I run two P300s in a 3x3 tent and find with most strains I have to make the base of my nutrients mix 200 ppm of cal/mag before I even start adding the other nutrients. I think the increased light spectrum and intensity makes the girls utilize more nutes, especially cal/mag.

Id have to agree with that. I was talking with my wife tonight and i have never seen a plant eat as much as this group has, they are eating every water and i have been pounding them with cal/mag. Nice thing about it is that you cant really OD them with cal/mag like you can with ferts. I am running tiger bloom and this is the first time in 7 years that i have used the heavy feeding on them as far as the schedule goes. That is 4 teaspoons per gal. Thats a lot of fertilizer, with no tip burn and they still look like they could take more. I dont want to go overboard with it but at the same time i like dark green plants.

The thing is my soil has zero nutes in it to begin with so everything has to be done via supplement. I have to make sure that they are fed the whole time on the cannibalize themselves. I never had to use cal mag in the past but i was ready this go around since this was the first time that i have ran LED lighting. Im just glad that i have made it this far with them and not ran into more serious issues other than the tent being overgrown.

I run two P300s in a 3x3 tent and find with most strains I have to make the base of my nutrients mix 200 ppm of cal/mag before I even start adding the other nutrients. I think the increased light spectrum and intensity makes the girls utilize more nutes, especially cal/mag.
Id have to agree with that. I was talking with my wife tonight and i have never seen a plant eat as much as this group has, they are eating every water and i have been pounding them with cal/mag. Nice thing about it is that you cant really OD them with cal/mag like you can with ferts. I am running tiger bloom and this is the first time in 7 years that i have used the heavy feeding on them as far as the schedule goes. That is 4 teaspoons per gal. Thats a lot of fertilizer, with no tip burn and they still look like they could take more. I dont want to go overboard with it but at the same time i like dark green plants.

The thing is my soil has zero nutes in it to begin with so everything has to be done via supplement. I have to make sure that they are fed the whole time on the cannibalize themselves. I never had to use cal mag in the past but i was ready this go around since this was the first time that i have ran LED lighting. Im just glad that i have made it this far with them and not ran into more serious issues other than the tent being overgrown.

I've definitely seen a lot of growers need to supplement their grows with cal-mag under LEDs. It could be for a number of reasons; increased spectrum, less radiant heat, the fact that most nutes on the market were tailored toward HID rather than LED. I know that in soil you should make sure the PH level is 6.5 or higher as well. Too low of PH levels will greatly inhibit a plants uptake in nutrients leading to cal-mag and other deficiencies.

Thanks for sharing all the pics and details FD! Loving the results so far!

The bubba kush girls, and i have learned something new about them. Just because they have bud sets and are starting to flower does not mean that that will not continue to stretch. I have seen this before but its been a while. Ive had the lights at the recommended height and they still want to grow into them.

As you can see there are two phenos out of three plants. Two that seem to be kush dom with the high rise main cola and then the bushier one.
full

From top of soil to top of plant. 1 gal pot
full

Twin sister, only difference is the resin production. Rest seems to be pretty close to identical structure.
full

My Roxi Girl
full

Now to address a few things, @PlatinumLEDTom i can see where you are talking about ferts being formulated to help LED. What i grow with usually comes out in the water at 6.2-6.5 so they are balanced for typical HPS/MH environment that provides somewhat of a more normal leaf temp. This will cause issues with nute pickup, and i think you may be right about the way you need to adjust the ph. I have always been a big advocate for that and how important it is with the plants. i have raised mine a few times and they seem to respond to what i am doing. I will tell you that it have been a learning curve for me. This is a new style to grow with, and most people will say a light is a light but i call BS on that. This is a whole different ball game and you have to learn to work with the light source.

I think that someone that has even grown with a low watt HPS and then goes up to a bigger one will see differences to, its all about the environment that they are in that you have to work with. One thing that i will say though is that i had to thin the heard. The kush girls were over growing the rest of the lot and a few gals had to find a new home. They are still alive but i needed to make room for the kush gals and the dragons as well as the colorful Roxi strain.

Im still digging the lights there is no doubt there and i cant wait to see how they finish them out.

What up FD! Definitely try to keep the PH levels above 6.5 to help with the uptake. I really don't think growers pay enough attention to PH, or other environmental factors. they can really make a difference as far as larger yields, bud sites, flowers, etc...

If your girls seem to keep stretching toward the light maybe try to lower it little by little. I hope this helps. Loving the pics so far and can't wait to see how they finish out.

Cheers, Tom
:vibe:

this one is for you @PlatinumLEDTom :pass:

So to show the genetic difference that i am seeing with the stretch. The lights, since the bloom switch have been 18-20 inches the entire time. As they grew into that distance i had to move them up. The one in the center as well as the one on the left were the ones pushing the lights up and up. Then there is one on the right that has stayed small and squat.

full

Here is a shot of the one pheno that stayed small out of the same seed line with lights at the same distance, until now, for the entire grow. She is the one nestled in the corner in the above pic

full

Her frost
full

The big gals frost
full

full

I can tell 100% that this is from genetics and there are also a few others in there that have stayed small given the light distances. So i know that the power of the lights are there, especially after watching @A-Train grow my dragons with them. Between the genetics and the lights there is no doubt that these things mean business.

Back