Lighting Mars Reflector 48 hack

Good times going on over here since I last visited, I see :smokeout:

Was gonna post something about cobs but now I forgot....

Oh yes, I remember. So I have a question. About how many of these mars units could one fit in an 8x4 tent? Hung above the canopy only, no side.
Reason is I have a connect who can fab me up just about whatever the hell I want for very little cost. Basically free all things considered.
I was looking online locally and a grow store has the same mars Slater is going frankenstein on. I was thinking about grabbing it, tinkering a little bit.

Oh yes, I remember. So I have a question. About how many of these mars units could one fit in an 8x4 tent? Hung above the canopy only, no side.
Reason is I have a connect who can fab me up just about whatever the hell I want for very little cost. Basically free all things considered.
I was looking online locally and a grow store has the same mars Slater is going frankenstein on. I was thinking about grabbing it, tinkering a little bit.

Do it!!! its so much fun!!! :pass:

Do it!!! its so much fun!!! :pass:

We're thinking about building a box or some type of housing for multiple units. My buddy works with steel and metal fabricating and has the ability to make me just about anything I could Imagine. From a laser to mills and lathes and whatever else you could possibly need for this type of endeavor. I told him about COBs and he checked out a thread or two here. His first idea was to build a cob that took up my entire ceiling and construct it in pieces that we can bolt together. Then add side walls. Then get an electrician in here!

We're thinking about building a box or some type of housing for multiple units. My buddy works with steel and metal fabricating and has the ability to make me just about anything I could Imagine. From a laser to mills and lathes and whatever else you could possibly need for this type of endeavor. I told him about COBs and he checked out a thread or two here. His first idea was to build a cob that took up my entire ceiling and construct it in pieces that we can bolt together. Then add side walls. Then get an electrician in here!

Tag me when u start a thread on this, please.:headbang:

Good times going on over here since I last visited, I see :smokeout:

Was gonna post something about cobs but now I forgot....

dude you need to watch these 2 vids before making up mars case's, I recommend going through all the growmau5 vids...

this is what I'm aiming for...maybe not 42 but I do love the idea...

I just love this light

dude you need to watch these 2 vids before making up mars case's, I recommend going through all the growmau5 vids...

this is what I'm aiming for...maybe not 42 but I do love the idea...

Haven't watched the second video yet, but DAMN is that 42 cree setup the bees knees! This is pretty much what I had in mind. I only have three things standing between me and a setup like that. Lack of funds, I don't own my house, and lack of funds.

If I could price up a 20 cree setup and get it done in a year or so.....then get my self a house and start it off right!

Ok I have my one year goal. Going to check that other video out

Lack of funds, I don't own my house, and lack of funds.

I suffer from that syndrome as well, but I have to throw in a forth...the misses looks after the cards...

That 42 set is the mutts nuts...its what sold cobs to me.

I'm slowly getting the gear together for a 20 to 25 cob light array, but in the mean time I'm going to do a couple of conversions get a grow or 2 out of them then sell on, getting my money back and more...I'm dropping it in conversation at the grow shop that i know thing or 2 about building them but being the UK no one has heard of it yet... trying to drum up some cob light pocket money by offering to build, I give it 6 months and good old blighty will catch up.

I suffer from that syndrome as well, but I have to throw in a forth...the misses looks after the cards...

That 42 set is the mutts nuts...its what sold cobs to me.

I'm slowly getting the gear together for a 20 to 25 cob light array, but in the mean time I'm going to do a couple of conversions get a grow or 2 out of them then sell on, getting my money back and more...I'm dropping it in conversation at the grow shop that i know thing or 2 about building them but being the UK no one has heard of it yet... trying to drum up some cob light pocket money by offering to build, I give it 6 months and good old blighty will catch up.

I feel like I may be headed down the same path as you. I don't even care to run my HID's this next grow, ready to get into led and start tinkering around asap. But I am gonna have to take it slow and easy, work my way there.

If it wasn't for the lack of funds I would be waving the plastic around buying that 42 setup today.

As far as my missus is concerned, she's a state over for the next 4 months helping her aging mother out with selling her home. She's in for a little surprise when she returns :eyebrows:

Back