New Grower DWC, Megacrop, Forgotten Cookies. COBS and QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey FB, so which lights do you prefer at this point, I'm running boards but still have no idea if there any good yet as first grow with them I didn't realise they were turned right down lol, I do believe my blurple was better for veg though as I just dont seem to get much stretch with my 3k boards so maybe not enough blue!

So let’s check out the COB room
Here’s the big Critical with her tops gone. Still waiting for final chop. She’s getting denser lowers so I’ll just let her chug for a few days till I have time to get to her.
489035A8-F5D4-4969-B31D-44A0F9E63DAD.jpeg

The Forgotten cookies in here now has lots of room to spread out. Harvest the two Northern Cheese haze last night so also got lots of elbow room in here. This plant is starting to get visibly larger flowers than the QB room. Not sure if it is the extra hour of light each day or the different spectrum or maybe even just the light intensity.
2F6890AB-A959-457A-BC6A-C7B2FD438CA3.jpeg
4A5C405A-EE24-40CC-AD72-F7CCB4754208.jpeg
C69438B6-1F38-4148-A8AE-F08C565F297A.jpeg

Never run dirt but started a few plants to try. They are most likely gifts but may keep one or two for myself. CBD crack by Fastbuds at about 2 weeks old.
286B5948-840F-416A-A85B-0AF49CF2F91E.jpeg

Also have some Humboldt Blue Dream CBD in wet paper towels. They might be Fem photos that I will run in the QB room when the Forgotten Cookies is done. They will be DWC as that has worked well for me.

FB

Hey FB, so which lights do you prefer at this point, I'm running boards but still have no idea if there any good yet as first grow with them I didn't realise they were turned right down lol, I do believe my blurple was better for veg though as I just dont seem to get much stretch with my 3k boards so maybe not enough blue!

I do like the blue in the 4K V2 chips but not really sure about the intensity of the boards. I had a small issue with the burn on the two plants but now have them pretty close and turned up and they seem fine. I’ve honestly been so impressed with my cob setup that I might have been expecting to much from the boards because everyone says they are better.
But I’ll clarify that my idea with my boards wasn’t to make them beast boards. I’m only running 132s but two per plant so that’s 264 per plant. Which I assume would be like running a 288 but I didn’t want to run heat sinks. I wanted to see how low I could keep the cost and still get high quality flowers.

I’ve been impressed with many aspects of the boards but also been left realizing it will take a whole grow or two to find the optimum way to run them. For the price though I feel the setup I built is the lowest cost and best way to light 4 plants with what’s currently available.

I would really like QBs that are setup like the Growmeau pucks but at the same cost as the cheap 132s LOL but that’s dreaming.

It’s important to remember that my QB room is 16/8 which is 14 hours less per week than anyone running 18/6. Over 10 weeks that will be 10 days less light about. Unless I run them side by side on the same voltage for the same light schedule it would be tough to compare one to the other.
Yet

Update time
First two plants here are the ones that were the largest. Now they are the smallest . But they are the closest to finish as the pistols have all started to die. The two girls being out front got the brunt of experimental treatment. I had a bit of burn on the top colas when I ran the light a bit close and then for whatever reason these two have been s but droopy throughtoutvthe grow after that. The res is healthy and they are drinking like crazy so I still have high hopes they are going to bulk up a bit more in the next 3 weeks.
Buds are firm and she’s looking good. Getting only kook bloom powder and some epsom. View attachment 1057814 View attachment 1057815 View attachment 1057816 View attachment 1057817
These are the two girls that were smaller. They now have a much more abundant look to them. Thinking 5 weeks on these but they are stacking up nicely. View attachment 1057818 View attachment 1057819 View attachment 1057820

So that’s the four Forgotten Cookies in the QB room on the 16/8 light schedule. And on the dirty water. High hopes for a good yield and dense buds under the 4k 16/8 schedule.
FB
I hope i got a room filled up like that one day!

Looking AWESOME!!!! Beautiful stacking and great frost. I am on my first run with quantum boards and so far I am pretty impressed, but only time will tell. Both your rooms are rocking and look terrific!!!

Wagon

:cheers:
Looking AWESOME!!!! Beautiful stacking and great frost. I am on my first run with quantum boards and so far I am pretty impressed, but only time will tell. Both your rooms are rocking and look terrific!!!

Wagon

They are some very impressive bit of lighting. I am happy with the 4K spectrum so far but only final product will tell the tale. I’d like to improve my COB setup a bit, I think I’m creating a bit of a hot spot with the two cobs so close together.

Either way the LED tech had made things so much more cost effective for hobby growers. I can’t believe I was actually looking at the Black Dog stuff when I first started to think about an indoor setup.

FB
:pass:

My first Mephisto came down and are drying. These were the Northern Cheese Haze. Overall happy with the grow. They were very light sensitive and I had a bit of trouble keeping the main stalk in check with the methods I had previously used. The buds were not as big as previous plants but they were dense and beautiful throughout. I’m impressed with the NCH and glad I ran them first. I learn f a bit from them and it has helped my Forgotten Cookies grow. Only two out of the five got a bit of abuse but they all seem to be doing well.
F72F28A5-8A04-4E6E-8651-F9190B4C0B8B.jpeg

So the reason for the post is something I’ve been trying to figure out for a bit. Transplanting/ starting DWC without taking up tons of space. Because I use the 8” current culture pots that go with my tops, only $6 each. I wanted a smaller area to stack my girls for the first four weeks and I think this will work. I had considered a big tote or custom box. But I really want the individual flexibility to move them around easily. I’ll be using one small pump and manifold to run six at a time. These are 5 quart buckets and seem to work well. Only issue I foresee is the water temp will definitely be room temp because of the volume. Hydroguard from the get go. My Blue Dream CBD will be hitting these in the next few days. Fingers crossed it works out. If not they were freebies.
BB12F023-EC6D-4B34-BCCE-EF8F91AE7F6A.jpeg
6424CB89-6C81-43EB-9887-9B1C07A34CDA.jpeg
080C8D82-FC99-4765-B58D-76B75E2542F1.jpeg
F636494E-9B28-4ADF-939F-7E0698228993.jpeg

And a strange story on the ablue Dream Seeds. So in March Seedsman had the CBD promotion where they were giving away CBD seeds based on volume of purchase. I bought a bit so had two levels to choose from. I picked Humboldt Seed Company Blue Dream CBD and someone’s Cannatonic, not sure who’s.

The seeds came in those little seedsman baggies and were labeled Blue Dream CBD. So I wasn’t sure if the were fem or Auto. So I sent an email to the Humboldt rep here in AFN and asked if he might have a clue what seedsman was giving away with his product. He told me what his seeds would be but he was not sure what seedsman was giving away and if it was even his?

If this is the case and this is how seedsman does business then I am done with them. If they are selling their own stuff and trading on someone else’s name then they are off my supplier list for sure. Can’t stand to see a hard working company have their product bootlegged and profited from their name. I have no issue with people making seeds just don’t sell it as Humboldt if it’s not.

FB
:vibes:

My first Mephisto came down and are drying. These were the Northern Cheese Haze. Overall happy with the grow. They were very light sensitive and I had a bit of trouble keeping the main stalk in check with the methods I had previously used. The buds were not as big as previous plants but they were dense and beautiful throughout. I’m impressed with the NCH and glad I ran them first. I learn f a bit from them and it has helped my Forgotten Cookies grow. Only two out of the five got a bit of abuse but they all seem to be doing well.View attachment 1058335

So the reason for the post is something I’ve been trying to figure out for a bit. Transplanting/ starting DWC without taking up tons of space. Because I use the 8” current culture pots that go with my tops, only $6 each. I wanted a smaller area to stack my girls for the first four weeks and I think this will work. I had considered a big tote or custom box. But I really want the individual flexibility to move them around easily. I’ll be using one small pump and manifold to run six at a time. These are 5 quart buckets and seem to work well. Only issue I foresee is the water temp will definitely be room temp because of the volume. Hydroguard from the get go. My Blue Dream CBD will be hitting these in the next few days. Fingers crossed it works out. If not they were freebies.View attachment 1058336 View attachment 1058337 View attachment 1058338 View attachment 1058339

And a strange story on the ablue Dream Seeds. So in March Seedsman had the CBD promotion where they were giving away CBD seeds based on volume of purchase. I bought a bit so had two levels to choose from. I picked Humboldt Seed Company Blue Dream CBD and someone’s Cannatonic, not sure who’s.

The seeds came in those little seedsman baggies and were labeled Blue Dream CBD. So I wasn’t sure if the were fem or Auto. So I sent an email to the Humboldt rep here in AFN and asked if he might have a clue what seedsman was giving away with his product. He told me what his seeds would be but he was not sure what seedsman was giving away and if it was even his?

If this is the case and this is how seedsman does business then I am done with them. If they are selling their own stuff and trading on someone else’s name then they are off my supplier list for sure. Can’t stand to see a hard working company have their product bootlegged and profited from their name. I have no issue with people making seeds just don’t sell it as Humboldt if it’s not.

FB
:vibes:
Cant remember who it was but someone else ordered a bunch of different strains from them, they were all the same just labelled different. Crooks methinks.

Yes sir agreed.

I was very excited with the ability to order online from Mephisto with online payment. Now with the issue I’ll have to find a way to pay them because I want to order direct. Just based upon the 100% germ I’ve had with them so far. The only thing I really liked to order from seedsman was Fastbuds and Dutch Passion. But I’m sure I can find another supplier stateside for that.

One of my reasons for starting a few CBD crack in soil was to get an idea of whether I was ok at soil so I can start breeding some seeds. Would like to have enough FB and Mephisto favorites that I can seed. Going to try to self pollinate some Gold Glue and some Gorilla Glue this summer.

Also thinking about grabbing the sample pack from Wicked Pissah that I’ve seen a few folks grab.

Long story short LOL, I think I’m all set with Seedsman. They had this noob until he knew better.

FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back