New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

Mid week 3
20220820_194943.jpg

No lights

20220820_195104.jpg

Lights on

I cant believe I took almost 10 years to start doing this again.

Midway thru week 3
Temps 74-78
Rh 55%-65%
Vpd .9-1.25 kpa

Shes starting to explode and Im loving it. Question for anyone following though, she seems to be leaning thought maybe my circulating fan was blowing on her weird so I moved it to the front left side of my tent but she still wants to lean towards the door. Anyone know why that might be? And how strong of a breeze should I be putting on this? My fan can move 310 cfm at full power and I have 10 settings.

20220822_053617.jpg

I cannot believe how fast this thing is growing. Watered her a bit last night, thinking thats why its droopy a bit, but this thing is just doubling every 24hrs.

Set it on top of 2 of my extra pots to let it drain out the bottom, looking for good cheap drip trays with a bit of a riser to them if anyone knows any good ones

View attachment 1504905
I cannot believe how fast this thing is growing. Watered her a bit last night, thinking thats why its droopy a bit, but this thing is just doubling every 24hrs.

Set it on top of 2 of my extra pots to let it drain out the bottom, looking for good cheap drip trays with a bit of a riser to them if anyone knows any good ones
walmart sells oil drain pans in the oil section for $2 each, the work good for me, i just put hydroton clay balls in the bottom but before i did this method i had those garden pot risers inside the oil drain pans

walmart sells oil drain pans in the oil section for $2 each, the work good for me, i just put hydroton clay balls in the bottom but before i did this method i had those garden pot risers inside the oil drain pans
Ill look into it, trying to spend as little as possible on it right now, rents due next week lol.

Into week 4
So playing around with my tent settings and humidifier I was able to dial in the vpd yesterday and it looks like it stuck most of the day today

Temps stayed in the low 70s all day humidity bottomed out at 58% and vpd stayed around 1.07 most of the day.
Screenshot_20220826-194356_AC Infinity.jpg

Have the humidifier directly behind my passive intake now and its helped a lot. Also kicked my exhaust fan up to about 60% power and I also started giving her 19 hours of light gonna bump it up to 20 next week and veg at 20 on 4 off for about a month I think.

20220826_192929.jpg

She exploded today pot was dry also so I gave her a GOOD watering of about 1.5 gal no nutes yet.

So playing around with my tent settings and humidifier I was able to dial in the vpd yesterday and it looks like it stuck most of the day today

Temps stayed in the low 70s all day humidity bottomed out at 58% and vpd stayed around 1.07 most of the day.
View attachment 1506578

Have the humidifier directly behind my passive intake now and its helped a lot. Also kicked my exhaust fan up to about 60% power and I also started giving her 19 hours of light gonna bump it up to 20 next week and veg at 20 on 4 off for about a month I think.

View attachment 1506579
She exploded today pot was dry also so I gave her a GOOD watering of about 1.5 gal no nutes yet.
Only increase your time of light on IF you can't meet the DLI for that stage. Just looking at the leaves, I think you're well meeting the needed DLI. If you don't have a light meter, very valuable tool, just use your light mfg's figures on ppfd and adjust for the stage of life.

Only increase your time of light on IF you can't meet the DLI for that stage. Just looking at the leaves, I think you're well meeting the needed DLI. If you don't have a light meter, very valuable tool, just use your light mfg's figures on ppfd and adjust for the stage of life.
I do it says its getting 22-25 mol per 18 hours is that enough?

I also tested with a mobile app. According to the app the light doesnt have the par it displays on the website, i tested it at all 3 heights at full power and its about 100pts lower all around and it was measured in a 4x4 space Im only in a 3x3. The app could be wildly inaccurate though.

I do it says its getting 22-25 mol per 18 hours is that enough?
@WildBill
sorry for multiple replys but i read that vegging plants should get between 400-600 umol/sec im actually a little under that according to the app. At about 360. Im trying to get her to stretch a bit but Im afraid to cut the light back more as its basically my only heat source right now and Im in the basement

Back