New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

Lowering the light intesity was definitely the thing to do, new tops are poking through the canopy after about 4 days from the topping. Super excited to see this thing start climbing up again
20220904_194212.jpg

20220906_054723.jpg

So I know its not the infirmary page but my last set of fan leaves before I topped are starting to "yellow" at the tips, it started almost 4 days ago but the tips havent got any worse than this and from what I can tell its this one and only 1 leaflette on the opposite side that have this, should I be concerned or not? Not even yellow just as green as the newer growth.

Was thinking nitrogen deficiency, but like I said its not getting any worse or better. Just kinda is...

Week 6
20220908_123606.jpg
20220908_123612.jpg

Light pruning today, got rid of a bunch of growth I didnt want today. Gave her a light watering as well. Soil was basically almost dry.

Trying to improve the airflow and keep the plant focused on its main branches and developing the canopy, even though most of this growth is rich green it was almost all completely in the shadows of the fan leaves above them.

Pretty sure those tips are damaged now. Dont know what happened. Everything else looks good

Last edited:
Update (week 6)
Got off all weekend which is thursday through sunday this week so I thought Id post an update after the defoliation yesterday.
20220909_125905.jpg

She seems to be taking it very well and the watering seems to have helped a lot of the tip discoloration on those couple fan leaves so thats cool.
View attachment 20220909_125428.jpg
Heres what she lookes like from below.
Pretty happy with the way everythings looking

Last edited:
Week 6 comtinued
View attachment 20220911_094505.jpg

She seems to be doing well

Newer growth seems to be staying much lighter in color as it gets older, dont know if thats anything to worry about, and theres a few leaves that look like they are showing magnesium deficiency, or at least it looks like it. Either that or nitrogen deficiency. They seem to both start out similar but magnesium seems much more subtle than nitrogen deficiency. Which is why Im leaning that way

To be safe I added about 2 cups of fresh soil and watered lightly it to see if it would change anything later friday night.

View attachment 1512418

She seems to be doing well

Newer growth seems to be staying much lighter in color as it gets older, dont know if thats anything to worry about, and theres a few leaves that look like they are showing magnesium deficiency, or at least it looks like it. Either that or nitrogen deficiency. They seem to both start out similar but magnesium seems much more subtle than nitrogen deficiency. Which is why Im leaning that way

To be safe I added about 2 cups of fresh soil and watered lightly it to see if it would change anything later friday night.
20220912_054502.jpg
20220911_182101.jpg
20220911_182018.jpg

Yellowing is getting worse day by day

Week 7
So everyone says my plant isnt as bad as it seems and Wednesday night I gave it a pretty big watering about a gallon of 6.55ph water and saw a good butof run off took a pick thursday morning and she was nicer looking but the yellowing was still getting worse, but she perked up a bit.

Last night I thought It would be a good idea to train the top 2 branches down a little bit but I dont know if it was that or I over watered a bit but now she looks just like before just a hair taller
20220916_210639.jpg

Hoping it bounces back soon pot is still heavy but its a good deal lighter than right after the watering,

Also while I was moving stuff around I noticed a few roots poking out through the top of the soil around the plant....Idk what to do about that. They look healthy. Havent done anything about it but try and cover them up with surrounding dirt. Any help here would be nice, seems like just by feel my little 15-18 inch tall plant has roots pretty much from top to bottom in this thing. Its pretty firm about an inch down but not like its packed its definitely roots....theres no possibke way this plant is becoming rootbound is there?

Anyway considering feeding with the next watering at a half dose just to see if it helps

Last edited:
Back