Outdoor First grow, late outdoor organic attempt

Plants have been chopped, trimmed and washed. Tomorrow into paper bags, then jars when ready.

The plants simply weren't growing, and with the lovely Oregon gloom settling in for the fall, winter and spring, it was looking like it was only headed downhill from here. A couple mold spots deep in the buds confirmed that things might soon get worse. So, although the buds were still immature, it is the best I'm getting.

I am a bit disappointed in this grow, not because of the yield, but that the plants never got to reach full maturity. These little plants were trying really hard for me, and they wanted to be so much more.

Hey Fishy, been busy man, just caught up on your post. Glad to hear you harvested, as I was reading the previous page i was thinking "oh no" lol. I don't think you should be disapointed considering the season you started the grow in. Yes you can cut the botrytis away and keep the healthy buds.
:baked:

Hey Fishy, been busy man, just caught up on your post. Glad to hear you harvested, as I was reading the previous page i was thinking "oh no" lol. I don't think you should be disapointed considering the season you started the grow in. Yes you can cut the botrytis away and keep the healthy buds.
:baked:

If anything, I'm just disappointed I wasn't able to get the seeds going a month earlier as I wanted. The girls would have been much happier for sure.

It was tons of fun though! I already popped more beans to grow in yet another suboptimal grow;) Indoors this time, so I get to experience completely different problems.

Decided with the wife that smoking the bud doesn't seem any riskier than the other ways we live our life.

If it smells and tastes good after the cure, I'm smoking it!

I still need to make dry ice hash from the trimmings. That will be fun:)

Good choice! Sorry I couldn't give you more rock solid advice before. I'd be smoking it too.
I already popped more beans to grow in yet another sub-optimal grow
I'm all for sub-optimal grows. They may not be great but are a hell of a lot better than buying herb. (hmm should I use $35 in seeds, or spend $50 a week till "optimal" comes around?) It is okay though, next spring, your gonna tear it up out there. I've got 3 ladies outside now and they are by all means not an optimal grow. They are budding though, and that's the bottom line. Take care Fish.

Buds are in jars, and the final dry tally has been taken. Critical Jack and SODK both at 3 grams, Med Gom at 4, and Blueberry at 6. So, out of 4 plants, I ended with a half zip, plus another 1/8 harvested early or discarded, and a gallon bag of trim in the freezer.
image.jpeg

I figure I will burp the jars until around Christmas. Then I'll wrap up this grow with some smoke reports and some final thoughts on my first grow.

Buds are in jars, and the final dry tally has been taken. Critical Jack and SODK both at 3 grams, Med Gom at 4, and Blueberry at 6. So, out of 4 plants, I ended with a half zip, plus another 1/8 harvested early or discarded, and a gallon bag of trim in the freezer.
View attachment 510645

I figure I will burp the jars until around Christmas. Then I'll wrap up this grow with some smoke reports and some final thoughts on my first grow.

Grats on your first batch of home grown meds. My first harvest (4 plants over 2 week) made me proud like a new father. Well.... Maybe not the exact same, but I had a great sense of pride, and gratitude, and I hope you are too. Have you tested the med gom yet? I need a cbd strain, and was looking at that.
:vibe:

Last edited:
Grats on your first batch of home grown meds. My first harvest (4 plants over 2 week) made me proud like a new father. Well.... Maybe not the exact same, but I had a great sense of pride, and gratitude, and I hope you are too. Have you tested the med gom yet? I need a cbd strain, and was looking at that.
:vibe:
Hey Fuggzy. It just so happens that I already wrote up a smoke report on this thread: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...nce-with-med-gom-1-0.48132/page-2#post-936009
Hope that helps.

Yo fish dude first I wanna congratulate on your harvest. I also did late organic outdoor and we pracrically started and ended in the same time. I also had problems with weather because sometimes temps would get to 0 deg cels or 32f but had like 0.1% buds that rotted. Maybe because of the lower humidity and high altitude of the site. I also feel that my girls didnt get to their full potential but nothing beats good old experience. We should be happy that all turned out well afterall!

Back