New Grower Grunt's Third Grow

Everyone looking pretty happy. Northern Lights in lower middle is really starting to get ugly on the poor leaves that had early bug damage, pulled the worst one and it fell right off. Trichs are starting to get some amber, maybe 5% or so. Fed yesterday evening at 85% strength or so of "mid flowering" Nectar only gave about 400ml, should need fed again this evening, if amber is progressing noticeably I will switch to "late flower" feed schedule at next feed and take her a day at a time, otherwise at least a couple more feeds at current rate are in order. Kush in back left is just starting to get some cloudiness on the buds and a little amber on the leaves, at least a couple more feeds of "mid-flowering" schedule. Jack Herer in back right is really starting to cloud up. Some amber on the leaves, but not seeing any on the buds yet. The trich's are like 3x as long on the plant as the others, must be the Haze influence. So beautiful under the loupe! The 2L bottles are both RQS Bubble Kush Auto's for the friendly 2L competition and coming along nicely, been flowering about 2 weeks now and need 3-5 more. They really smell like Bubblegum and it brings me back to 1997 smoking with my buddies in high school, it was always Skunk, Northern Lights, or Bubblegum you could hit a bowl of 17-20 times before it was toasted it was so sticky and burned so slow. One smells like straight bubblegum, the other has a berry kick to it, but can't define which specific berry just yet, or if it's like a fruit punch thing. Lots of trimming to come. :smoking:
IMG_1946.JPG

Also, took the 2.5 gallons roughly from the Quick One's planter and dumped it in my big Sterilite tote (with 2G still in from last mix), added 16 quarts of Black Gold Organic potting soil with fertilizer (worm castings at .05-0-0) for the composted forest goodies, 4 more quarts of perlite, appropriate amount of Azomite, Bat Guano (0-5-0), worm castings, kelp meal, and half strength Myco's. Watered lightly with aerated water with some Nectar For The Gods Aphrodite's Extraction (carbon to feed the microbes) and their PH adjusters to get things in the right range. Will sprout a couple more seeds once the N. Lights and Jack are ready to be chopped down. I have some RQS seeds still to choose from and want to use them up before getting more. I believe I will be buying more RQS seeds next time around as well, but am having a hell of a time deciding!

Damn it's been a couple weeks since I updated this. The roughly ounce from the Quick One is smoked and gone, very yummy stuff once it was cured, but I smoked it heavily once initially dried and it was pretty nice from day one. Also chopped the Northern Lights about 2 weeks ago and it has been jarred for a week or so, not nearly as tasty fresh as the QO, but a nice relaxing buzz that totally invokes deep and amazing sleep when overindulged, and that is only with maybe 10% amber. Jack got the chop this morning after a nice overnight stay on my patio outside. My bedroom reeked of some damn fine cannabis all night and still smells amazing as she dries in the closet. I am going to do my best to only sample smoke this once a week and try to make it last. Jack Herer is one of my all time favorites and this is by far the best plant I have grown yet. The Seedsman Kush is just a few days from being cut, she still had some clear trichs and not a ton of amber, but continuing to flush with bone meal and its awesome to see things fatten up every day. Buds are rock hard already and covered with orange hairs. Once that plant is chopped it's only my two liter fun competition plants left (2 RQS Bubble Kush) and a month or so off to keep up with life in general. Thanks everyone who followed along on my third canna adventure! :smoking:

Nice work!

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Nice job man, got any pics of the quick one? How did she yield? How do u like her smoke, I'm gonna try some I been curing for about 3 months now and see how she rocks my world at work tonight.

@midIN Thanks man. Life got too busy and the weather got too hot. It only yielded maybe an ounce dried. But the smoke was pretty tasty and smooth once in the jar for a bit, got me a bit buzzed but took a few bowls to get high. But, I expected as much from a strain that is only supposed to hit 13% or so THC. I cut down the Kush this morning, will probably get an ounce and a half off it. Smells nice and earthy/a bit spicy. I will try and snap a pic later of the hanging plant. The Jack just got jarred up, probably an ounce and a half or so and smells amazing already. I have been smoking on a larfy Northern Lights that isn't really cured, but amber enough I don't think it needs it besides to kill the taste of the stems and stuff. But it got flushed enough and I used mellow enough nutrients that it really doesn't taste that bad to begin with, freshly dried.

@midIN Here is a smattering... Jack Herer in jar, larfy Northern Lights in jar, main Kush top with quart jar of kief box materials for perspective, and whole Kush plant. I only trimmed part of the kush plant down to the calyxes, will finish the rest this evening.

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

Back