I have watched several more of the diy videos and the par finally makes sense to me! The light output explanation and conversion youve just done sold me even more. Thats what grows the plants! Im thinking about getting 2 more cobs

So two in the mars is extra good for one plant!
That answers my question about one or two per plant, for me i like 2. You have an idea how far apart i can spread them while staying on the heatsink? I bought 2 of the 4x7 inch ones. Can I go 5 inches?
What ga wire? I have stranded 16 already, maybe some 18

I think you can get about 8 inch spread between cobs and 16awg will be perfect. Im using overkill with 14awg the leads running from the drivers are like 18 or 20 so 16 or 18 will be fine.

72v cxb3590 @ .7A is 50w, 56% efficient, so 28 par watts. The original Mars300, 140w, is maybe 30-35par watts at most. So a single 50w cob would be close to the output of the mars300 now.

28 par watts is good for about a 1.5'1.5' space to flower. Upwards of a 2'x2' veg.

Hey @Atulip do you know what the par would be on 5 cxa2530s and what it would be for 4 cxa2530s all are 36v. Im running 1 with 5 and another with 4 for vegging and I have another 1 with 4 cobs to put in for flower. Was just curious what they might compare to.

Hey @Atulip do you know what the par would be on 5 cxa2530s and what it would be for 4 cxa2530s all are 36v. Im running 1 with 5 and another with 4 for vegging and I have another 1 with 4 cobs to put in for flower. Was just curious what they might compare to.
i can answer that. Just give me a minute
image.jpeg

Hmmmmmm

image.jpeg

All I came up with was enough and probably double the little blurple Mars.

Lol @BigSm0 thats pretty technical. All i know is its more like 3 times as bright as the blurple. I have 3 5k and 4 3k for a total of 7 cobs and ill be putting 4 more 3k in for flower so we shall see how bright it is then and how big and juicy I can get my buds. The spread is nice but the penetration is what is amazing me. I have new growth sites all the way to the main stem at the dirt and thats after stripping my big mother to semi lolipop that and most of it was dead or dying that low with the blurple in there.

That is fantastic baxterwolfe! My cobs should be delivered today.

Do you have a journal here?

Kinda but I havent been keeping up with it at all. I think thats another reason why I just totally failed with my last autoflower grow. Im going to start it back up or a new one so it makes me look and think about the plants everyday or every other day. I have fixed most if not all of my problems I had like getting to hot in the tent and now the new lights should help a ton as well. I'll snap some pics of the new growth on the lower branches that I had stripped because they obviously were not getting any or the proper light from the blurple. Right now I have 3 plants going Deathstar, Papaya and Tangerine Dream 2 of them are looking really good now and coming back to good health. The Deathstar has some issues idk if its PH or not enough N because its dying from the bottom up. Im going to do a super heavy flush on it tonight to reset everything. I have a new PH meter coming so I will be testing water before and after mixing nutes and also testing soil to try and fix the issue. Im thinking about switching to mostly Dyna-Gro nutes as they are fucking kicking ass on my outdoor plants. Ill post some pics of the outdoor stuff in the new journal as well and link it for you @Dudeski.

Back