New Grower First grow and new to the network...

@Waira ! @Mañ'O'Green ! @Pigskinfantasy ! Thank you thank you for again taking your time to help me and my beautiful ladies! They’re beautiful to me!

I am determined to master this and figure out what’s gone wrong. I’ve been thinking hard these past few days and mulling over mistakes I probably made or could have made. I have calmag but didn’t think to add it when I impulsively switched to RO water. There were a few other things that got me to thinking too ... did I shake those nutrient bottles? Really shake them?

But my gaze keeps returning to the cheap pH pen. Wouldn’t that just explain everything neatly. See, I got the $10 one. And haven’t been taking care of it as I’m finding out I should. So, today I recalibrate and see what is what. And the meter storage solution is en route from trusty Amazon. We shall see...

:smoking: Shaking isn't really needed unless they have been sitting for a long while, and even then it's not likely to have separated; those nutes are fully dissolved, no particulates typically,... that said, get to know their looks and smell and be super careful about cross contamination,... don't keep them anyplace warm or really cold,... cold can cause some things to precipitate out...
Lots of choices for pH meters on Amazon! I have a very basic HM pH80 that several years old now, and still works fine... but that's with good care... some come with replaceable electrodes so you don't have to buy the whole unit again if they go bad,.. this model isn't one, so far so good! ..looking, I see one for about $36.... BlueLab is choice too!
I'd check your calibration weekly at least in hydro,....
>> New pics:
--purpling on the stem is probably normal color expression.. just so you know, for diagnostics, pics need to be in normal light, grow lightsdistort true color too much, and that's often a key clue....
-- unless there's a real need, don't remove leaves.. theya re still functioning as power plants and reserves, even affected ones; removal doesn't fix things,... except aethetics! :rofl:
-- :doh: gahhh! growers choice again! I'm seeing several problem plants with their genetics,....most not auto'ing in a timely manner, or at all,... plain bad breeding!
So whatever ails them hasn’t slowed growth down as far as I can tell. And affected them all. RO water with no CalMag? Nutes too strong? Bad pH readings?
....well, the nutes have Ca and Mg in them, but sometimes not enough; LED seems to put extra demand on them, and still, it's a strain-to-strain thing, even pheno's.... but other hiccups are likely triggers/causes.... you're all over those now though!

:smoking: Shaking isn't really needed unless they have been sitting for a long while, and even then it's not likely to have separated; those nutes are fully dissolved, no particulates typically,... that said, get to know their looks and smell and be super careful about cross contamination,... don't keep them anyplace warm or really cold,... cold can cause some things to precipitate out...
Lots of choices for pH meters on Amazon! I have a very basic HM pH80 that several years old now, and still works fine... but that's with good care... some come with replaceable electrodes so you don't have to buy the whole unit again if they go bad,.. this model isn't one, so far so good! ..looking, I see one for about $36.... BlueLab is choice too!
I'd check your calibration weekly at least in hydro,....
>> New pics:
--purpling on the stem is probably normal color expression.. just so you know, for diagnostics, pics need to be in normal light, grow lightsdistort true color too much, and that's often a key clue....
-- unless there's a real need, don't remove leaves.. theya re still functioning as power plants and reserves, even affected ones; removal doesn't fix things,... except aethetics! :rofl:
-- :doh: gahhh! growers choice again! I'm seeing several problem plants with their genetics,....most not auto'ing in a timely manner, or at all,... plain bad breeding!

....well, the nutes have Ca and Mg in them, but sometimes not enough; LED seems to put extra demand on them, and still, it's a strain-to-strain thing, even pheno's.... but other hiccups are likely triggers/causes.... you're all over those now though!

Gosh I hope so! As you said, I am in the soup now. I’d love for the rest of the grow to be uneventful!

:jointman: me too! but like Mog and I mentioned, it's a grind as a noobie, lots of fussing and hand-wringing... you do get to know patterns, behavior and such soon, but it's vigilance and having the stuff on hand to deal with what curveballs come at you that helps the most....:hump:

I agree that you probably should not top them. The slow flowering may be due to the PH/nutrient issues. I think for now concentrate on getting them to grow healthy. Remember the nutrient schedule follows the plants lead. Do not start flower nutrients until the plant is flowering. You do not push plants with nutrients you just make available what they want.

I have been recommending 5000K CFL bulbs for photos but it seems the 5000K LED bulbs are cheaper now; at least at Costco. I just saw them today. So LEDs should work just as well. Pick up a plug - in socket and use whatever extension cord. This is what the socket looks like:

ScreenHunter_141 Oct. 29 21.41.jpg

I have been recommending 5000K CFL bulbs for photos but it seems the 5000K LED bulbs are cheaper now; at least at Costco. I just saw them today. So LEDs should work just as well. Pick up a plug - in socket and use whatever extension cord. This is what the socket looks like:

View attachment 967048

Understood! Thank you!

View attachment 967048

I love those attachments, i bought a shitload when i needed auxiliary lighting. The fire dept came for a inspection and freaked out when saw those.. told me to go lick an egg.. so now im down to two of those with Y splits just to calm his testosterone! Men in uniform always think they control everything.

Back