New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

Week 8 continued.
20220926_193505.jpg
20220926_193221.jpg

Shes kinda pale but shes more perky today than shes been in weeks but I'll take that as a +. Positive the flush helped. Watered yesterday with .75 gal and a dose of ff bushdocter boomerang. Pot is almost drank dry already.

gonna give it another .5 gal of plain distilled tomorrow after work. And prolly one more feeding of boomerang on thursday or Friday. Then Im going back to a regular veg feeding schedule for 2 to 3 more weeks. Hopefully by then all the new growth will be a healthy green again. I was dreading trying to fix this thing at first and somehow its become enjoyable.

So I was dumb last night. When I was checking everything out last night I switched my light from my 18/6 schedule to just on so she got a full 24 hours of light yesterday. Hopefully that doesnt cause too many problems. She definitely didnt like it, all my leaves tacod back up over night, well all the younger leaves again....maybe i shouldnt smoke a full bowl of moon rocks before I check in on my tent.....

So I was dumb last night. When I was checking everything out last night I switched my light from my 18/6 schedule to just on so she got a full 24 hours of light yesterday. Hopefully that doesnt cause too many problems. She definitely didnt like it, all my leaves tacod back up over night, well all the younger leaves again....maybe i shouldnt smoke a full bowl of moon rocks before I check in on my tent.....
She should be fine.. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :thumbsup:

I also learned the hard way to not do anything in the tent during the dark period, to stay away from the lighting timer.
It was still the on time I just didnt realize when I bumped it up 10% I forgot to switch it back to the schedule. Ac infinities controller is weird, max power is set by the constant on/off settings so in order to raise or lower the power of components you have to switch it to constant on to set the max power and constant off to set min. Then switch it back to whatever program was running. I raisedy light all the way up to the top of my tent so I bumped it up from 50% to 60% and forgot to put the timer back. Oh well

It was still the on time I just didnt realize when I bumped it up 10% I forgot to switch it back to the schedule. Ac infinities controller is weird, max power is set by the constant on/off settings so in order to raise or lower the power of components you have to switch it to constant on to set the max power and constant off to set min. Then switch it back to whatever program was running. I raisedy light all the way up to the top of my tent so I bumped it up from 50% to 60% and forgot to put the timer back. Oh well
Ahhh, just like how you set the speed for their vent fans.

Ahhh, just like how you set the speed for their vent fans.
Yes exactly. I liked it at first now its a pain cuz when you switch back it powers down completely and powers back up gradually. It didnt do that when I first got it, started when there was a firmware update.

Week 8 continued.
So plant is looking better besides overall color. Gave her 1 gal instead of .5 she needed it pot was almost dry. And there was 0 run off with .5gal. Still planning on giving her another watering in 2-3 days, but with the way she is responding lately I was thinking about giving her a halved dose of a normal feed instead of using just boomerang.

20220927_200933.jpg

20220927_200924.jpg

Week 9
So Im a couple days into week 9. The less water more often thing, thats definitely working. Shes gulping water like crazy watered her 3 times in the past week.
20221001_075748.jpg

The only thing ive noticed that I havent seen before is the new tops are growing their fan leaves a little uneven. Meaning that each set of new fan leaves is growing 1 on top of the other on each side of the branch. From what Ive seen fan leaves grow perpendicular to the main stem directly in line but for some reason about a few weeks after the top one fan leaf grows first then the other comes in shortly after creating a weird bend at each new node. Im sure its genetic related. Or maybe just the way it grew with all the minor stress Ive put it under in the last month.
20221001_080723.jpg

20221001_080644.jpg

Overall Im very happy with the way she bounced back in the last few weeks. Leaves arent tacoing anymore except in lights out when the humidity spikes which is usually only the day after a watering
Cant wait for this thing to get about another 8-12 inches taller that about my cutoff point for flowering if the plant doubles in size that should fill out my tent as well as possible with 1 plant. Im starting to get impatient though I wanna see this thing flower!

Last edited:
Back