Outdoor First outdoor winter grow. Southern hemisphere

Hey mate what have you found to be the best way to start your photo girls for spring? should I start them inside under cfl's and then put outside? And if so what lidht schedule should I use so they don't go straight to flowering stage?@thegavfrog ?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Mate I’ve just always started them outdoors, clone a few and grow on or whatever, I’m trying to work it out myself, I’ve always year round gone indoors for veg then outdoors for flower, they start flowering straight away when u put them out if they have been on 18/6 light.

Nuggets

Hey mate i was just wondering when/how you start your photo plants for summer? I want to try and get some monster's happening but am unsure of how/when to start them for our sun hours.
I found we have till the second week of October before they reveg . So i would plan on having them outdoor now to give you 13 weeks to finish , Allow 2 weeks for transition . --- I am FNQ --

I just plant the seeds in clear cups using seed raising mix and hide the cups in Razer grass until there 4 inches tall with 4 sets of leaves . the last 2 years I've had problems with early flowering planted them outdoors beginning of September like I having for the last 15 years. But if your growing indoors and putting the seedlings outdoors I would put them on 18/6 there whole indoor life and put them outdoors around 20th October. That will give you over 3 months of outdoor veg . if your after free Xmas buds all you do Is grow a few female seedlings under 24 hours of light for about 6 weeks keep tipping them until there nice little bushes and put them outdoors early September. The plants will grow for 2 weeks then flower .you should get a couple of ounces off each plant. Make sure the strains are 8 and under flowering strains.

Awesome so if I have them on 18/6 indoors and they r 5 foot tall, if I put them out on the 20th of October I will still get 3 months veg? I suppose u would eh?
Thanks for the info

Nuggets

So it would be ok to put clones out at the end of September after they have been on 18/6 without them going straight to flowering?

I found we have till the second week of October before they reveg . So i would plan on having them outdoor now to give you 13 weeks to finish , Allow 2 weeks for transition . --- I am FNQ --

So as mentioned above if u want to go from 18/6 vegging inside to continuous vegging outside the time would be after 2nd week in October roughly and they will continue to grow? @henco @the green bandit

Nuggets

Thanks for the advice mate much appreciated
I just plant the seeds in clear cups using seed raising mix and hide the cups in Razer grass until there 4 inches tall with 4 sets of leaves . the last 2 years I've had problems with early flowering planted them outdoors beginning of September like I having for the last 15 years. But if your growing indoors and putting the seedlings outdoors I would put them on 18/6 there whole indoor life and put them outdoors around 20th October. That will give you over 3 months of outdoor veg . if your after free Xmas buds all you do Is grow a few female seedlings under 24 hours of light for about 6 weeks keep tipping them until there nice little bushes and put them outdoors early September. The plants will grow for 2 weeks then flower .you should get a couple of ounces off each plant. Make sure the strains are 8 and under flowering strains.

Back