New Grower Fog Dog in a Earthbox jr

Got home just before her sleep to end Day 26.

Rez was dry and filled it back up.
Happy to see the rez dry and the earthbox now acting like the first grow.
Should now take around 3 days for the next fill.

When she wakes up I will spread her out.
Not sure if I will put the net up yet.
She will go to 18-6 light later in the week when 85f weather comes back.
Going to be trying to dodge high heat til harvest.

1646164879279.jpg

1646164918797.jpg

1646164940385.jpg

Got home just before her sleep to end Day 26.

Rez was dry and filled it back up.
Happy to see the rez dry and the earthbox now acting like the first grow.
Should now take around 3 days for the next fill.

When she wakes up I will spread her out.
Not sure if I will put the net up yet.
She will go to 18-6 light later in the week when 85f weather comes back.
Going to be trying to dodge high heat til harvest.

View attachment 1426305
View attachment 1426306
View attachment 1426307
Why do you change your light schedule? I know what my par range is with my light at different percentage. For the seedlings I run the light @40% and around 24". This puts them in the 150-250 range... As the get around week 3 I adjust the light so it's closer to 12" and this puts them in the 300-400 par range for veg. And when they start to flower I leave the light @12" and bump it to 60% which puts me in the 700-850 range for flower. But I don't change the light schedule. I'm currently running 20/4 but I may go to 18/6. I am hearing there isn't much difference between the two to justify running the lights another 2 hours.

I find it easier to control Temps this way.
I don't like to run heaters so I use the light as much as possible.

Now with more 85f days coming I will have to extend lights out.
Storage room gets too hot.

I can understand that... My grow area this winter has stayed in the low to mid 60s... So I run a heater to keep my grow room around 70-73 which keeps my tent temps in the mid to upper 70's. I seem to be able to get my humidity up to 45-50% but during veg I have not been able to get it higher. Now that I'm in flower I keep it at 45 and it stays there most of the time. During veg I was filling the humidifier every day. Now I don't really have to fill it. The plants keep it around 40% by themselves.

My soil mix for my earthbox run was a 1/3 mix of Coco and happy frog, with 1/3 pumice and rice hulls, and a 1/3 mix of worm castings and compost. But I have recently realized the true coot mix also includes crab meal, kelp meal, basalt, and Neem Seed meal... So I ordered all of these and I will add it to my soil mix. I am still waiting for my other 2 earthboxes.

Last edited:
I can understand that... My grow area this winter has stayed in the low to mid 60s... So I run a heater to keep my grow room around 70-73 which keeps my tent temps in the mid to upper 70's. I seem to be able to get my humidity up to 45-50% but during veg I have not been able to get it higher. Now that I'm in flower I keep it at 45 and it stays there most of the time. During veg I was filling the humidifier every day. Now I don't really have to fill it. The plants keep it around 40% by themselves.
That is why I run 24/7 just at lower ppfd, Can contol humidity and don't run a heater. I am 500w for a heater and the dehumidifier is 450w .
Not that the dehumidifier doesn't run just not full blast all night. Going to run photos over the summer so I will see if it is more economical.

Wrapping the tent with reflectix makes a big difference.
Surprised how much warmth stays in the tent.

Wrapping the tent with reflectix makes a big difference.
Surprised how much warmth stays in the tent.
I don't think my light puts off much heat because it is a bar style... Almost 4x4 in size and I'm only running it at 40-60% at any given point. And I have to run a carbon filter... Now I could probably get away with not running it for the first 3-4 weeks which would help a lot with heat and humidity in veg...

I don't think my light puts off much heat because it is a bar style... Almost 4x4 in size and I'm only running it at 40-60% at any given point. And I have to run a carbon filter... Now I could probably get away with not running it for the first 3-4 weeks which would help a lot with heat and humidity in veg...
They give off more than you think. I am sure there has to be a BTU calculator just got out of the room the tent is in, it was 75f the rest of the house is 70f and will drop down to 70f at night when the rest is at 65f.

I don't run the exhaust until flower when it is time to start reducing humidity.

Back