New Grower Grunt's Third Grow

Maybe a touch, I believe from reading other things that it may have been because I fed straight into very dry soil, when I should have wet it a touch first with PH'ed water, then gave the food. They didn't claw out or anything and die, so I think things are going ok.

6/3/18 Day 49

Royal Queen Seeds Quick One getting bulkier by the day and smelling very nice. Still drinking quite a bit, but slowing down some. Very sticky and a very obvious layer of resin on everything close to a bud. This stuff is going to be so very yummy. Going to feed once or twice more then switch to PH'ed water, unless of course there is no sign of an imminent finish, then it will be keep plugging along and hope for some heft.
View attachment 914621

Seedsman Kush got supercropped to expose the lower bud sites more than needing it for height. She seems to have taken it well and I tied it down with a soft tie to keep her from trying to stand back up. This plant should be loaded with nugs from the looks of how she is growing and still 3-4 weeks left, in theory.
View attachment 914622

Royal Queen Seeds Jack Herer has 3-4 weeks left as well, should make some nice nugs from what is growing so far. Light drinker compared to the rest I am currently growing.
View attachment 914623

Royal Queen Seeds Northern Lights has just about finished stretching I do believe, but she has surprised me so far with the abuse I have put her through, so maybe a few more days yet. One can only hope! This plant has 3-4 weeks left as well, hoping it is the next one done after the Quick One as I haven't smoked any Northern Lights worth talking about for over 15 years. Has some leaf damage from rubbing, but otherwise seems quite happy.
View attachment 914624

Have fun growing everyone :smoking:
Looking good bub for sure the quick one will get a lot bigger for u I can assure you of that. Think I pretty wl have the full Royal catalog can't wait to run the gorilla and critical and cookies from by them.

It sounds like she should fatten up a bit more as I flush her out with just PH'ed water and Herculean Harvest, according to my feed schedule booklet. It looks like a lot of people let the plants go a while so they get fatter, but I am more about getting her done and when the trich's are cloudy she gets chopped. Don't really want any amber if avoidable, but of course there is already quite a bit on the sugar leaves. I need a better loupe, but with my cheese ball 8x things are starting to look nice. Father's Day is coming!

And I too would love to run their whole lineup, but for auto's they will have to wait, I'm thinking about doing one photo plant and lots of training for my next run. My light just isn't capable enough to get four plants through the roof, and one auto won't put enough weight on for my needs to last the two to three months it will take to restock my supply. So, aim for one very heavy producer and do the 12/12 thing until fall weather turns cool, then run some auto's again over the winter once I get better lighting. If you have any suggestions for heavy producers on their photo lineup I am all ears as well!

It sounds like she should fatten up a bit more as I flush her out with just PH'ed water and Herculean Harvest, according to my feed schedule booklet. It looks like a lot of people let the plants go a while so they get fatter, but I am more about getting her done and when the trich's are cloudy she gets chopped. Don't really want any amber if avoidable, but of course there is already quite a bit on the sugar leaves. I need a better loupe, but with my cheese ball 8x things are starting to look nice. Father's Day is coming!

And I too would love to run their whole lineup, but for auto's they will have to wait, I'm thinking about doing one photo plant and lots of training for my next run. My light just isn't capable enough to get four plants through the roof, and one auto won't put enough weight on for my needs to last the two to three months it will take to restock my supply. So, aim for one very heavy producer and do the 12/12 thing until fall weather turns cool, then run some auto's again over the winter once I get better lighting. If you have any suggestions for heavy producers on their photo lineup I am all ears as well!
I think any gorilla or northern lights from most breeders will be have producers and fast run times to get you going and covered from start to finish to build a stock pile to be able to run some autos, or some from Dutch Passion auto ultimate or the other one monster one they have. I have fire glue and glue cookies going for some heavy long lasting weight to have around.

So many choices. I could definitely work for Seedsman, strains are one of my favorite parts of growing, just picking them out is a blast. It would be a lot of fun to breed as well, or grow on a craft/small commercial scale with all self made super soil, try to keep it simple for the large quantity of plants. Man I get side tracked daydreaming a lot!

6/12/18 Day 58 Clockwise from front left:

The @RoyalQueenSeeds Quick One starting to wind down a bit, citrusy terps are giving way to a bit of a grapey kick, but citrus still underlying, a bit vanilla or something creamy but not too sweet as well. Smells amazing though and I can't wait to :smoking: it. Some yellowing off leaves are a great sign, based on what I read by @Muddy earlier today. Tomorrow her pot should be light enough to throw down at least one last feed, going to lighten up on the N and go about 1/4 strength, but keep the P and K up close to full strength.

The Seedsman Kush is doing very nicely as well, seems to have liked the supercropping as the main is fattening up nicely and no signs of stress. Some yellowing leaves as well, but minimal and nothing to cause alarm as far as I can tell.

RQS Jack Herer is starting to fatten up a bit as well. She likes my conditions the best I believe, as her pistils are the longest, fattest, and straightest of the crew, and she just looks very happy. Smells are hard for me to define, what I would call rich butter and some mellow spicy notes, but definitely smelling like some good ol' Jack Herer. :biggrin:

RQS Northern Lights is a hardy plant that can handle some abuse. I am sure she would be much larger had I not stunted her with stem breakage early on. Also has some very slowly yellowing off leaves, but most are still looking great besides the minor bug damage.

IMG_1786.JPG

Nice work, they are looking good.
6/12/18 Day 58 Clockwise from front left:

The @RoyalQueenSeeds Quick One starting to wind down a bit, citrusy terps are giving way to a bit of a grapey kick, but citrus still underlying, a bit vanilla or something creamy but not too sweet as well. Smells amazing though and I can't wait to :smoking: it. Some yellowing off leaves are a great sign, based on what I read by @Muddy earlier today. Tomorrow her pot should be light enough to throw down at least one last feed, going to lighten up on the N and go about 1/4 strength, but keep the P and K up close to full strength.

The Seedsman Kush is doing very nicely as well, seems to have liked the supercropping as the main is fattening up nicely and no signs of stress. Some yellowing leaves as well, but minimal and nothing to cause alarm as far as I can tell.

RQS Jack Herer is starting to fatten up a bit as well. She likes my conditions the best I believe, as her pistils are the longest, fattest, and straightest of the crew, and she just looks very happy. Smells are hard for me to define, what I would call rich butter and some mellow spicy notes, but definitely smelling like some good ol' Jack Herer. [emoji3]

RQS Northern Lights is a hardy plant that can handle some abuse. I am sure she would be much larger had I not stunted her with stem breakage early on. Also has some very slowly yellowing off leaves, but most are still looking great besides the minor bug damage.

View attachment 918064

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

6/19/18 Day 65 (Pic from yesterday) QuickOne almost there, everything is nice and cloudy and the pistils are starting to recede. 90F here today, back to 70's next week, waiting to chop another couple days, but might do it earlier as I don't want much amber if possible. The heat has me holding off for too rapid of dry time. Kush and Jack are both about the same place, 2-3 weeks out, Northern Lights maybe a week earlier. Happy growing y'all! :smoking:

IMG_1797.JPG

Everything looking great in there Grunt! LST worked nicely and kept everything compact.. got any pics in 'natural' light? :thumbsup: I really need to hone in to LST with limited tent space and height restrictions.. my dwarf is just finishing up but think LST'ing her would've worked nicely..

Back