New Grower DWC, Megacrop, Forgotten Cookies. COBS and QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
my temps are rocking below 71 max now so im not tooo worried as of yet. BUT if Sensizym and low temps still create issues with root rot, ill get some hydroguard
In a pinch I’ve even used API Pond Zyme in my buckets. It’s a mix of amino acids and bacterial spores developed for cleaning ponds and small waterways. Cheap, the way I’ve used it, and in a dry form so easy to handle. If I remember correctly, a gram of this treats around 35 gallons and an eight ounce jar is only $16US.

In a pinch I’ve even used API Pond Zyme in my buckets. It’s a mix of amino acids and bacterial spores developed for cleaning ponds and small waterways. Cheap, the way I’ve used it, and in a dry form so easy to handle. If I remember correctly, a gram of this treats around 35 gallons and an eight ounce jar is only $16US.

Going to look that stuff up

I’ve been running the southern Ag fungicide that has the bacteria in it. First couple of grows I was running it in small doses in my top of bucket and letting it get really foamy. I no longer premix or have the need for a top off bucket. I add maybe 2ml per 8 gallons in the beginning and then around flower add 2 more. I have been lucky with no issues and very healthy smelling buckets, but I run very low doses. I see a lot of people using hydroguard and products like it at very high doses and far more regularly. If you are checking PH every few days and topping off every few days then you should have a pretty good idea of res health. I always make sure I have an air stone right under the access door so I know it’s bubbling. Also helps when I add my powder nutrients directly to buckets I know they are getting mixed a little bit.

Once again not suggesting anyone do what I do, just sharing my crazy ways. I have noticed that a few people here run a dirty water culture so I’m not feeling like a total loner.

FB

Not the Forgotten cookies but the Critical CBD. Dried and stabilized to 62% for about 2 weeks. Put it all together and then packed in jars with BOvedas. 294 grams. All the trim and small stuff along with another whole plant went to dry sift for experiments. Four half gallons at 70 grams each and a small 14g jar to the side for me to try. Big jars going into long cute. Pretty happy overall with the grow. Have not smoked any yet. Made some oil with the leftovers from dry sift, tried some but effects need more experimental studies :smoking: might not have been much THC/CBD after I stripped all the trichromes

:cuss:

Sorry about the poor light
5B8F98DA-A0C7-4577-81C8-6079C59B4DA3.jpeg
1E465688-78E5-4A5D-8DF4-275DCA4F0F3E.jpeg
E1E0B5E5-72B7-480F-B6BD-CFFDD4FA582D.jpeg

Attachments

• 40526D26-A780-484A-9EE1-1C642E662C9B.jpeg
    40526D26-A780-484A-9EE1-1C642E662C9B.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Northern Cheese haze stabile at 62% for a few days now so I had a chance to re jar and weigh. Only had 3 half gallon jars for two plants total so I was not expecting much. From the two plant I got 258 grams of nice bud. All lowers and leaf were not weighed and went to dry sift for later experiments.
The NCH were freebies and my first Mephisto so I’m happy with the outcome and learning experience.

The NCH already smell fantastic and I can imagine them getting better. Have not sampled it in any form yet. Had a very busy Week and need to get ready to harvest tops of some of the Cookies this weekend.

4.5 zips per plant of what appears to be a very nice flower. Sorry no pictures I was rushing and phone was charging. Very happy with that as I assumed I was coming here with bad news and figuring half that. I’ve never fit 3 zips in a half gallon jar with room to spare, hell yea @mephisto

This is my first harvest NCH and Critical that I have been processing the dry sift. Intention is to use that to make tincture from and avoid some of the chlorophyll taste. Anyone know it it works that way or am I wasting all that gorgeous kief. It has a beautiful yellow color without any green. I use multiple screens and ended with 110 Line per inch silk screen.?

FB

The Forgotten cookies harvest will be well photographed and documented. I want to get some real numbers from all the different plants. I’ll be taking tops and the 1-2 weeks later the rest and some plants are further ahead so a month to go before all are down and have the preliminary dry to get a good idea of production from the QB vs COBs at reduced light. Both of these NCH pulled 4.5 each under 17/7 soooooooooo yeah. From the looks the FCs are going to wreck that number.

:pass:

:chimp:
FB

If pressing is an option i bet you could make some killer rosin!
As far as the taste question, i say go for it! I dont think the tincture would pull out that green taste, unless trichomes contain chlorophyll as well. What sorta tincture are you gonna make?
Ive made a couple alcohol tinctures, they would burn your throat up but man theyd sit you down!
I work in vape, managed 4 retail shops now im in a manufacturing center/warehouse, and tried to make a tincture using pg and vg but never was successful.

Adding these because I know pictures are fun. Here is a soil plant I’m beating up to get ready for a buddy. CBD crack FB. Just realized I have the same initial as FastBuds. :face:

Pictures taken sideways are now showing up sideways ????? So confused, or elevated ?
73024260-D3C5-4132-8CF4-1D440DDA22B5.jpeg

These two ugly bitches are staying here to be abused some more. They are just experiments but don’t tell them, they think they earned there way into the show.
6D5293B3-D3AF-463C-9B0E-452604039194.jpeg
6A7D6C29-CB0A-475D-863B-B53EF84B3747.jpeg

@baked in the bluegrass

I’ve made several tinctures from leaf and popcorn. I dry them, break them down then de carb and use grain alcohol as extraction. I reduce that down to about 25% of it original volume and the add VG at a 1:1 ratio. Gets a sweet tincture with minimal alcohol where 2/3 ml in your tea or any other ingestion works well. It’s like an eadible when used that way an effects take the same time. But very pleasing to consume. Grain under the tongue for the quick buzz never works well for me or anyone I know and is not pleasant.

Tried sampling several dispensary tinctures and several online CBD orals and they all taste like shit under the tongue. Haven’t tried the VG/ grain under the tongue. Will be this time, wanted to use kief to keep the grain volume down and work the reduction down further before adding VG and see how that tastes/ absorbs as an under the tongue.

I just harvested the Critical plus CBD and have a-lot to play with. Have 5 Blue Dream CBD at a week old in DWC. And I’ll have two small soil CBD cracks that will be hidden somewhere amongst the rest. I should have enough CBD plants to do a lot of experiments with. Might need to find more friends with problems to help test, then again........ also plan on running most of my fall plants this year as indica dominant strains. Want to fill the store rooms with heavy knock out meds.

I’ve read all the threads in the processing section but would like to know anyones favorite tincture method.

:chimp:

Now To surf the site from this cloud I’ve just settled into call comfortably numb.

FB

I would totes guinea pig for ya lol.
So i suck at tinctures but my real jam is infusing food. I started about 3 years ago doing sweet treats, making cannabutters and oil with flower. Over the last half year or so ive started doing edibles with concentrates. Cake pops specifically, people around here luv themselves some infused cake pops. Ive got a crap ton pics and vids up on ig, whipping up batches of sweet treats. I do all kinds, cbd, thc, and mixed. Flower and/or concentrate based.
I said in one of my earliest posts here in afn that i think it would be rad to do a 420 dinner party, using weed i grew to infuse everything. That would/will be so effin rad when i can do it!!
Edit- also you said you reduce your concoction after the extraction. Isnt that rso, or similar to rick simpson oil? And once you reduced it, couldnt you at that point just mix in honey to make a tasty tincturey type thing?

Yup basically gonna make RSO and add sweeteners. Just going to play around with decarboxilation temps and times for the kief before I extract and make rso. Old way I was soaking a lot more green to get their and getting a lot of taste. Hoping the kief solves some of that process.

Yup basically gonna make RSO and add sweeteners. Just going to play around with decarboxilation temps and times for the kief before I extract and make rso. Old way I was soaking a lot more green to get their and getting a lot of taste. Hoping the kief solves some of that process.
Keep us updated! Taking a shot of everclear tincture is like swallowing raw hamburger that burns like the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back