New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

I might pick some up, i figured my light had enough red in it already
You can add more blue to keep a plant short and bushy or more red to make it stretch. Most grow lights have a balanced spectrum closest to mid-day on the longest day of the year.

You can add more blue to keep a plant short and bushy or more red to make it stretch. Most grow lights have a balanced spectrum closest to mid-day on the longest day of the year.
Which I think is what mine is. Thanks though I never would have thought about looking for a booster like this

I also tested with a mobile app. According to the app the light doesnt have the par it displays on the website, i tested it at all 3 heights at full power and its about 100pts lower all around and it was measured in a 4x4 space Im only in a 3x3. The app could be wildly inaccurate though.
Go by the figures your light mfg states. The actual figures will be a bit higher with the reflected light in a smaller tent than tested.
For the size they are now and you wanting them to stretch. 400 should be fine and let the plant grow into the light and that will raise the ppfd your plant sees.

20220828_165222.jpg

So Idk if I should be concerned but theres this ball of leaves forming right above the cotyledon, almost like branches that arent developing the other side even had a full leaf basically hugging the stalk. Wondering if I should prune this if it gets bigger or they dont start to protude outward from the main stalk.
I already chopped a couple fan leaves and my first true set as they were basically just sitting in the dirt. That was almost a week ago now. Plant seems to be doing well though
20220828_165141.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen this type of growth on many occasions, I snip them as soon as I can safely get the trimming shears in there without damaging the main trunk. I call them suckers, draining energy like a leach.

I have seen this type of growth on many occasions, I snip them as soon as I can safely get the trimming shears in there without damaging the main trunk. I call them suckers, draining energy like a leach.
Thats exactly what I figured. I was gonna wait till harvest to get a good set of precision trimming sheers but I might as well get one now

Update (near end of week 4)
20220830_193532.jpg

Plant seems to be ok

Tent is getting much more troublesome to keep dialed in temps fluxuating more as well as humidity

Im sure everyone will notice but its almost week 5 and all this undergrowth needs to bulk up plus I want multiple colas so I decided to top. She took it well though.

Back