New Grower First autoflower Grow Purple Kush

View attachment 984083 View attachment 984082
@davisgirl yes, stretch is done at about 36 inches for the tallest plant. I topped the juveniles once at just above the 4th node to make 8 branches, then left 1 extra branch on each of the 4 upper main branches, for a total of 12 per plant. All other shoots were culled. It has made for a nice even canopy of tops to fill this small 3x3 tent, but manipulation has to begin early and maintained every few days until desired result is reached. Thank you very much for the compliment, looking forward to dropping those mephisto beans next week.

@Bigg Al Thank you for your kind words. I’m new to tent growing and am greatly enjoying all the new things I am learning about this amazing plant I thought I already knew very well:smoking:
WoooooOOoooW
I'm blown away with these tents, you don't mess about. You've clearly had no problems adapting to indoor life!

WoooooOOoooW
I'm blown away with these tents, you don't mess about. You've clearly had no problems adapting to indoor life!
You are too kind brother, thank you! I would rate myself as a competent farmer and hobby gardener, no more no less:biggrin:

Took some top down shots today while doing maintenance, rotation and watering. They are progressing along steadily but still have a ways to go.They are 72 days old today.
2DF444D7-6A96-458F-9335-162CDFB21943.jpeg
E47B946F-8C8A-4D49-ADD7-975A545269E1.jpeg
85A74635-11F5-4726-A874-643133A55661.jpeg
6BD6D24B-6CAE-4A69-A10E-432CD420A484.jpeg

LOVE the top down photos! You can really see what they’ve been up to, and they’ve been busy.

Are those au naturel, with no training? The plants did great all on their own.

@davisgirl I did have to anchor a cpl unruly branches, but otherwise no. I wanted to leave my first tent grow as unaltered as possible to get an idea how they were gonna grow in there, to plan future grows. You know, height, width and how many I could squeeze in etc. Max is 4 lol! You can see how they grew kind of square in shape to the shape of the tent and I rotated them 90 degrees every watering.

Last edited:
They look great, with a nice balance. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they do that on their own, in nature. I’d love to see top down plants of your trained girls at a similar age and see what a diffference it made. I wonder if there is any yield difference.

I like how you’ve managed these 2 grows. Since we’re pretty sure they’re the same plants, there’s the opportunity to learn lots of lessons from them.

Took some top down shots today while doing maintenance, rotation and watering. They are progressing along steadily but still have a ways to go.They are 72 days old today.View attachment 984460View attachment 984461View attachment 984462View attachment 984464
Lookin' good! Looks like a lot of white hairs still... got any close-ups? :greenthumb:I have three OG Kush on day 76. I will update tomorrow but I will be putting them in the dark for 48 hours this week and then hang 'em up to dry :cooldance:click on the link to my journal :pass:

Lookin' good! Looks like a lot of white hairs still... got any close-ups? :greenthumb:I have three OG Kush on day 76. I will update tomorrow but I will be putting them in the dark for 48 hours this week and then hang 'em up to dry :cooldance:click on the link to my journal :pass:
Nice! I will check out the update tomorrow. Unfortunately, my ladies are just starting to really get goin. They’ve got 4-5 weeks left probably.
482AC521-871C-4113-AF4A-FC0C8285142F.jpeg

Just got my first Mephisto beans I ordered on Friday; man that was fast! 24carat, toof decay, SODK, Bubbasquanch, and got sams crack and sour livers x 3 bears og as freebies. Plus a bunch of cool stickers. Thanks @mephisto ! That sour livers x 3 bears og sounds interesting; can anyone tell me anything about it? That one seems to be calling my name for some reason lol.
1C183E45-9905-4F5B-B144-7E0C4C28D9D8.jpeg

Back