball. The look like happy cactus on a hot desert day. WTF
DSCF2220.JPG

DSCF2221.JPG
The FSA's are branching out nicely and the Mystery Sprout was named Britney to put positive female energy out to the plan. LOL my wife's friend was the donor of this one. It's looking more and more like green crack but Britney it is!
DSCF2222.JPG

I introduced Open Sesame into the feeding for the FSA/AK47. The FSA which I really don't know if their truly super auto's are looking good and have not done any training so far and almost no pruning. I would be interested to see what the real difference here is going to be? going into the start of week 6.

Last edited:
Back