New Grower First grow and new to the network...

How are you growing and what nutrients are you using?

DWC. GH flora series, I was at 3/4 strength but I am backing away from that due to leaf clawing. My pH set point is 5.8. It drifts up to low to mid 6 and I pH it back down the next day. This is a GGautoflower, 37 days from seed. No budding yet, on veg nute schedule. Here is a recent pic of the tent (sorry about the LED’s). I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 67E90FF0-02F8-4240-AC73-6F1CA337EFD1.jpeg
    67E90FF0-02F8-4240-AC73-6F1CA337EFD1.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 70
DWC. GH flora series, I was at 3/4 strength but I am backing away from that due to leaf clawing. My pH set point is 5.8. It drifts up to low to mid 6 and I pH it back down the next day. This is a GGautoflower, 37 days from seed. No budding yet, on veg nute schedule. Here is a recent pic of the tent (sorry about the LED’s). I really appreciate the help.
Do you change your nutrients every week? Those net pots look big are they deep as well? How many gallons of nutrient/water are in the reservoir and how much does the water level drop between daily additions. What are the PPMs.

New nutes and fresh water every week. Ppm was 825 +\- with last water change 5 days ago. I do not top off the reservoir in between, at least not yet. I honestly don’t know how much it comes down daily but I can start tracking it. I just sort of eyeball it when I check the pH. It’s a 5 gallon bucket and 3.5 gallons comes to about 2” below the basket. She gets hydroguard.

I had some clawing on the leaves and it was suggested I needed to back off on the nutes. Yesterday I took a gallon of water out and added fresh RO in which brought my ppm to 590.

I applied the neem oil 5 days ago. I have a low humidity problem but otherwise I’m happy with the environment.

New nutes and fresh water every week. Ppm was 825 +\- with last water change 5 days ago. I do not top off the reservoir in between, at least not yet. I honestly don’t know how much it comes down daily but I can start tracking it. I just sort of eyeball it when I check the pH. It’s a 5 gallon bucket and 3.5 gallons comes to about 2” below the basket. She gets hydroguard.

I had some clawing on the leaves and it was suggested I needed to back off on the nutes. Yesterday I took a gallon of water out and added fresh RO in which brought my ppm to 590.

I applied the neem oil 5 days ago. I have a low humidity problem but otherwise I’m happy with the environment.
Ok I think you have a water level problem. Here is what happens. As the plant gets bigger with more canopy it transpires a lot more water. It will uptake more water than nutrients so the PPMs in the reservoir will rise giving you the "look" of overfeeding as the remaining nutrients concentrate in the reservoir. I have had plants drink over a gallon in a single day! When you only have 3.5 gallons to start with even if they only uptake a quart per day after 7 days you are down to only 1.75 gallons or ~ 6 inches in the reservoir. Now roots that are exposed to the air for too long will loose the ability to uptake anything - they become like stocks. Ok to fix this: Add nutrient mixed at 25% of whatever the week PPMs are several times a day to keep the PPMs and water level in the reservoir constant 1/2 to 1 inch below the net pot. Or add a top-off tank to your system with a float valve in the reservoir. If you decide on a top off tank be sure not to use any copper, brass or aluminum fittings; aerate it and mix at ~25% PPMs.

Something else that will throw a curve ball at you if not looking for it is a sudden and massive PH rise in the reservoir when the plant goes full on into flower. The roots are exuding substances that cause this wild swing and it just does it for a couple of days. I always checked PH in the reservoir a couple of times a day so catching this was easy and easy to control.

Why are you using RO is your tap water bad?

OK. I’m going to get serious about the water level. That all makes sense.

My tap water is like 327 ppm. Calcium through the roof.

OK. I’m going to get serious about the water level. That all makes sense.

My tap water is like 327 ppm. Calcium through the roof.
Ok so mix it 50/50 with RO and get ~ 165 ppm water The GH nutes will work better there.

Tent update:

Things look good in the tent. I am especially happy with my northern lights babies. It’s been 6 days since they first poked their heads out and they look really good. Both have sent roots down into the reservoir already.

I’m happy with how GG looks. After being stunted badly for her first three weeks, she’s trying to catch up and loving life. I experimented with some LST on her and she responded well to that. I plan to adjust the tie downs tomorrow ... she’s talking to me, telling me what to do next. At 36 days, still not the slightest hint of a bud.

I’ve been keeping the pH around 5.8. GG gets micro grow and bloom to a tds of 800ish. It doesn’t burn her but she doesn’t seem to be using much. The babies get the same to a tds of 200. And they all get hydroguard.

Not much left to tell. Everything is pretty much in a holding pattern, waiting for something to happen. It smells nice in the tent.
Slick set up for a first grow! Making me want to get the DWC out... Also, welcome fellow noob!

Back