Dutch Passion DP 'Orange Hill Special' new photoperiod strain.

Awesome grow tang! I'm having a hard time choosing between orange Hill special and blue velvet for my first big photo grow and I know you've grown both to perfection the orange Hill special seems to be a little better for yields but I remember you said the taste of the blue velvet was amazing! From your experience does one seem to be a bit more potent than the other? Thanks for any help man and well done like always!

I'm a huge fan of Blueberry so the Velvet for me bro.

Lovely stuff TaNg and yet another awesome DP blog...:Sharing One:

Cheers Duggy bro.

I signed up here just so I could give props to TaNg.. lol. Have been growing for years but still very impressed by your results mæstro! Mostly I have always topped my plants, or LST, but I notice from your grow diaries that you often leave your plants as they are, without topping or training, and still get enormous yields? I'm about to start a grow with seeds from Dutch Passion, was thinking about the Orange Hill Special and maybe White Widow and Euforia or The Edge, what do you think (for greatest yield); if height of the grow room is not an issue - should I leave them to grow untouched?
:slap:

Well I must say I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a spliff a cup of English twinning's tea and catching up on AFN! Another phenomenal grow tang. Shame about the dude early on like but means the girl got more attention and it sure paid off! You've convinced me to buys some of these bro gonna do a photo run after my next grow. If I did would you recommend one plant in a dr60 scrog and just flip to 12/12 when the scrog is 3/4's full?

I signed up here just so I could give props to TaNg.. lol. Have been growing for years but still very impressed by your results mæstro! Mostly I have always topped my plants, or LST, but I notice from your grow diaries that you often leave your plants as they are, without topping or training, and still get enormous yields? I'm about to start a grow with seeds from Dutch Passion, was thinking about the Orange Hill Special and maybe White Widow and Euforia or The Edge, what do you think (for greatest yield); if height of the grow room is not an issue - should I leave them to grow untouched?
:slap:

Welcome to AFN bro.

I always leave my autos but photos I like to top to get multiple heads.

Well I must say I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a spliff a cup of English twinning's tea and catching up on AFN! Another phenomenal grow tang. Shame about the dude early on like but means the girl got more attention and it sure paid off! You've convinced me to buys some of these bro gonna do a photo run after my next grow. If I did would you recommend one plant in a dr60 scrog and just flip to 12/12 when the scrog is 3/4's full?

1 with 30-35 days veg would fill a dr60 nicely bro.

I think the return on investment in a tent like a 60 is much higher if you really dial in 1 plant at a time. I'm in a similar sized space (2x2x5.5 feet) and that's pretty much plan from here out...top and train 1 plant at a time, get a TON of bud off of it, start the next seed behind her after the first is done. With this kind of strain, the timeline works well that you can dump half your crop on a buddy who also needs smoke (I have MS and Leukemia patients I share with) and then start from scratch, and assuming normal consumption rates, you can have dried cured bud ready right about as you finish the product from the last grow. Scrogging only serves to give you more wiggle room, since a well scrogged single-plant usually yields well above an LST'ed or just topped single plant.

Back to Tang...great harvest bud, what's your GPW look like? Fairly high since you didn't spend 3 months in veg or have to veg a mother before you took a clone...

[video=youtube_share;a1woUvj74QA]http://youtu.be/a1woUvj74QA[/video]

Brother TaNg, if I ever have occasion to have my life pass before my eyes, can I have permission to cue up one of your grow vids, just to leave this world with great joy? lol Another epic vid, my friend!

Hi there TaNg! I loved reading your grow report on DP's OHS! Thanks for all the details! I just joined the forum today after reading your thread. I will be growing 30 fem OHS in a couple of months. The beans are in already but I just got 32 clones of OG Kush today also. Of course they go in first but this allows me plenty of time to prepare for the 30 OHS dames. These OHS dames will be my first grow using 30 fem seeds instead of clones. A few years back I did a small scale grow with various fem seeds but it was during the summer and heat stress caused some dames to go rogue on me. I managed to save that harvest because I noticed it just in the nick of time. Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts are concerning my 30 fems? I will be germing and vegging (6400K) parallel to my OG Kush grow. After the final flushing and harvest I'll re-pot the OHS young'uns into the grow room @ 3x 600W HPS. I will try to take 2 cuttings off of each dame for the future but my concern is hermaphroditic developments. I read that you seriously topped your plants early and you suspect that that caused 1 to go rogue... I want to try to eliminate any excess stress so I have my Dimlux system set to start dimming at 29C. Of course this can be adjusted up or down accordingly. I also have very accurate PH/EC values during watering. I grow in coco (Atami) and use Plagron Coco A+B along with the Aptus professional range including Humic and Fulvic blast.
I would seriously appreciate any input you or any other forum member has concerning my OHS endeavor! To top or not to top... That is the question. My plants will be fairly close together. 30 dames (+2 unnamed clones) on 4.5 M2. I'm thinking of not topping them to reduce unwanted stress. Height isn't an issue in my room. Unwanted pollen would be a serious issue! ;-)
I am an experienced grower of clones inside and I have a little experience with fem seeds but that is almost always outside.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys so thanks in advance! Cheers!
Ken357

Hi there TaNg! I loved reading your grow report on DP's OHS! Thanks for all the details! I just joined the forum today after reading your thread. I will be growing 30 fem OHS in a couple of months. The beans are in already but I just got 32 clones of OG Kush today also. Of course they go in first but this allows me plenty of time to prepare for the 30 OHS dames. These OHS dames will be my first grow using 30 fem seeds instead of clones. A few years back I did a small scale grow with various fem seeds but it was during the summer and heat stress caused some dames to go rogue on me. I managed to save that harvest because I noticed it just in the nick of time. Anyway, I was wondering what your thoughts are concerning my 30 fems? I will be germing and vegging (6400K) parallel to my OG Kush grow. After the final flushing and harvest I'll re-pot the OHS young'uns into the grow room @ 3x 600W HPS. I will try to take 2 cuttings off of each dame for the future but my concern is hermaphroditic developments. I read that you seriously topped your plants early and you suspect that that caused 1 to go rogue... I want to try to eliminate any excess stress so I have my Dimlux system set to start dimming at 29C. Of course this can be adjusted up or down accordingly. I also have very accurate PH/EC values during watering. I grow in coco (Atami) and use Plagron Coco A+B along with the Aptus professional range including Humic and Fulvic blast.
I would seriously appreciate any input you or any other forum member has concerning my OHS endeavor! To top or not to top... That is the question. My plants will be fairly close together. 30 dames (+2 unnamed clones) on 4.5 M2. I'm thinking of not topping them to reduce unwanted stress. Height isn't an issue in my room. Unwanted pollen would be a serious issue! ;-)
I am an experienced grower of clones inside and I have a little experience with fem seeds but that is almost always outside.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys so thanks in advance! Cheers!
Ken357

Hay bro welcome to AFN it sounds like an epic grow. I'm not sure it was the topping that caused the herms after more reading and advice from others Im more inclined to say it was genetic.

Back