Lighting Slater's next project

Love it bro. The extrusion frame is the way to go. Cheap money compared to how it looks finished. GROMETS! You're on it. I love to see that sort of care. A suggestion and a very important one is to add a flat piece of material across the fins. Right now the fans not doing much for the outer cobs. Take some temp measurements after 2 hours of running and you'll probably see a substantial temp difference between the middle and outer ones. The flat stock will allow air to flow across the whole length and not just hit it and bounce back.

Can you post some pictures how to?

Man that's a very CLEAN build. Awesome stuff! :headbang: :worship:

:yeahthat:Couldnt have said it better!!

Very nice job Slater. :thumbsup:
:slap:
Thanks for sharing!
Now lets see that beauty fired up :headbang:
Until then I fired one up to share :pass:

Nice light! I got a couple of those slab heatsinks I never used.

Woah, Mr @Slater .. you have been busy. Nice work my man. :headbang:

Looks sweet man!! fire it up!!! :pass:

Thanks everyone passing that joint round that's still going from 1976... its never going to go out

giphy12.gif

She will get her official launch tonight. I did a test run a 1am last night all working bar one of the 3w reds... and I did a classic stoner mistake on the control box but did a classic stoner save... yes that's right I wanted the screen round that way.
So I took the 3w red off this morning and put another on. Should be ready for soldering when I get home later.

Here is the build from last night... look at that, the voltage meter is in nice and tight with glue, she was a little loose but now she is not going to budge :rolleyes1:

WP_20170518_00_14_00_Rich.jpg

Like I said... I wanted the screen that way round, it was all part of the master plan :headbang:

WP_20170518_00_26_31_Rich.jpg

Test flight ...

WP_20170518_00_48_59_Rich (2).jpg

200_02.gif

Just the 3w diodes

WP_20170518_00_50_15_Rich.jpg

Cobs dimmed right down... the far front right red is out next to the blue

WP_20170518_01_00_18_Rich.jpg

Love it bro. The extrusion frame is the way to go. Cheap money compared to how it looks finished. GROMETS! You're on it. I love to see that sort of care. A suggestion and a very important one is to add a flat piece of material across the fins. Right now the fans not doing much for the outer cobs. Take some temp measurements after 2 hours of running and you'll probably see a substantial temp difference between the middle and outer ones. The flat stock will allow air to flow across the whole length and not just hit it and bounce back.

Thanks @BigSm0 , I do like to do a tidy job. I'm loving that square tubing and all its fittings. All my builds will be out of that stuff from now on. So much easier, get the shop to cut it all then just slot it together.
The flat piece of metal has been a big thought since I started, It is part of the plan to put something on but I was holding back to see how it would run with out (I had a budget.... and ran over). I will give a test tonight and maybe get it in the tent tomorrow night for real test. I did have her running this morning over breakfast for about an hour and the ends hardly got warm. The outer frame with 3w's showed some more heat.

Nice control box! I was going to do that, but have decided on a low tech approach instead. I'm wiring a couple DPDT switches for the dimming. One will have a 22.5K resistor, and the other will have a 50K resistor, which will give me choices of 25%, or 50% dimming, or no dimming. I'll have it on my light soon and will post when its done.

Nice control box! I was going to do that, but have decided on a low tech approach instead. I'm wiring a couple DPDT switches for the dimming. One will have a 22.5K resistor, and the other will have a 50K resistor, which will give me choices of 25%, or 50% dimming, or no dimming. I'll have it on my light soon and will post when its done.

the switches are the new addition this time round, planning on running the 3w's only in flower so needed one for them. The other for cobs was just a bonus switch... if you look closely you can tell how stoned I was when I made the holes for the switches :dizzy:

This is all just precursor to train my self ready for when I really tech it up with a digital controller. I love the idea of playing around with sunrise's and sunset's, stuff like that.

Back