Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

:jointman: Cheers Dr.B'! ...happy to help mate,...

WCOG tolerate very little nutes. I use 2 ml/l and the plant tells you it is too much. The Green Crack plants eat 5 ml/l and no burned tips.
-- :greencheck: a very good case-in-point! There's no "one size fits all" when it comes to cannabis and nutrient demands, as well as several other things,... running multiple strains at once can become something of a feeding circus as time progresses!- :help: :haha:

Hey - i think the plants (AN) that are heavy infested with trips are killing them slef slowly, hence they look more mature.

The Plants that are not so infested BiG Plant Science plants are just still producing maby its time to start lowing the base feeds and addetives and let the plants use up internally stored nutrients and swell up.

The plants are in the same tent room right ? If so it's pretty crasy that trips just love the AN plants that much compared to the BiG Plant Science menu ?

Btw Waira has exelent points on why looking at trichomes is not the best option for jugding when to harvest.

One room, one tent, cramped way over its capasity.
It is interesting how Big fed plants are much less damaged by thrips. My DP AutoColorado Cookies and FB Gorilla Glue and one Big fed Green Crack were not affected at all. WCOG were attaked very moderately, while Green Grack fed AN have really, really ugly thrips white scares, or what it is.

:greenthumb: another great case in point here,... every season (I'm an outdoor grower, so the bug wars are never-ending!) it's glaringly obvious that the buggy vermins have distinct preferences for certain plants, even if the nutes are the same,... and any plant showing stress is targeted big time! The aphids and thrips were strongly drawn to certain strains, while others, right next to them, had far fewer,... one plant that had a persistent Zn/Fe defc. got hammered the worst, hands down! As soon as I quelled that defc., they backed off it a lot,... I'm not sure of the specifics behind this, but I know the bugs both see and smell preferred/stressed plants and home in on them... biologically interesting :thumbsup:,...practically irritating! :cuss: :crying:
BiG', I'm not sure you read me right on the trichome thing, or mis-typed (translation issues)? :rofl: -- I am saying that IMO, trichomes are a better measure of bud ripeness stage than leaves or anything else, but collectively, all should be taken into account for assessing,... leaves and the degree of draining and shut-down seems pretty variable, often nutrient influenced, depending on how heavily they were feed, and how much of certain nute elements were stored (N isn't the only one to be absorbed regardless of need),... but certainly pests, strain differences, and environmental factors play their role as well! :smoking:

My first @FastBuds strain is harvested - West Coast OG

It was a surprisingly low level of underdeveloped bud. Most of the oil materials are trim.
IMG_0899.JPG

:jointman: Cheers Dr.B'! ...happy to help mate,...

-- :greencheck: a very good case-in-point! There's no "one size fits all" when it comes to cannabis and nutrient demands, as well as several other things,... running multiple strains at once can become something of a feeding circus as time progresses!- :help: :haha:

:greenthumb: another great case in point here,... every season (I'm an outdoor grower, so the bug wars are never-ending!) it's glaringly obvious that the buggy vermins have distinct preferences for certain plants, even if the nutes are the same,... and any plant showing stress is targeted big time! The aphids and thrips were strongly drawn to certain strains, while others, right next to them, had far fewer,... one plant that had a persistent Zn/Fe defc. got hammered the worst, hands down! As soon as I quelled that defc., they backed off it a lot,... I'm not sure of the specifics behind this, but I know the bugs both see and smell preferred/stressed plants and home in on them... biologically interesting :thumbsup:,...practically irritating! :cuss: :crying:
BiG', I'm not sure you read me right on the trichome thing, or mis-typed (translation issues)? :rofl: -- I am saying that IMO, trichomes are a better measure of bud ripeness stage than leaves or anything else, but collectively, all should be taken into account for assessing,... leaves and the degree of draining and shut-down seems pretty variable, often nutrient influenced, depending on how heavily they were feed, and how much of certain nute elements were stored (N isn't the only one to be absorbed regardless of need),... but certainly pests, strain differences, and environmental factors play their role as well! :smoking:
Sure! New attack! And you are right - they go after the weaker plants.
I sprayed last night and one time in the morning. Will spray again before lights off.

Thank you, @tripaholic88.
Smoke report will follow!

In a few days the thrips infested Green Crack is going down. They look so ugly, I think most goes to oil. I'll try live extraction this time.

Smoke report - FastBuds West Coast OG.

Summary of the grow: WCOG is easy to grow and responds well to LST. Hold back on the nutes. Half strenght is plenty!

Smoke: Today I smoke the smaller good buds that was ready for the jar today.

After curing, this will be a pefect smoke. The taste is of raw, fresh forest. I guess that is what is characterized as pine aroma. I could smoke this as it is, but will only take this sample before curing it. I expected it to be more harsh tasting. I will have it for New Years Eve, while watching the fire works from the balcony.

The high is uplifting and euphoric. It is sufficiently stong for my needs, taken into consideration I've been a heavy hash smoker for 25 years. The description in the FastBuds catalog fits. I started out writing in the first uplifted state. Now I relax in the sofa, muscles in my arms are turning into rubber bands. So I have to end now.

Conclusion: Grow it, crue it and smoke it! Thank you, @FastBuds! Great strain! I'll continue my FB Journey.

Posting pics later...can't edit now... :baked:

Back