Lighting fan and heat sink info needed for cxa 2540/citizen 1212 build

Fitzy

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Colossal purps, blue toof x Royal gorilla, Tangerine haze, Ghost train haze, strawberry shortcake, face wreck og, berry gelato cbd 1.1, Durban poison
Ijust built a 14 cob fixture running 4 citizen clu0048 1212 3500k and 10 cxa 2540 , 4 3000k, 6 3500k, the questions i have are will a 4.850 inch x 3.375 inch x 1 inch heat sink be enough to passively cool one cob im running 2x hlg-185-700ma with 7 cobs on each driver but im going to eventually run 8 per driver. Now if that is not enough to cool 1 cob can someone suggest the right size, i dont want to do the pin style heat sinks as i already have a frame and 8 of those 4.850 inch x 3.375 inch x 1 inch heat sinks from heat sink usa i would like to go passive but if the heat sinks arnt big enough than what cfm fans should i be looking at thanks for your help guy this is first post but been lurking on hear for a few years Fitzy

Try it and see. 7 KAAHBS on a 185 is only like 27w each max. I bet it will be fine. You can turn a passive heatsink into an active by adding a computer fan directly or by just hitting it with moving air from fanage in the grow spot. I bet it will be decent on it's own though. Make sure to use Arctic Silver paste for the best transfer and use a blade/credit card to spread it paper thin. Thin as you can get it with full coverage. A DOT is all u need. Let us know and show some pics for the ladies who don't use kaaahbs.....yet.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Back