New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I have had the Davinci IQ for about 6 months now and really like it. Very portable and easy to stealth around. The bowl is big so not really a quick hitter but you can buy inserts that limit the bowl size. I also bought the sleeve as it can get quite hot. I run it hight heat through my water bongs and it gives decent clouds.

For those that use AN flawless finish. Any tips for using in a soiless medium like promix? The instructions aren't clear so I wasn't too sure. I only used it once towards the beginning of my final water cycle

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I have had the Davinci IQ for about 6 months now and really like it. Very portable and easy to stealth around. The bowl is big so not really a quick hitter but you can buy inserts that limit the bowl size. I also bought the sleeve as it can get quite hot. I run it hight heat through my water bongs and it gives decent clouds.

For those that use AN flawless finish. Any tips for using in a soiless medium like promix? The instructions aren't clear so I wasn't too sure. I only used it once towards the beginning of my final water cycle

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Hey, man! Not a coco guy, but I expect it isn't any different. Just replace all nutes and supplements with the recommended amount of FF in the feeding water, and you should be good. You probably need to flush for between 2-5 days though, a bit more than DWC.

It does have a carrying case, but I wouldn't suggest it. Cool unit though. Like I said, the portable units to get are the Crafty, the Davinci IQ, the GPen, and so forth. Easy to load and hit it! No mess, no fuss!

It does have a carrying case, but I wouldn't suggest it. Cool unit though. Like I said, the portable units to get are the Crafty, the Davinci IQ, the GPen, and so forth. Easy to load and hit it! No mess, no fuss!
Lots of Pax 2s on good deals at the moment too. Super discrete and decent IMO. My GF loves hers, pretty much the only thing she uses now.

Well I thought I was going to be brave and cobble together my own supplemental flowering lights. The citizens 1825 2700k interested me, as well as some type of qb setup. In the end matching the appropriate driver and heatsink and making sure the different components were copacetic was beyond my abilities. The more information I got, the more confused I became. So I went with a pair of the tried and true cobs from cobshop at 2700k!

They arrive Friday, and I expect I’ll immediately add them to the tent. My ladies are going to shine!

Well I thought I was going to be brave and cobble together my own supplemental flowering lights. The citizens 1825 2700k interested me, as well as some type of qb setup. In the end matching the appropriate driver and heatsink and making sure the different components were copacetic was beyond my abilities. The more information I got, the more confused I became. So I went with a pair of the tried and true cobs from cobshop at 2700k!

They arrive Friday, and I expect I’ll immediately add them to the tent. My ladies are going to shine!
You will do well with those! @BigSm0 is a fine dude. When you need more get a pair of 6500k, then you will need a bigger tent too :headbang:

You will do well with those! @BigSm0 is a fine dude. When you need more get a pair of 6500k, then you will need a bigger tent too :headbang:
Ha ha! I so wish I would have gone with a 4x8! I’m going to have to learn to grow firmly within the confines of the 4x4. I have the little 3x3 still setup where I keep a lot of supplies, I can use it in a pinch though.

My next project will be upgrading the extractor fan and filter. The vivosun 400cfm has developed a rattle, pretty near to driving me insane. And I don’t think the carbon filter was very good from the beginning, the whole house smells sometimes. Live and learn.

Ha ha! I so wish I would have gone with a 4x8! I’m going to have to learn to grow firmly within the confines of the 4x4. I have the little 3x3 still setup where I keep a lot of supplies, I can use it in a pinch though.

My next project will be upgrading the extractor fan and filter. The vivosun 400cfm has developed a rattle, pretty near to driving me insane. And I don’t think the carbon filter was very good from the beginning, the whole house smells sometimes. Live and learn.

I’m in a similar situation atm, my 250m3 (don’t really know the cfm) extractor that was given to me (unsure of make) that was pretty good was in the attic for a while and i don’t know why it’s stopped working right, nasty rattle and stuff.

Now i have two carbon filters and extractors in there, one pulling 170m3, the other 80m3 to make up the difference in the 4x4 which works but is less than ideal. Although smell was flooding the house before in the two small tents, but this set up is at least good at cleaning the smell

How do you find the cobs in that size tent btw? I’m thinking of following you on to cobshop too for my supplemental lighting very soon hopefully

I’m in a similar situation atm, my 250m3 (don’t really know the cfm) extractor that was given to me (unsure of make) that was pretty good was in the attic for a while and i don’t know why it’s stopped working right, nasty rattle and stuff.

Now i have two carbon filters and extractors in there, one pulling 170m3, the other 80m3 to make up the difference in the 4x4 which works but is less than ideal. Although smell was flooding the house before in the two small tents, but this set up is at least good at cleaning the smell

How do you find the cobs in that size tent btw? I’m thinking of following you on to cobshop too for my supplemental lighting very soon hopefully
I love my cobs! So do the ladies. The light is very, very bright. Placement is extremely flexible, easy to slide up/down, closer/further, left/right. One light per monster seems to work well. Here’s a shot of the top of my tent.
81AE0F5C-3DF2-4336-B1C3-9E8334C917BF.jpeg

I’ve had just the four cobs in the 4x4. Coverage is supposed to be tight in that space but the ladies bask in it all day. The lights are almost too bright. Going in the tent is going to be close encounters of the third kind come Friday when the other 2 go in. :bow:

Last edited:
I love my cobs! So do the ladies. The light is very, very bright. Placement is extremely flexible, easy to slide up/down, closer/further, left/right. One light per monster seems to work well. Here’s a shot of the top of my tent.
View attachment 991398
I’ve had just the four cobs in the 4x4. Coverage is supposed to be tight in that space but the ladies bask in it all day. The lights are almost too bright. Going in the tent is going to be close encounters of the third kind come Friday when the other 2 go in. :bow:

Being colourblind i have to wear sunglasses otherwise i whatever red and blue i do manage to see is all gone and things get real head-rush/ i can’t believe someone put baccy in that bong type fuzzy feeling for a while lol
Even so i swear the world is so much darker than i remember it to be haha

I can’t imagine what the cobs will be like but i’ll bet it’s great!

Back