Outdoor First outdoor winter grow. Southern hemisphere

Thanks @912GreenSkell much appreciated it is actually because of one of Maria's journal's that i started this grow in winter

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Hey there @the green bandit ! Welcome to AFN!!!
So happy my last crazy winter grow experiment and thread helped inspire you to do this grow.
I was going to guess you're in northern Aus, but you just said somewhere in Queensland.
You sound like you know what you're doing, and the temp control, lighting, and soil / fert situation sounds good.
Keep on posting here, and feel free to tag me with " @Maria Sanchez " if you do some pic updates, haha.
All the best!

Thanks @912GreenSkell much appreciated it is actually because of one of Maria's journal's that i started this grow in winter

So happy my last crazy winter grow experiment and thread helped inspire you to do this grow.
I was going to guess you're in northern Aus, but you just said somewhere in Queensland.
You sound like you know what you're doing, and the temp control, lighting, and soil / fert situation sounds good.
Keep on posting here, and feel free to tag me with " @Maria Sanchez " if you do some pic updates, haha.
All the best!

@Maria Sanchez you're last crazy winter grow was the first journal that i ever read. I read your journal one night and ordered my beans the next day. I thought if you could pull off a grow in winter doing it guerilla i might just be able to as well, although i don't have to be to sneaky i live on a cattle station that is the size of some small European countries. Since reading your journal i think that I have read just about everything you and @912GreenSkell have rote about outdoor growing on AFN. I am beyond happy that you both took time out of your day to check out my first grow. I will update pictures soon and tag you
All the best!

how many hours of daylight do you get? We get 15.5 hours of daylight on the longest day of the season and we lose 2-3 minutes daily after that.
We are currently only getting about 10.5 but around summer solstice we get around 14. I am lucky enough to be able to put my girls out where they can get every available minute of sun. I just re potted my biggest girl in a 3.5 gal pot so she can spend the nights outside unless it is going to be cold and I will bring her inside. I was going to plant her in the ground in a pre amended hole but desided the pot will be best with a few cold nights to come. Do you think that that is enough daylight for her? We will have around 11 hours of sun by the end of the month. Next grow i will be using your insta transplant pot idea, although she came out of her old pot with minimal damage.

Sounds like a stellar place for some monster sized photo plants!!!!! Obviously you have read the monster training guide right?
I think i have but i will be sure to re read it before i start with my photos. Your photo plants this year look amazing by the way. I would be happy if i could grow a plant half that well. But you have to crawl before you can run. I am also like you with spinal problems and have quit with the pharmaceutical stuff. What strains have you found best for your ailments?

We are currently only getting about 10.5 but around summer solstice we get around 14. I am lucky enough to be able to put my girls out where they can get every available minute of sun. I just re potted my biggest girl in a 3.5 gal pot so she can spend the nights outside unless it is going to be cold and I will bring her inside. I was going to plant her in the ground in a pre amended hole but desided the pot will be best with a few cold nights to come. Do you think that that is enough daylight for her? We will have around 11 hours of sun by the end of the month. Next grow i will be using your insta transplant pot idea, although she came out of her old pot with minimal damage.

For autos yes absolutely 10 hours of direct is decent. For photos though, they would start to flower as soon as you put them out. Can you run through your plan for photos with me?

I think i have but i will be sure to re read it before i start with my photos. Your photo plants this year look amazing by the way. I would be happy if i could grow a plant half that well. But you have to crawl before you can run. I am also like you with spinal problems and have quit with the pharmaceutical stuff. What strains have you found best for your ailments?

I find Blueberry genetics to work well, as well as white widows. More important than strains for me though, is the method of ingestion. Smoking works well as a mental distraction from severe 24/7 pain, but real pain relief comes form taking green dragons tincture. Green Dragon has changed everything for me. It unlocks the true power of effect in cannabis.

For autos yes absolutely 10 hours of direct is decent. For photos though, they would start to flower as soon as you put them out. Can you run through your plan for photos with me?

I find Blueberry genetics to work well, as well as white widows. More important than strains for me though, is the method of ingestion. Smoking works well as a mental distraction from severe 24/7 pain, but real pain relief comes form taking green dragons tincture. Green Dragon has changed everything for me. It unlocks the true power of effect in cannabis.
To be honest i don't have much of a plan yet for photos. I have spent the last few months reading everything i can on here about growing autoflowers outdoor. The only thing that I have read so far about photos is your guide to growing monsters. The only photo beans i have currently are a couple of white widow and some green crack, should i stick with the autos until I have worked out how to get from seed to harvest without having to worry about hours of light as well? I was planning on germinating the 2 white widow seeds that i have around August and have them in side of a night under cfl and outside of a day. Then in the ground at the end of September. By September we are pretty much finished with any cool nights and the day light hours are about 11.5 hrs increasing to 12 by the end of the month. I will be putting them in holes that have been dug out a couple of months prior and had composted horse and cattle manure added as well as dolimite and blood and bone. Is there any thing that I should be planning on doing different?

A glimpse of my piece of paradise

Back