New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Hi Lucy! That’s the one I have. I went to recalibrate and I discovered I don’t have any more of the 6.86 solution. I see where you can buy the packets but they want big money. I found a bottle of it on the Hanna website but they want $30 to ship it.
So my new vantakool that comes tomorrow will have a 6.86 packet and I can calibrate both but going forward... I wonder if I can bottle the 6.86 solution and use it going forward? Or break down and buy the packets. When I initially bought my calibration solutions I got the GH 4.00 and 7.00 but I guess they are useless to me with the vantakool.

Hi Lucy! That’s the one I have. I went to recalibrate and I discovered I don’t have any more of the 6.86 solution. I see where you can buy the packets but they want big money. I found a bottle of it on the Hanna website but they want $30 to ship it.
So my new vantakool that comes tomorrow will have a 6.86 packet and I can calibrate both but going forward... I wonder if I can bottle the 6.86 solution and use it going forward? Or break down and buy the packets. When I initially bought my calibration solutions I got the GH 4.00 and 7.00 but I guess they are useless to me with the vantakool.
Calibration solution is independent of the maker. It will work with all PH devices. I like the little packets from BlueLab and get them locally at a hydro store. I like them because they are always fresh. GH makes an inexpensive kit I just don't know how long it will stay fresh.

ScreenHunter_140 Oct. 29 13.40.jpg

Hi all ~

Here are the ladies:

View media item 16208
I removed most of GGs offending leaves but there are still a few. I do notice some purpling on the stems:

View media item 16209
I left the leaves intact on the NL babies. They are 13 days old now.
View media item 16205
GG at 45 days:
View media item 16207
So whatever ails them hasn’t slowed growth down as far as I can tell. And affected them all. RO water with no CalMag? Nutes too strong? Bad pH readings?

Still no buds on GG. The babies have 4 nodes, so I was thinking maybe to top them, then send them all into flower in another 2 weeks. They are on a 18/6 schedule atm. Thoughts anyone?

Thank you again to @Waira , @Mañ'O'Green , and @Pigskinfantasy for all your help!

Attachments

• 60137282-E39F-4381-9DC8-B63A627DAF9F.jpeg
    60137282-E39F-4381-9DC8-B63A627DAF9F.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 61
  • BA8CD06A-052A-4EAB-9C79-F4A887ECD0A4.jpeg
    BA8CD06A-052A-4EAB-9C79-F4A887ECD0A4.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the link Dudeski! I’m soaking it all up like a sponge. I have so much respect both for all the knowledge here and the willingness to share! Truly grateful
:worship:
You are very welcome! I'm just sharing what was passed along to me. One day you will be doing the same :d5:

Hi all ~

Here are the ladies:

View media item 16208
I removed most of GGs offending leaves but there are still a few. I do notice some purpling on the stems:

View media item 16209
I left the leaves intact on the NL babies. They are 13 days old now.
View media item 16205
GG at 45 days:
View media item 16207
So whatever ails them hasn’t slowed growth down as far as I can tell. And affected them all. RO water with no CalMag? Nutes too strong? Bad pH readings?

Still no buds on GG. The babies have 4 nodes, so I was thinking maybe to top them, then send them all into flower in another 2 weeks. They are on a 18/6 schedule atm. Thoughts anyone?

Thank you again to @Waira , @Mañ'O'Green , and @Pigskinfantasy for all your help!

Hi DG, I wouldn't top her at this point. Only because I have read that you only top autos that are otherwise healthy and growing vigorously, as it may stunt them further. I would hold off on topping and let them grow through whatever issue they are recovering from. If height is an issue later on, you can supercrop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Also, I am not sure that if you can send autos to flower, in all cases, by switching the light schedule. I would keep them all at the current light schedule until you are sure that the auto GG is a photo GG. For me that would be some time after day 50. However, I am still a noob!

Last edited:
Also, I am not sure that f you can send autos to flower in all cases, by switching the light schedule. I would keep them all at the current light schedule until you are sure that the auto GG is a photo GG. For me that would be some time after day 50. However, I am still a noob!

Ok, good valid points. Did your GG just up and flower on her own finally?

Back