Now i wish i would have bought more than 2 cobs.... daym!
Are you using any lenses or reflector on the cobs?

Put it this way @Dudeski when i open my tent with 2 converted panels i see spots without my sunglasses on and the spread is insane. Ill have 3 running for flower each plant will have its own light. And I am watering about a day earlier than with the reg 300w panel.
This shit makes me so happy to read. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to convince people to ditch the blurple. Your experiencing efficiency and it's pretty amazing stuff.

Like a kid in a candy store I can't stop buying more and making more lights. I hope I'm not the only one affected by this hobby.

Well big, i was waiting on money and timing to be without a light. Ripper found the 3590 on sale and thats all it took! Not sure if i bought the right holders because I would like to use lenses too.
Whats you opinion on a single cob light? Im not doing more than 2 or 3 plants at a time.

The wirth won't work with the holders and lenses. Just the cob holders will fit the lense holders and lenses. And I got ya, money makes the world go round unfortunately. Single cob might not be enough. I think one to two per plant is adequate if they are spread enough.

Ive just seen a few single cob builds and wondered if one per plant is enough.

The 36v 3590's are 25-30 par watts. Atulip knows these numbers. I bet it's close to a 300w Mars panel though.

72v cxb3590 @ .7A is 50w, 56% efficient, so 28 par watts. The original Mars300, 140w, is maybe 30-35par watts at most. So a single 50w cob would be close to the output of the mars300 now.

28 par watts is good for about a 1.5'1.5' space to flower. Upwards of a 2'x2' veg.

So two in the mars is extra good for one plant!
That answers my question about one or two per plant, for me i like 2. You have an idea how far apart i can spread them while staying on the heatsink? I bought 2 of the 4x7 inch ones. Can I go 5 inches?
What ga wire? I have stranded 16 already, maybe some 18

35 par watts from 140 wall watts or
28 par watts from 59 wall watts. How certain led companies say they give off virtually zero heat and are comparable to higher wattage hps drives me nuts.

If I had a dollar for everytime I said the word efficiency I'd buy these companies out and burn them down.

Back