New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

If you got em from humboldt Im interested to watch yours, to be fair its f2 caramel cream. I also got humboldts nutter budder, and their humboldt dream as well, im super excited to start that but from what ive read its a finicky strain so Im waiting till I get good
I’m excited too!
I ended up getting Humboldt’s Carmel Cream, Pineapple Muffin, Lemongrass and Mint Jelly.
Never grew anything from them before. Can’t make up my mind which ones I want to grow first. Lol

I’m excited too!
I ended up getting Humboldt’s Carmel Cream, Pineapple Muffin, Lemongrass and Mint Jelly.
Never grew anything from them before. Can’t make up my mind which ones I want to grow first. Lol
Thats exactly the way I felt. I was eyeing up that lemongrass too so if you start a journal tag me

Week 8
20220923_053952.jpg

So I administered the sledgehammer flush last night. 1.5 gal with the recommended 2tsp per gal flush.
I let the soil dry out pretty well before hand so I gave it a small pre-water about 2 hours before and sure enough the water almost ran straight through so it was DRY. After sitting all night she actually looks better to me at least all that newer growth in the canopy has opened up halfway at least. Not to mention those 2 main tops look a little more ridged today and not so floppy, but thats prolly just because she got water

Did another slurry test after the prewater and Idk whats up but my soil was testing a ph of 5.5 which is super low compared to the 6.3 from 2 weeks ago and I only watered with plain water with a ph of 7.1, been noticing though that the soil seems to turn acidic pretty regularly, is that normal?

Other than that everything else is still pretty much the same as far as temps and rh. I did notice though that she stunted a bit, she hasnt grown vertically at all in the last week at least no new growth that Ive noticed. She just droops and stands more upright hopefully the flush will help there too cuz I want to make sure shes not stunted before I flip her to 12/12

View attachment 1517541

So I administered the sledgehammer flush last night. 1.5 gal with the recommended 2tsp per gal flush.
I let the soil dry out pretty well before hand so I gave it a small pre-water about 2 hours before and sure enough the water almost ran straight through so it was DRY. After sitting all night she actually looks better to me at least all that newer growth in the canopy has opened up halfway at least. Not to mention those 2 main tops look a little more ridged today and not so floppy, but thats prolly just because she got water

Did another slurry test after the prewater and Idk whats up but my soil was testing a ph of 5.5 which is super low compared to the 6.3 from 2 weeks ago and I only watered with plain water with a ph of 7.1, been noticing though that the soil seems to turn acidic pretty regularly, is that normal?

Other than that everything else is still pretty much the same as far as temps and rh. I did notice though that she stunted a bit, she hasnt grown vertically at all in the last week at least no new growth that Ive noticed. She just droops and stands more upright hopefully the flush will help there too cuz I want to make sure shes not stunted before I flip her to 12/12
I'm in coco, and my runoff is always a lot more acidic than my input. My water/nutes goes in at +/- 6.0, and after running through the medium it might be 5.6 or so. To remedy this, I've followed the advice of many on AFN: I stopped checking the pH of my runoff. I only did my first few grows in soil, so I'll defer any further advice to the soil growers.

I'm in coco, and my runoff is always a lot more acidic than my input. My water/nutes goes in at +/- 6.0, and after running through the medium it might be 5.6 or so. To remedy this, I've followed the advice of many on AFN: I stopped checking the pH of my runoff. I only did my first few grows in soil, so I'll defer any further advice to the soil growers.
Well since im using ffof its peat and worm castings. I know peat tends to be on the acidic side but if the runoff is in a somewhat normal range Im not too concerned.

I am a little concerned however on when I should feed again. Now that I flushed it and locked out a good chunk of nutes Im kinda scared Im gonna leave the soil void of nutes lol

Every flushing "method" I have read always states to finish the flush with a weak nute solution after the flush to make sure there is something for the plant.

Week 8 continued.
So the flush helped, its only been a day amd a half but color is starting to come back to normal, some of the leaves minorly effected by that interveinal chlorosis are starting to become more green again and surprisingly it seems to be pulling out of its little stint of being stunted. Theres still a good deal of yellow tips and I have about 3 leaves I can see with those rusty spots on em. But overall I was pleased with how she responded.

Repositioned the pot and dropped my scrog net down, its time to open up the middle and start filling the tent out a bit, with the stunted week I had I think Im gonna let her veg for another 2-3 weeks maybe even a month then its time to switch cycles. Will prolly get another net and open things up a little further when I switch to 12/12

20220924_102414.jpg

Even with all that trimming I did this this is still its own little mini jungle. So freaking bushy.

Back