New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

my first plants had a rough life: mites, nute burn, poor light, too much light, high pH water, over- and under-watering... still got 1/2 oz off each... My very first was Northern Lights:
View attachment 1514921
Well Ive got plenty of beans to get better with. So hopefully this one produces at least enough to get me through another grow. Since I got 3 different strains right now Im contemplating doing one of each with the next run

Last edited:
Mid week 7 (nute problems figured out)
20220918_200412.jpg

Forgot to take pics of the foliage I trimmed off but rust colored spots appeared all over yesterday while at work

Trimmed away a good chunk of effected foliage but I believe my soil is overloaded on the 3 main N-P-K

I believe the excess potassium is giving me symptoms of mag deficiency. And I believe Im seeing trace symptoms of other secondary nutrient deficiencies from the nutes battling it out down there. Im going to vigorously flush it whenever possible but Im starting to think Im screwed

View attachment 1515913

Forgot to take pics of the foliage I trimmed off but rust colored spots appeared all over yesterday while at work

Trimmed away a good chunk of effected foliage but I believe my soil is overloaded on the 3 main N-P-K

I believe the excess potassium is giving me symptoms of mag deficiency. And I believe Im seeing trace symptoms of other secondary nutrient deficiencies from the nutes battling it out down there. Im going to vigorously flush it whenever possible but Im starting to think Im screwed
I've had good luck with bushdoctors sledgehammer flush previously when I ran into similar issues on my first grow. Smells nasty but seemed to work well and get my plants back to normal after a good flush.

I've had good luck with bushdoctors sledgehammer flush previously when I ran into similar issues on my first grow. Smells nasty but seemed to work well and get my plants back to normal after a good flush.
Ive actually got a bottle ordered right now, went to my local gardening store and of course only bottle sold out

Last edited:
So I came home to another round of rust colored spots, came in pretty quick and its only on this one leaf in the pic.

Its get frustrating....

View attachment 1516108
A lot of times issues take 3-5 days in the earliest to show any improvement in your plants after treating so it'll get worse before it gets better. I'd leave the foliage even if it's got spots all over till you know it's good cause otherwise it'll just keep showing up on new leaves since the one it was pulling from was removed.

A lot of times issues take 3-5 days in the earliest to show any improvement in your plants after treating so it'll get worse before it gets better. I'd leave the foliage even if it's got spots all over till you know it's good cause otherwise it'll just keep showing up on new leaves since the one it was pulling from was removed.
I did just pull some that were basically in the center, most of em were 50% yellow but it was mostly just unwanted vegetation. I was hoping if I clipped some of the smaller growth lower down it would focus more of its energy on the top

Got some Carmel Cream beans coming and very interested in seeing how yours develops.
If you got em from humboldt Im interested to watch yours, to be fair its f2 caramel cream. I also got humboldts nutter budder, and their humboldt dream as well, im super excited to start that but from what ive read its a finicky strain so Im waiting till I get good

Back